Leaked Video Confirms Battlefield Hardline Release Date: Oct 21 - Update

Leaked Video Confirms Battlefield Hardline Release Date: Oct 21 - Update

Leaked trailer also confirms Hardline for the PS4 and PS3.

Update: The Dailymotion version of the trailer was pulled, but it looks like EA has released it officially in light of the leak. This official version lacks the PlayStation slate at the end, however.

Original Story: A leaked trailer on Dailymotion confirms the release date of EA's next big shooter. Battlefield Hardline will be out October 21st, and it will appear on the PS4 and PS3 at the very least.

The end of the trailer confirms the Sony console releases, but there's no mention of the Xbox platforms or the PC in the trailer. Given the release of Battlefield 4 on all five platforms last October, it would be a bit of a surprise if Battlefield didn't show up on either Xbox.

The leaked video also says that a five-minute multiplayer trailer will be available on the Battlefield Hardline website. Expect the video during or after E3 next week.

If the Dailymotion link/embed stops working, it's also on playstation.net.

Source: SkyEagleGaming (Twitter) via Destructoid

EA going to sack yet another low level employee and say it was their fault?

I'm actually really excited for this. One on my favorite games last year was Payday 2 so the cops and robbers thing has gotten me stirred up. BF4 is pretty good (I play on console so I don't don't have all the glitches that PC has) so I'm crossing my fingers that they can pull this off.

Hey EA, you're use of 'Jungle' wouldn't have anything to do with it featuring prominently in the incredibly popular Netflix series Orange is the new Black, would it?

Kennetic:
I'm actually really excited for this. One on my favorite games last year was Payday 2 so the cops and robbers thing has gotten me stirred up. BF4 is pretty good (I play on console so I don't don't have all the glitches that PC has) so I'm crossing my fingers that they can pull this off.

I love payday and miss the SWAT series, hopefully this will allow SWAT style gameplay as cops.

You'd think, with a 'new' IP, they'd want to go new-gen consoles and PC only rather than wasting resources on all 5 platforms. Sure, it's not too hard to downgrade a game, but it becomes a huge problem if there's bug fixes that need to be specifically tailored for each console. And there WILL be bugs, as proved by Frostbite 3 and BF4. WHICH HAS BEEN FINALLY FIXED AFTER 8 MONTHS OF BULLSHIT!!

The revenue of the old console install base looks really hard to pass up, but if you focus the game and make it outstanding for the (fast-selling!) new-gen consoles, then people will buy it in 2 or 3 years time when they get around to upgrading. But nope, apparently the logical explanation is to bleed a franchise dry until only sand pours out.

And specifically about Hardline: it kinda looks like it might be good. To me, it seems like Visceral is taking BF4 and making a fan mod of it. The single-player might not be awful because DICE isn't making it, and the new game modes might be what the franchise needs to stir things up. As a Battlefield fan since the beginning, I'm kinda off-put by the fact that DICE isn't making it, but then again, DICE isn't the same as it was before. I don't mind that there's more focus on the infantry combat (kinda looks like a cross between BF3's Close Quarters and Aftermath DLC's) and I actually welcome it. It'll be easier to balance gameplay and make it more tactical when there's a focus on infantry and infantry transport. The "true" Battlefield fans (i.e. people too high on themselves), knocked on Close Quarters because it deviated from the franchise's bread and butter, but to me, it was their best DLC. The tactical gunplay that was present on those 4 maps was almost a new game in itself. A whole game focused on infantry could be very interesting. And it's not like Hardline is taking anything away from BF4, since the BF4 was just "released" this week and is fresh as can be.

as long the netcode is not a problem as with BF4, i might consider it. just tried BF4 with its new patch, which is a bit better but still terrible to play. still getting killed behind cover and die instantly. so titanfal stays and bye bey BF4. done with it.

Didn't some EA mouthpiece say that they weren't going yearly and 4 would stick around for a while? I dunno, I haven't even bought BF4 yet so I doubt I'm down for buying a BF game yearly.

I find the trailer to be very unimpressive. Even by 'let's do the same thing every year' standards this is boring. At least CoD had the idea of adding kevin spacey.

Eiv:

Yea, it's EA's fault for hiring a jerk that would break the NDA. People that break NDAs and leak content are untrustworthy jerks. No matter how bad EA treats a person, the employee signed an NDA and if they had an ounce of integrity they would keep to it.

If I met someone that broke an NDA I wouldn't trust them one bit because I know that they have a history of breaking promises.

Steve Waltz:

Eiv:

Yea, it's EA's fault for hiring a jerk that would break the NDA. People that break NDAs and leak content are untrustworthy jerks. No matter how bad EA treats a person, the employee signed an NDA and if they had an ounce of integrity they would keep to it.

If I met someone that broke an NDA I wouldn't trust them one bit because I know that they have a history of breaking promises.

It's more about get the RIGHT guy rather than some RANDOM guy.

Eiv:

Steve Waltz:

Eiv:

Oh! Sorry. I wasn't aware that EA had some kind of reputation for pinning the blame on other people when something unfortunate happens. Sorry about that.

I know EA has a reputation for cruelly working their employees to the bone and I thought you were idolizing the leaker as some kind of hero for breaking his NDA and back-stabbing EA. I honestly can't stand when something gets leaked. It just shows there's another untrustworthy jerk out there who thinks he's being virtuous or, at the very least, has 0 self-control.

Well that looks like very other damned battlefield trailer.

So, terrible campaign, glitchy as buggery multiplayer, twelve months release cycle here we come!

I can't help but think these 'leaks' are either deliberate or a result of a network security failing on EA's part rather than random employees breaking their contracts.

Steve Waltz:

Eiv:

Steve Waltz:

Oh! Sorry. I wasn't aware that EA had some kind of reputation for pinning the blame on other people when something unfortunate happens. Sorry about that.

I know EA has a reputation for cruelly working their employees to the bone and I thought you were idolizing the leaker as some kind of hero for breaking his NDA and back-stabbing EA. I honestly can't stand when something gets leaked. It just shows there's another untrustworthy jerk out there who thinks he's being virtuous or, at the very least, has 0 self-control.

Not at all, I don't agree with NDA breakers. I just want them to attempt to find the correct person who leaked the info rather than some pure shmuck who takes the heat.

SecondPrize:
Didn't some EA mouthpiece say that they weren't going yearly and 4 would stick around for a while? I dunno, I haven't even bought BF4 yet so I doubt I'm down for buying a BF game yearly.

that was before Battlefield 4 became a massive flaming pile of shit due to all the bugs that EA didn't want fixed because "FUCK IT, IT'S DONE, WE NEED MONEY".

And then they apologize because they thought it was done.

So, looks like Battlefield is indeed the new CoD, new game every year that doesn't add anything and gives no incentives to buy brand new.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here