Dragon Age Inquisition Gameplay Trailer: Step Into The Light (Update)

I am liking what I am seeing.
It looks nice, and judging by the combat it might play nice.
Now tie it up nicely with less loading screens, better story and characters and we will be mostly good on my part.

Well ... except one damn thing.
Where is my duel wielding warrior!
You better have it Inquisition, you better have it!!!

The few seconds might have been it, or the rogue.
Even so, I wish I had some clear evidence to prove that it will be in the game, or my Inquisitor will never truly exist.

I'm guessing someone broke NDA?

PS. nevermind, they broadcast it on Twitch? God damn PR people ... you're mostly selling these games to cantankerous 30+ year old misanthropes like me Bioware, don't make me chase a live version on twitch or fop me off with some rip.

I don't like the "chosen one, cursed by destiny" stuff. One of the good things about DA so far is that you were always just the kind of ****-up that happened to be full of murder. Special curse powers are just. ugh.

Not really that much gameplay though, no? I mean the attack animations were nice.. But.. Uh.. That was about it. Oh well, still looking forward to this. Liked the other two DA so far.

Howdy do Leliana.... what trouble have you been getting upto?

Thanks for the vid

looks more like more of the crappy combat from 2 rather than the strategic combat of 1

I enjoyed the style of that more than I expected. And it's nice to see some of the characters from that survey from way back when - I'd always wondered if those were real, so I guess they are!

EA you might want to look up Gameplay, because it doesn't mean what you think it means.
Anyway the combat doesn't look much better than the horrible DA 2 combat, so i am most likely going to pass.

MCerberus:
I don't like the "chosen one, cursed by destiny" stuff. One of the good things about DA so far is that you were always just the kind of ****-up that happened to be full of murder. Special curse powers are just. ugh.

Agreed, that trope is hopelessly overused as a gimmick to give someone a "superpower".

Still, it's the characters that make or break one of these games for me. The little combat we saw looks fun, though I mostly play tactical.

Well color me excited. Graphics are a huge step up, and from those animations it looks like combat is going to be a refined version of the flawed but promising system in 2 rather than listening to the howling of the vocal minority and going back to the glacial, dated slog that passed for "combat" in DA:O. Not sure glowing hand curse can carry a story but I will withhold judgment on that front until I know more.

Was that FemShep at 0:52, or just a character that looked exactly like "my" FemSchep at least.

They've definitely gone for a Dark Souls feel for this trailer.

I'm unsure of what to think, DA2 was a disaster so I'll probably wait for the reviews to be out before I pick it up, even though I really really enjoyed Origins.

I am much more excited about this than I am about Mass Effect. I admit Dragon Age II had its problems, but I still have fun playing it and still have faith in the series.

That being said, I'm not a fan of this apparent new dodge ability. That reduces Dragon Age combat from tactics to hack-n-slash. And are we ever going to touch The Darkspawn again, or are they just pretending they aren't there anymore?

Anyone else have serious sound problems with the third video?

Sniper Team 4:
I am much more excited about this than I am about Mass Effect. I admit Dragon Age II had its problems, but I still have fun playing it and still have faith in the series.

That being said, I'm not a fan of this apparent new dodge ability. That reduces Dragon Age combat from tactics to hack-n-slash. And are we ever going to touch The Darkspawn again, or are they just pretending they aren't there anymore?

Anyone else have serious sound problems with the third video?

Yes, the third video is pretty messed up.

I didn't notice the dodge function too much in fact, didn't even know about until you mentioned it. However, as long as it can be calculate into the isometric view and the enemies react accordingly, I think it can be seen as just another strategic option.

are we sure thats game play?

the two BioWare videos have left me unhyped. i think me and them are parting ways for good

Not getting fooled by Bioware again. I will get Dark Souls 2's DLC and be happy.

endtherapture:
They've definitely gone for a Dark Souls feel for this trailer.

I'm unsure of what to think, DA2 was a disaster so I'll probably wait for the reviews to be out before I pick it up, even though I really really enjoyed Origins.

Perils of the warp i guess.. oh wait. That really didn't show off the combat all to well and yeah looked like a happy dark souls. I was hoping this was going to be a refined Origins styled combat. Hopefully the story trailer (when there is one) shows what the premise of the characters/threat is about... looks like another Bioware 3rd in the series game is going to be a bit meh.

I see that bioware decided to rip off the combat system of dragon's dogma/dragon's dogma dark arisen . Now I am truly interested in Dragon Age Inquisition ,(good job bioware you got my attention). Now let's just hope that the xbox 360 version of this game is not buggy/glitchy as hell.

Eleuthera:
Was that FemShep at 0:52, or just a character that looked exactly like "my" FemSchep at least.

Actually, I think that was the Seeker lady from DA:2 who was asking about what happened with Hawke. Casandra I think.

Don't know who does her voice though.

Marks of chaos, Inquisitors, a human Imperium with a national religion, treating other races like shit including the self obsessed elves whose arrogance led to their downfall, witch hating Templars, Grey Knights *cough* I mean WARDENS hunting down greater daemons, self same daemons representing sloth, lust, rage and change, and last human mages(Not psykers, its completely different) being treated as both pariahs to be shunned and the last hope for beating back the darkness.

Oh sorry, wrong forum. I came here looking for a new bioware game, but I seem to have stumbled upon a list of things that already exist in Warhammer 40k. My bad.

I'll just load up the right video.....

...OH....

....How awkward....

I hope that the guy at 1:00 is just wearing a really dumb helmet and isn't a new race of lion people. I'd really hate to have to stop playing Dragon Age games.

Jimalcoatl:
I hope that the guy at 1:00 is just wearing a really dumb helmet and isn't a new race of lion people. I'd really hate to have to stop playing Dragon Age games.

it's dragon age
99% sure it's a silly hat

OT: can't wait
even if upon release is not much of a dragon age game, at the very least it seems like a prettied up dragon's dogma and that's still a buy for me

Silentpony:
Marks of chaos, Inquisitors, a human Imperium with a national religion, treating other races like shit including the self obsessed elves whose arrogance led to their downfall, witch hating Templars, Grey Knights *cough* I mean WARDENS hunting down greater daemons, self same daemons representing sloth, lust, rage and change, and last human mages(Not psykers, its completely different) being treated as both pariahs to be shunned and the last hope for beating back the darkness.

Oh sorry, wrong forum. I came here looking for a new bioware game, but I seem to have stumbled upon a list of things that already exist in Warhammer 40k. My bad.

...OH....

....How awkward....

Gray Wardens hunt Darkspawn, not demons. Demons are the domain of the Mages and by extension the Templars and the Chantry which "watches over" the mage order. The Elves are hardly self-obsessed, although obviously disregarding of humans who decided that destroying a civilization is "lolwhynot", and the Chantry's influence is extremely varied from the individual nations (who are not united at all). I think you're drawing a lot of parallels but also adding a lot of, well, bullshit :P

Also, golly jee demons that represent human sins, I wonder where 40k got that from...

Oh right, from every religion known to fucking man.

Not much to see about the gameplay, the combat looks pretty much like that of dragon age 2. I'm curious if they put the tactical overview back.
I wish they would have showed a typical fight against common enemies, I think it's more interesting to see one of those fights considering that they make up a lot more of the game than boss fights. I just hope that they don't artificially prolong those fights by constant spawning of new enemies out of nowhere.

Ferisar:

Silentpony:

...OH....

....How awkward....

Gray Wardens hunt Darkspawn, not demons. Demons are the domain of the Mages and by extension the Templars and the Chantry which "watches over" the mage order. The Elves are hardly self-obsessed, although obviously disregarding of humans who decided that destroying a civilization is "lolwhynot", and the Chantry's influence is extremely varied from the individual nations (who are not united at all). I think you're drawing a lot of parallels but also adding a lot of, well, bullshit :P

Also, golly jee demons that represent human sins, I wonder where 40k got that from...

Oh right, from every religion known to fucking man.

Actually the grey knight wardens hunt Arch Daemons, but I take your meaning. Arch and Greater are merely synonyms, so technically they're not the same word.
And if I recall the elves from DA 1 and DA 2 they were completely self upset, and hated what did they call humans, shems? I would have gone with mon-keigh, but there i go again.

For those of you wondering about the combat, I saw both Sony and MS's E3 presentations and you have the option for either style of combat. You can either play as your character and shift control between party members or pause and go the tactical route setting up the battle in your favor.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here