Hotline Fortress 2 Trailer Combines Two of your Favorite Games

Hotline Fortress 2 Trailer Combines Two of your Favorite Games

Source Filmmaker at its finest.

Team Fortress 2 and Hotline Miami are fantastic games on their own, but what happens when you combine the two? Aside from a shared penchant for violence, the franchises have very little in common. Until now.

Nonamesleft just released its latest Source Fimmaker masterpiece, dubbed "Hotline Fortress 2: Wrong Number." The trailer combines the audio from the official Devolver "Dial Tone" HM2 trailer, with footage featuring all your favorite TF2 classes.

Hotline Fortress 2 took about a month to make, but the end result (see above) is pretty stellar. If you're into Source Filmmaker videos, check out the rest of the videos on the Nonamesleft channel. This little number about beards is worth a look as well.

Hotline Fortress needs to be a mod. Where every hit is an OHKO, the gore is turned up to eleven and the effects from Hotline Miami are there.

RatherDull:
Hotline Fortress needs to be a mod. Where every hit is an OHKO, the gore is turned up to eleven and the effects from Hotline Miami are there.

That would be fun, but don't forget instant respawn to get right back in

Daniel Lowery:

RatherDull:

That would be fun, but don't forget instant respawn to get right back in

That would be pandemonium!

I like it. Make it happen mod monkeys!

RatherDull:

Yes. Just... yes.

RatherDull:

As long as I can equip the Reserve Shooter and Homewrecker, stick this on:

And rip apart the line of five sentries that always appears in Payload.

That was cool. Really stellar animation really, it was all very fluid.

But what does something that combines Team Fortress 2 and Hotline Miami have to do with two of my favorite games? Do they morph into Fallout 3 and pre-trammel UO?

Hmmm Team Fortress 2 and Hotline Miami are so far from been my favourite games it's mind boggling.

"Combines-Two-of-your-Favorite-Games"

No it doesn't It's got nothing to do with Mass effect or world of Warcraft!!

FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly my 2 favorite games are Titanfall and Watch_Dogs so this article is not true. Still a nice trailer though

Also: If anyone did want to combine those two games I would be happy with that too

Hot damn I want that outfit for my Pyro.

Had to post on account of topic.

Did anyone notice that in the original trailer that the Pig Butcher is in Jacket's old apartment?

it seems every week the TF2 community does something amazing

This.... needs to happen. Someone needs to make this or hell, Steam Greenlight this.

Holy shit, that was cool. :D Love the Heavy with the open bear mask.
I'm sad that he didn't use a more Hotline-esque soundtrack though.

he also made America F... yeah video that is on his channel it is epic you should check it out.

That was... incredible. Two great games mashed up into an incredibly well animated short film? How can you go wrong?

RatherDull:

actually..... it sorta is a mod like this already in saxton hale mode. when you play as saxton i mean. one guy with less firepower face a horde head on and it ends in a killigspree where the people who get hit explode in to bloody chunks

I would like it if Hotline Miami 2 didn't have retro 8-bit graphics. Instead kept the 80's neon vibe but update the visuals to be crisper and 'flashier'. Keep that synth-pop music pumping!

Think Pac-Man Championship Edition DX graphics with Hotline Miami gameplay.

Hot damn, now I really want to try out Hotline Miami. It's been on my radar before, but I kind of missed out.
I've seen some trailers and some gameplay, and one thing that struck me was how much it reminded me of the movie Drive. I mean it REALLY reminds me of Drive. An 80's vibe with neon and techno music? Check. A really hardcore look? Check. A protagonist we know nothing about, in a rather uncomfortable way? Check. Tons of ultra-violence? You bet your ass that's a check!
I want to try this game out, but just so I know, am I correct in thinking it will be a lot like Drive, or is it different?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here