Titanfall, Battlefield 4, 50% Off in Origin's E3 Celebration Sale

Titanfall, Battlefield 4, 50% Off in Origin's E3 Celebration Sale

Titanfall New

You can score up to 70% off select Origin titles as part of EA's E3 celebration sale.

E3 is a time of great celebration for members of the gaming community everywhere with lots of exciting announcements being dropped by pretty much all the major publishers and developers. EA is riding on that high with its E3 celebration sale - where you can snag new releases such as Titanfall and bestsellers like Battlefield 4 for 50% off. The sale runs from now until June 16.

Here's a list of some of the most recently released games that are on sale and their respective discounts:

• Battlefield 4 + Premium - $72.98 (normally $100)
  • Titanfall Digital Deluxe Edition (Includes the Titanfall season pass) - $49.59 (normally $80)
  • Titanfall - $29.99 (normally $60)
  • Battlefield 4 The Ultimate Shortcut Bundle - $27.99 (normally $40)
  • Battlefield 4 - $24.99 (normally $50)
  • SimCity Plus Edition - $19.99 (normally $40)
  • SimCity Digital Deluxe Edition - $19.99 (normally $40)
  • Battlefield 4: China Rising- $10.49 (normally $15)

Other deals include up to 70% off older titles, such as the Mass Effect and Dead Space (including DLC) trilogies.

It's pretty impressive to see EA discount Titanfall so heavily considering that the game only launched three months ago in March. I wonder if it is doing okay?

Source: Origin

Way to cheapen the IP EA!

Now Titanfall might be in my price range.... if it weren't for my personal "It's sold by EA" Markup.
Which puts it waaay out my price tolerance.

That's a pretty big discount.

Still not enough to convince me to install Origin though.

What would Steam think? She already tore me a new one over that whole Uplay incident.

My first though was "4,50% discount? What kind of random ass number is that?" then I read better and still didn't care enough, still Origin, not buying.

Really clever marketing at the Origin camp. Give away games for free so people install Origin, then offer new titles at a massive discount for a short period. Well played, but it won't fool this shameful soul.

Not bad. Now I am tempted to purchase both Titanfall and Battlefield 4. Plan on getting the Mass Effect trilogy for a friend.

Given the big discount involves Titanfall, it makes me wonder if the game sold rather poorly.

Twenty to fifty percent discount, what a deal! Now they're only double the price everywhere else is selling BF4 and Titanfall keys for instead of quadruple!

Seriously, even with this sale BF4 is still £29.99 on Origin, whilst elsewhere it can be bought for 17 Euros, which is less than half.

Genius!

Origion is a little desperates. I'd pay attention to these sales more if they actually sold games I wanted to buy. This is why Steam Gog and Humble Bundle tend to get my cash... see.. they have games I like. I mean with the exception of Mass Effect 3... there's not really a game on Origin that I a) Want and B) Can't get on steam.

This is what happens when you do a 'My own clubhouse' angle on digital distribution. Granted even if you have a large library everyone knows that EA.. well is big on franchises which is a nice way of saying. They make the same bloody games with very little variety.

Plus these discounts and freebies are little more than give aways on DLC Portals. :p

I am honestly surprised to see Titanfall though... usually not the best sign when they start selling a game like that so heavily discounted..

"Oooh BF4 25 dollars"
Goes on Origin
Fuck Australia tax adds $15
Everytime...
I was on the edge of my seat for that Titanfall discount too.

While I'm here, anyone know of a good online store? (besides kinguin (and steam))
I'd like to find some new ways to bypass the Fuck Australia tax if possible.

Edit: Also find it interesting that premium has gone on sale AFTER the individual packs were.

Maybe I should get Titan fall. Oh still not available in South Africa

TheSYLOH:
Way to cheapen the IP EA!

Now Titanfall might be in my price range.... if it weren't for my personal "It's sold by EA" Markup.
Which puts it waaay out my price tolerance.

To be fair, even the "Given away free by EA" is a markup that puts games out of many people's reach.

well, i again took advantage of it and got my self syndicate for only 48 HKD. so i would say thats alright. but yes, the game is meh. good thing i didnt waste it on paying full price.

Sorry EA. I'm still playing Sniper Elite v2 that I got for free last week. And I just picked up Galactic Civilizations 2 Complete for $5. Also, Spintires is out this week, and it retails for less than your "sale" price for Titanfall.

Oh, and I don't have to deal with Origin. I had to uninstall that shit from a housemate's laptop this past weekend. When Steam is uninstalled, it automatically takes all the associated games with it. Nice and neat.

But not Origin. Oh no. With Origin, you then have to go and uninstall every, single, god-damn title individually. And every Sim 3 expansion counts as a separate title. Took me a fucking HOUR to get rid of it all. And who knows what remnants it left behind.

Edit: different words

MinionJoe:
And I just picked up Galactic Empires 2 Complete for $5.

Galactic Civilizations 2, is maybe what you're talking about? Can't find anything on such a game, and I know Stardock had a sale.

If you did mean Galactic Empires 2, wouldn't mind a link, can't find anything on it.

Jadak:

Galactic Civilizations 2, is maybe what you're talking about?

Yes, sorry, you are absolutely correct.

I never could get the hang of Monday mornings... ;P

Steven Bogos:
It's pretty impressive to see EA discount Titanfall so heavily considering that the game only launched three months ago in March. I wonder if it is doing okay?

It is certainly impressive, but I don't think it has anything to do with the game not selling well. People rarely, if ever, ask if games on a Steam Sale are only on sale because they must suck. I think you're just shocked that Origin is actually capable of doing things that are good for consumers ^.^

They added an option to make Origin close when a Origin game closes. That alone made me respect them a bit more. Now launching the games through Steam is much less of a hassle.

Grabehn:
My first though was "4,50% discount? What kind of random ass number is that?" then I read better and still didn't care enough, still Origin, not buying.

GOOD CALL!

I was dumb enough to be lured back when they gave away BF3. I saw Dead Space 3 on offer, and decided to buy it to play it coop with my bud (who also bought it). My bud was silly enough to buy the DLC first (which I really dont understand why should be possible) so he got both that and the game.

We cannot get DS3 Coop to work and we cannot get BF3 coop to work. We're pretty PC savvy peeps, and I'm pretty sure its about a crapload of ports that need to be open and whatnot. But seriously. Why the flying fuck is this a problem in our day and age? Arent there "standard" gaming ports? How come SO many games work SO well, with NO config...and some games are just an eternal problem-child? And why in the hell havent it been fixed? YET? Its not like either of them are fresh games? USELESS EA!

Stay away. Stay. Away.

Battlefield 4 sale.
Battlefield 4 + premium sale.
Battlefield 4 premium still overpriced garbage. EA, suck a fat one!

Is there any reason other than piss costumers off?

Alcamonic:
Battlefield 4 sale.

Premium/Collectors Editions are pretty much designed for fanboys who have money to burn. You aren't going to piss those people off by making it grossly overpriced...if anything they'll just think of it as "exclusive". If you think $72.98 for a still-broken game is excessive, clearly you aren't part of their target market for that package (or in other words, you haven't suffered severe brain damage lately).

Be nice if they also lowered the price of the Titanfall DLC too. Otherwise not interested in any of the other stuff.

I'd feel a little burned about buying Titanfall new when i could have waited to get it half off...but then I turn and look at the two foot tall, light up titan statue on my shelf and it was all worth it. Seriously that thing looks amazing ^w^

The only thing I'm interested in are the DLCs for Mass effect 3 and by the looks of it those aren't on sale at all.

Avaholic03:

Alcamonic:
Battlefield 4 sale.

Premium/Collectors Editions are pretty much designed for fanboys who have money to burn. You aren't going to piss those people off by making it grossly overpriced...if anything they'll just think of it as "exclusive". If you think $72.98 for a still-broken game is excessive, clearly you aren't part of their target market for that package (or in other words, you haven't suffered severe brain damage lately).

Premium != Collector's, it's basically a Season Pass that gets you a discount if you're planning to get all the DLC. Which would be fine, if the game itself actually worked.

Vrach:

Avaholic03:

Alcamonic:
Battlefield 4 sale.

Premium != Collector's, it's basically a Season Pass that gets you a discount if you're planning to get all the DLC. Which would be fine, if the game itself actually worked.

I understand the difference. My point is that both of them are for people who are already fans of the franchise and willing to spend that extra money on it (or perhaps just people who consider $100 to be an insignificant amount of money). People who are willing to commit that much to a game aren't likely to be as pissed off by things that others perceive as "overpriced".

Avaholic03:
I understand the difference. My point is that both of them are for people who are already fans of the franchise and willing to spend that extra money on it (or perhaps just people who consider $100 to be an insignificant amount of money). People who are willing to commit that much to a game aren't likely to be as pissed off by things that others perceive as "overpriced".

Well, not really... I'm a huge fan of the franchise. Battlefield was one of the games I grew up with, we used to play everything from BF1942 to BF:Vietnam in internet cafes all the time. To be frank actually, it was my favourite game, back then, Counter Strike was all the rage, but I still loved whenever I could persuade some mates into playing BF for a change.

I've bought the Premium for BF4, sadly, because I was sure I'd love the game. I knew it was basically more of BF3, but I liked some of the additions, and really, Battlefield is one of the rare multiplayer games I play online. I still don't care for its price tag at all and was very pissed off to see it cost 110 euros at launch (hurray for living in Europe, especially in a developing country! >.>). I've managed to get a game key from elsewhere for some 70 euros and it was still a huge hit to my wallet, but I figured I had nothing to play at that time and Battlefield is always fun for me to play from time to time anyway, especially during gaming droughts.

Sadly, on top of that ridiculous price tag, the game just doesn't work. The lag is unbearable and makes the game unplayable most of the time. There are more CTDs than I can shake a stick at and I say that after thoroughly enjoying Bethesda's TES and Fallout games and stuff like Alpha Protocol, games notorious as being buggy as hell. And this is not an issue with my PC (although I'm upgrading soon, so I'll see if it gets any better), my connection or anything similar. They've patched the game up during that whole "we stopped the DLC production" thing and it worked fine, I had a lot of fun with it. Unfortunately, as soon as the next patch hit, not only did it bring back all the problems that that whole PR stunt fixed, it brought back more.

Of course SimCity goes on sale AFTER my girlfriend convinces me to buy it. Sigh.

At any rate, shame the season pass for Titanfall isn't on sale individually. Unless it is.

For all the flak Origin has gotten, it's proven to be surprisingly functional to me.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here