Project Beast is actually Bloodborne, Revealed in Trailer

Project Beast is actually Bloodborne, Revealed in Trailer

Bloodborne is the From Software title you've been waiting for.

Read Full Article

I've been waiting for a new Armored Core game for a while now, this seems to be the only game that From's showing, if it's going to be a full on game that's basically identical to the Souls series then I'll pass and probably pass on From for the foreseeable future, I want games I'd love to play that don't revolve around repetitive actions and next to no plot.

I'm going to try and hope though that they announce another game at some point, I just don't like where they are going at all, it feels like they are ignoring all the other franchises they have just to milk and court the niche audience of the Souls series only and it'd only serve to push me away since that series is nowhere near my cup of tea yet anything else from them isn't getting any love or attention so there's really nothing left for me to enjoy from them if they're not going to work on anything else, I'm not talking of another waiting period of another 5 years, fuck waiting that long...

I need this nao. Like right now.

But also take your time.

So Dark Souls, but with an industrial revolution/steam punk/whatever you call that type of setting? Sounds good to me. I'll keep my eyes open.

So...if the trailer hardly reveals anything about it, how would you know it's the game anyone has been waiting for?

Unless the meaning is that we've all been waiting for a game we know nothing about, which I find doubtful.

Shadow-Phoenix:
...if it's going to be a full on game that's basically identical to the Souls series...

Sniper Team 4:
So Dark Souls, but with an industrial revolution/steam punk/whatever you call that type of setting? Sounds good to me. I'll keep my eyes open.

I dunno about Dark Souls, but I was getting some heavy Darkwatch vibes from this.

OOOO This looks awesome!

PS4 exclusive

Oh... well now I don't care....

Strangely, I'm a tad relieved that it isn't a Souls game. Gonna have to get my hands on this though.

MY BODY IS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEADY!

YES! FROM SOFTWARE! I CAN FEEL THE SOULS OVERTAKING ME! IT IS A GOOD PAIN! AHAHAHAHAHA! YES! YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS~!

SOULS FOR THE SOULS GOD! LET THE UNIVERSE DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN IN IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

I am so excited, words can't even describe it. It's got Gothic horror, one of my favorite genres... mixed with steam punk (ANOTHER favorite genre of mine), mixed with dark/demon's souls mechanics? Oh god, From Software, you rock, man...

There's nothing in the trailer to prove, empirically, that this is a victorian steampunk Souls game with sick, awesomely dark aesthetics.

That said, I still have a massive erection and cannot stop watching that trailer.

I got the PS3 for Demon's Souls, and it appears I'll get the PS4 for this. I neeeeeedssssss it!

Frozengale:
OOOO This looks awesome!

PS4 exclusive

Oh... well now I don't care....

glad i'm not alone there. fucking exclusives, i refuse to buy a console again damnnit! >_>

Shjade:
So...if the trailer hardly reveals anything about it, how would you know it's the game anyone has been waiting for?

Unless the meaning is that we've all been waiting for a game we know nothing about, which I find doubtful.

There was leaked gameplay-looking footage a while back, after which everybody started referring to Project Beast as Beast's Souls, basically.

My only worry is that, with a weapon as designed as that, whether there will be a set protagonist or character creation. I know this team can deliver gameplay, so it's something I'll be keeping my eye on even though I still don't plan on getting a next-gen console any time soon.

Victorian Souls

That's actually pretty awesome...

Sigfodr:
The PS4 exclusive is expected in 2015.

...Oh.

Well, there goes any interest I had in it.

console exclusives are killing the gaming industry.

Due to the exclusivity, I'll be restricted to watching a Let's Play of it, but fuck it, I'm looking forward even to that. haha.

But yeah, exclusives are fucking annoying.

Thank god it's exclusive. We need more of them to drive competition. It's stupid to have game platforms be able to play all of the same games. Multiplatform games are killing the game industry.

Now that I've got that logical response out of the way, I have high hopes for this game. It'll be nice to see something different from Souls for a change.

Too bad this is going to be PS4 exclusive. I skipped Demon's Souls on PS3; I'm going to do the same.

Really bummed out about this news. Oh well, can't have GTA5 PC release and this at the same time. Karma must be balanced somehow.

Looks nice, good to see they've gone a different path on the aesthetic front. I wonder what this game will bring gameplay-wise. I see potential to explore the survival-horror genre.

Oh. Oooh... That is- I just... Whoo-
The leaked stuff has so far been more informative about the game in general, but that trailer is a pretty good tone setter.
Is anyone else getting a little bit of a Demon's Souls vibe from (Software) this?
By that I mean the general atmosphere.

Well just one or two more things and I'm pretty sure about getting a PS4.

Oh so that was that. The post shows I watched were all sayin 'huh... so we didn't see whatever project beast is after all'.

Kyber:
console exclusives are killing the gaming industry.

I'm not going to say you're wrong, but I have trouble accepting that, mainly because console exclusives have been around since the beginning of the console industry and are actually becoming less frequent.

Ok, this one look fun // I'm more of a fan of gothic dark horror than fantasy, so were Dark Souls doesn't appeal to me this does

-M

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here