Grand Theft Auto V Coming to PS4, Xbox One, PC This Fall

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Grand Theft Auto V Coming to PS4, Xbox One, PC This Fall

Grand Theft Auto V players will be able to transfer their progress from PS3 and Xbox 360.

Read Full Article

Woo GTA V on PC!! 2nd Best news from the PS4 event, after Grim Fandango HD (still hoping that turns out to be PC as well)

I think the tagline for PC gamer put it the best:

"It's about time."

About damn time! Seriously, they've jerked us around long enough. Hopefully my PC can take it.

Looking like that I can more than forgive Rockstar for taking their time with the upgraded current gen and PC release, looks loads better than a bit higher res and longer draw distance. With the gameplay already being solid it should be awesome.

where did they say GTA 5 would be on PC?

crazygameguy4ever:
where did they say GTA 5 would be on PC?

Here, in the article at the Rockstar Website and presumably announced at E3 too.

YES! THANK YOU ROCKSTAR!

Looks like I'll have to make a second PC preorder this year...

Finaly!

*feeds his graphics card its greens* hopefully i should be good for when this comes out on PC

rejoice!

i might get this on a sale once it lands on steam because

a) didnt enjoy GTA4 that much

b) i have to trade for the damn thing, take two banned their games from my country

Looks like this can suck it. I can't wait. Just in time too because now I have a working PC again.

Seeing as it's coming to PC, let's hope the game runs smoother, better, finer and fixes some of the crappy bugs and glitches and headaches that console users had to go through.

I called it. I freaking called it. When the thread was out in regards to the "Petition for GTAV to get on PC", I called that the game would take 6 months to a year to come out on the PC. Petition be damned.

ech, everyone knew they are going to anounce that on E3, and everyone also knew its going to be bad because by now noone cares about GTA5 anymore. releasing your game 1 year too late rockstar.

yeah, i may pick it up on same some time, sure, i woud have paid full price for PC version back then. but hey, at least they are releasing at all, since the current abominations i dont count as releases.

It's funny how Rockstar would first release GTA V for PC instead of Red Dead Redemption.

It's amusing and sad at the same time.

Pretty much as I suspected. It's not a surprise, but it's great news regardless.

Yesssss...

Just, guys, please, make the PC version not suck this time okay?

Seems like this would only appeal to the hardcore GTA:O base wanting to hop up to next-gen at this point with most of the hype died down. Possibly a mild amount of PC holdouts who will quickly become jaded by the likely overwhelming amount of hackers once they hit online.

Forgive if I'm dismissive of the singleplayer game, because it wings by quick, and then you just have a triathlon simulator.

AC4, Tomb Raider, GTAV... Man, I am really going to have to get a PS4 once they come out with games I didn't buy, play, and beat six months ago on my. PS3.

What the hell, Sony? PS2 and PS3 managed to come out without repackaging all the previous generation's games.

This was fairly predictable, I reckon. I'd muuuuuch rather hear some Red Dead Redemption news, to be honest. I'd give up some limbs for a new one made with the GTAV engine.

Strazdas:
by now noone cares about GTA5 anymore. releasing your game 1 year too late rockstar.

yeah, i may pick it up on same some time, sure, i woud have paid full price for PC version back then. but hey, at least they are releasing at all, since the current abominations i dont count as releases.

i gotta say, i'm feeling the same way. my hype for the game was synonymous with the the release of it... for consoles. i'm sure it is a fantastic game, but the release it too late for me to care. the excitement has gone, and while i will undoubtedly pick it up at some stage, it will be with a nice discount in a sale, not the full price i totally would have bought it for when it was still new and exciting

It looks fantastic, but I question the point of re-releasing a game that everybody in the known universe has already played.

Kingjackl:
It looks fantastic, but I question the point of re-releasing a game that everybody in the known universe has already played.

Activision has been re-releasing the same game for years now and noone seems to mind that much.

I knew keeping media blackout for GTAV was the right thing to do.

Now all I have to do is wait a couple of months then I can finally play this game on my PC.

Sgt. Sykes:
Yesssss...

Just, guys, please, make the PC version not suck this time okay?

This.

Though I am very pleased by this news. I can finally play GTA V and aim without interference! :D

I'm sad that it took so long for them to make the PC port. I dont have a console but I played GTA V anyway and now I think I might not spend the money for it... pity...

I am very glad that they will keep the movie editor thingy from IV in V for the PC version.

That alone made me waste so much time in that game.

Belaam:
AC4, Tomb Raider, GTAV... Man, I am really going to have to get a PS4 once they come out with games I didn't buy, play, and beat six months ago on my. PS3.

What the hell, Sony? PS2 and PS3 managed to come out without repackaging all the previous generation's games.

I don't know what it is about "next gen" not actually doing anything "next gen". Maybe Sony overestimated the amount of fresh material developers had in store for future releases, or maybe the next gen console was meant to just upgrade the graphics of older games to somewhat keep up with PC.

Either way, I am looking forward to GTA V on PC because I loved GTA IV. I may need to get my GTX 560 to the gym, force it to drink numerous protein shakes a day and generously supply it with lube every time I start up GTA, though :(

My Radeon HD5770 was never the same after GTA IV got hold of it...

I can't wait for the youtube videos around a month after release on how crappy and shitty the PC port is and how it's not living up to hyped expectations, Rockstar will then get the same message once more and delay future games or none at all like Red Dead.

I'm happy at the news but I know some people still hold their grudges along with expecting to tear it a new one and still wonder why R* doesn't give them new stuff.

Shadow-Phoenix:
I can't wait for the youtube videos around a month after release on how crappy and shitty the PC port is and how it's not living up to hyped expectations, Rockstar will then get the same message once more and delay future games or none at all like Red Dead.

I'm happy at the news but I know some people still hold their grudges along with expecting to tear it a new one and still wonder why R* doesn't give them new stuff.

Well excuse us for having expectations of a good port after almost a year delay. Not only we get treated as second class citizens, because "Oh no..the pirates guys!" then they don't even bother to make a proper port...GTAIV was one of the worst ports in history.

To add insult to injury..their legacy started on PC and now they barely give any fucks to the PC platform anymore, makes me feel rather betrayed.

Transfer my progress from my 360 game to my PC?

No thanks. My experience with GTAV on the 360 was not exceptional enough to justify purchasing the same game on two platforms.

So far, only Skyrim has that distinction. Mostly because Bethesda is very supportive of their modding community.

DarkhoIlow:

Shadow-Phoenix:

Well excuse us for having expectations of a good port after almost a year delay. Not only we get treated as second class citizens, because "Oh no..the pirates guys!" then they don't even bother to make a proper port...GTAIV was one of the worst ports in history.

To add insult to injury..their legacy started on PC and now they barely give any fucks to the PC platform anymore, makes me feel rather betrayed.

Are you implying consoles have never ever felt this before?, I could swear that you are though, especially given you have SC a game that's never coming to consoles and that side is already reveling in that fact, that's a lot of people doing that if anything.

No people can have expectations, you forgot the part where I said "hyped expectations", because some people think and believe it's legitimately fair to have expectations the universe over and then blow it up in everyones faces when it doesn't and they would have known it wouldn't but did it for the sake anyway, I've seen people do that before and it's bloody stupid if you ask me.

Console gamers have expectations but some PC gamers put theirs beyond anything of the normal realm on purpose in order to spite the creators and others like console owners.

I'm very much sure you won't be the last to tell me the same thing. I'm going to stand by my point above, it doesn't matter how many a time some PC only user on here thinks quoting me with the same "well excuse me princess" is going to get me to suddenly sympathise with them, how can I when they haven't with anything else not of their platform?, it's like asking someone to care for them when they don't give a the time for anyone else but they'll bitch about it anyway.

Predictable, really. I wasn't overwhelmed by it, but my friend is really happy to now have it on both his Xbox One and PC (or will, rather) so... yay!

Once again I'm reminded how much I really want a San Ferrio and/or Las Venturas expansion for the game. Alas, while the new current-gen consoles should be able to pull such a thing off, I also know that its probably too much to hope for.

So bets are now open to see how many layers of drm the pc version will have mangled into it. I suppose there will be at least two with Steam and their Rockstar club thing (if it still exists), but I think they will find a way to throw some more in there.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here