Zelda: Hyrule Warriors Screenshots Reveal New Playable Character

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Zelda: Hyrule Warriors Screenshots Reveal New Playable Character

Zelda: Hyrule Warriors will feature Zelda series regular Impa as a playable character, and a gamepad/TV two-player mode.

Tecmo Koei, the publisher behind the upcoming Zelda: Hyrule Warriors for the Wii U, has just switched on the game's official website. It's all in Japanese for now, but a couple of things we were able to determine were that the game will feature Zelda series regular Impa as a playable character, and will have some form of DLC. There will also be a two-player mode, where one person can play on the gamepad while the other plays on the TV.

The site also featured a rather expansive screenshot gallery, which shows the game looking quite nice on the Wii U hardware. Check them out below:

The game's story will involve the witch Shia becoming evil and kidnapping Princess Zelda. The site also detailed the "Treasure Box" collector's edition which contains an art book, a Triforce-shaped clock, the scarf Link wears in the game, a treasure chest box (with sound effect when you open it), and three slices of costume-based downloadable content. Hopefully, this one makes it out of Japan!

Zelda: Hyrule Warriors is set to launch in Japan in August 14. No release dates for any other regions have been announced as of yet.

Source: Tecmo Koei

Since this is basicly a Dynasty Warriors game its safe to assume that there will be plenty of playable characters

That'd be sweet if Lu Bu was a hidden/unlockable playable character. Just imagine him trampling all over Hyrule with Red Hare. :3

Holy shit look at that iron dining table that sheik uses as her sword. She makes link look likea total sissy with that. I realy hope he gets some nice two handed monster hunter style monstrocity to restore balance.

I have a feeling Jim is creaming in his pants for this. And while I'm not a fan of Zelda games in general but love Dynasty Warriors, I might give this a look at to see what it's like.

Holy shit, is that Link suited up as a knight of Hyrule there? If so, holy crap, it's like that one Zelda tie-in comic they had about 20-ish years ago, that they made for A Link to The Past and released piecemeal in old Nintendo Power mags(RIP). That is really neat.

Steven Bogos:
-and a gamepad/TV two-player mode-
-There will also be a two-player mode, where one person can play on the gamepad while the other plays on the TV.-
-there's a two-player mode where one person plays on the GamePad and another on the TV.-

You seem to be excited about one particular aspect of this new game, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is...

Wow that bird mask lady is sporting some serious cleavage. This game looks pretty sweet. It almost makes me want a WiiU.

DaViller:
Holy shit look at that iron dining table that sheik uses as her sword. She makes link look likea total sissy with that. I realy hope he gets some nice two handed monster hunter style monstrocity to restore balance.

I think thats Impa and not sheik. Looks more similar to her incarnation in OoT rather than Sheiks at least.

The more I hear about this game, the more my interest goes up. Vanquishing entire armies as Link? Fuck yeah I wanna do that! I hope zelda is a playable character as well. :P

That is an excellent character design for Impa.

Smash bros pls? Maybe not THIS one but perhaps the one after this one?

Halyah:

DaViller:

I think thats Impa and not sheik. Looks more similar to her incarnation in OoT rather than Sheiks at least.

The more I hear about this game, the more my interest goes up. Vanquishing entire armies as Link? Fuck yeah I wanna do that! I hope zelda is a playable character as well. :P

Like someone else noted, I hope Lu Bu's in it. It'll be interesting to see what comes out of that one.

In other news, that collector's edition seems freaking sweet. But I don't think I can buy it without a Wii U. Sounds like I might have an excuse because of this game though.

I have this feeling that the redundant gameplay will keep me away from it...

Halyah:

DaViller:

That is Impa. Dressed up differently, but that's her Skyward Sword incarnation. I quite like it.

This game's shaping up to make me wish I still had my Wii U.

Team Ninja Confirmed as Co-developers
Oh you bet they were.

Jiggle physics confirmed? I don't like to buy into this whole gaming industry beating it's self up think team Ninja are the only developer i think has a very legitimate problem, especially after the disaster that was other M.

Exius Xavarus:

Halyah:

DaViller:

That is Impa. Dressed up differently, but that's her Skyward Sword incarnation. I quite like it.

This game's shaping up to make me wish I still had my Wii U.

I never got to the first dungeon in skyward sword. I got to that temple on the ground thats before it, but around then I just gave up because of the utterly atrocious controls and the fact that they were destroying my wrists. >.>

So I've never seen skyward sword Impa. Didn't even know she was in it.

Scrumpmonkey:
Team Ninja Confirmed as Co-developers
Oh you bet they were.

Jiggle physics confirmed? I don't like to buy into this whole gaming industry beating it's self up think team Ninja are the only developer i think has a very legitimate problem, especially after the disaster that was other M.

Wasn't most of the blame for that on Sakamoto's shoulders? He's the reason the story was so -bad- at least.

Halyah:
I never got to the first dungeon in skyward sword. I got to that temple on the ground thats before it, but around then I just gave up because of the utterly atrocious controls and the fact that they were destroying my wrists. >.>

So I've never seen skyward sword Impa. Didn't even know she was in it.

All good, brah. The whole reason I quoted you was to say you were right; that's Impa. :p

well, looks like whoever designed Nouhime in Samurai Warriors had a field day with Shia. According to the website the whole reason she became possessed was because she's in love with Link and REALLY wants to get rid of Zelda. Definitely a new way to make a Zelda storyline.

Is it just me or does Impa look a lot...paler than normal?

skylog:

It's just you; that's actually run-of-the-mill for her in the series. The odd one out was Skyward Sword where she was REALLY tan and was blond as opposed to platinum

Halyah:

Oh snap your right itīs impa not sheik, for some reason these names always switch sides in my head.

Im totally with you on the zelda thing but why stop there?
I would love to tear through mooks as a goron chieftain using only my bare fists or as midna (adult form and kid form) using sick dark magic. There are a ton of possibilitys in this universe and I would be very disappointed if they where wasted.

Scrumpmonkey:
I don't like to buy into this whole gaming industry beating it's self up think team Ninja are the only developer i think has a very legitimate problem, especially after the disaster that was other M.

Team Ninja was only responsible for the gameplay for Other M, which while boring it at least functioned. The story, terrible voice-acting, and way Samus was portrayed was all the doing of Nintendo, particularly Sakamoto.

You guys REALLY need to change that slideshow method of presenting pictures.

Woot woot! I knew Tecmo-Koei wouldn't disappoint in having multiple characters to play as! I really hope it comes state side!

Aiddon:

skylog:

It's just you; that's actually run-of-the-mill for her in the series. The odd one out was Skyward Sword where she was REALLY tan and was blond as opposed to platinum

Mm. You're right. I forgot her design fluctuates the most out of all the recurring characters, and that she was only tan in two games.

But still, she's wearing the Sheikah symbol, and in the main series they all had darker skin.

It looks like now I have a really tiny bit of a reason to think about getting a WiiU... But nah, not with the Tablet controller thing.

If my fangirl squees were any higher, I'd break the windows..

I've loved the legend of Zelda series since I was little, and I liked Dynasty warriors' gameplay. And this game just looks great. This must be the most handsome design Link has ever gotten, and Impa looks just gorgeous! (Although I miss the ocarina of time boobs... I know, I'm a pig.)

I can't wait for this game to come out. It's gonna be awesome!

Stop it Nintendo, we agreed I wouldn't buy a Wii U after the Wii disaster. We agreed I would not succumb to my inner fan boy who keeps whispering "remember the N64" in my ear. We agreed the latest Mario Kart would not make a dent in my will power. I don't like Zelda, I've never liked Zelda - the Ocarina of Time wasn't one of my favourite games ever. Damn you Nintendo.

A great start but I'd be so happy if they included this guy

A childhood favourite of mine.

Hyrule Warriors has the potential to be a glorious game that celebrates the whole series and lets you play as some of the side characters you always wished were playable.
Or it may have a shitty roster like
Impa
Zelda
Link, Toon Link, The Four Swords Links, original Link, Occarina Link, Wolf Link, Child Link, Mario costume Link.

Certainly make a few different costumes for Link but its called Hyrule Warriors so lets see some warrior characters from the previous games. Rather than making it about the very few mainstay characters.

Interesting, I do like me some dynasty warriors. But, there is a question that's still lingering in my mind:

Are they going to include the series' best character in this game?

Whew, that silver and blue chainmail costume for Link looks pretty badass. IIn fact, the blue scarf on his default costume looks pretty awesome too.

Impa looks to have received a pretty sick update too.

So I assume the big titty absolute cleavage chick is the evil witch?

And suddenly, I want a Wii U. This, X, Wind Waker HD, and Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate, would probably make the purchase worthwhile for me.

Nintendo should let more companies work on titles with them. The results are usually excellent. Like the Oracle games on Gameboy Color by Capcom.

sigh... is every Nintendo franchise I care about going to have Team Ninja fuck with it now? I'll admit Zelda probably needs some new blood transfused into it, but can we get it from someone with an ounce of class please?

Res Plus:
Stop it Nintendo, we agreed I wouldn't buy a Wii U after the Wii disaster. We agreed I would not succumb to my inner fan boy who keeps whispering "remember the N64" in my ear. We agreed the latest Mario Kart would not make a dent in my will power. I don't like Zelda, I've never liked Zelda - the Ocarina of Time wasn't one of my favourite games ever. Damn you Nintendo.

Okay, I'll bite. What do you mean by "Wii disaster"?

This actually LOOKS kind of cool.
But, then again, so did Metriod: The Other M.

I really REALLY hope Ganondorf is an unlockable playable character in some form, that would be pretty awesome :3

And while I'm not a huge Dynasty Warriors fan (on account of not having played a game) I would find it hilarious if Lu Bu was the real final boss :P

Is it sad that when I saw image 22, all I could think of was "Oh boy, looking forward to the associated thread on that; complete with overblown moral outrage."

Apart from that, I must say the game looks damn good and for reasons other than better post-processing effects for once.

Pity it only comes on WiiU. One game is not worth it.

RatherDull:
That is an excellent character design for Impa.

Smash bros pls? Maybe not THIS one but perhaps the one after this one?

Assuming Nintendo survives the required decade to get to the next game.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here