New Mirror's Edge 2 Details Emerge

New Mirror's Edge 2 Details Emerge

Mirror's Edge 2 is in active development, with conceptual prototype footage shown off.

Read Full Article

Prequel or sequel? Do we know yet?

Glad to hear that they have tweaked the combat. Hated the combat in the first game. I wanted to run and take a guy out and keep moving in the span of two or three seconds, not stand and get in a fist fight for thirty seconds. Breaks the flow of the game.

Sniper Team 4:

Glad to hear that they have tweaked the combat. Hated the combat in the first game. I wanted to run and take a guy out and keep moving in the span of two or three seconds, not stand and get in a fist fight for thirty seconds. Breaks the flow of the game.

Remake/sequel together, if I remember right.

OT: As the one guy in the whole goddamned world who figured out that the combat in the first game was optional, I very much hope it's the same in the new game. That said, that corner-turn using a drainpipe as the fulcrum? Want. Very much want.

lacktheknack:

Sniper Team 4:

how is that even?.....

....why can't they just remake it and be upfront about it?

Vault101:

lacktheknack:

Sniper Team 4:

how is that even?.....

....why can't they just remake it and be upfront about it?

With luck, it's because they're going to expand on the first game's open ending and deliver a satisfying conclusion.

...with luck.

...with luck.

lacktheknack:

With luck, it's because they're going to expand on the first game's open ending and deliver a satisfying conclusion.

...with luck.

...with luck.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHhahahahahahahahaha

ha

ha...

....oh thats adorable....

I get the impression it will try and distance itself from the original...

Vault101:

lacktheknack:

...with luck.

...with luck.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHhahahahahahahahaha

ha

ha...

....oh thats adorable....

I get the impression it will try and distance itself from the original...

Which is sad, because the original was the best thing EA has done in years. At least they're not actively alienating me from the new project thus far, though.

Sniper Team 4:

You want the combat that Mirror's Edge had then. The only way you'd be in a fist fight for thirty seconds is if you messed up. It only took a second or two to disarm an enemy and keep moving. Granted, it did require timing and wasn't the most simplistic of basic actions (otherwise known as single-button take downs.) Sadly, EA will probably listen to the people who want more "I win" buttons.

It's been years since I've played Mirror's Edge, and "Still Alive" still gives me chills every time I hear it.

It even crept up on me when I hear what sounded like a remix of that song at the end of OP's video.

I can't wait. This just may be the game that gets me out of my "Won't buy a current-gen console" stubbornness.

I'm glad to hear that they're planning to expand more on Faith as a character. The story was so secondary in the original that it made the ending really lacklustre for me. Having more background in the world and what the Runners are is exactly what I want to hear. I'm still hoping that it won't ignore or reboot the original sorry though, but rather expand on it.

I love Faith's new design as well.

Voulan:
I'm still hoping that it won't ignore or reboot the original sorry though, but rather expand on it.

I can't find the source, but I'm pretty sure they said this was a reboot.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here