Xenoblade Chronicles X Story Trailer, Gameplay Unveiled - Update

So X is... Xenoblade Chronicles? I'm confused, because if that's the name of the game then does that render all my Reyn Time useless? I is confused.

Edit: Okay, I didn't see the X in the title. Any release date yet? (Direct cut off for me. T^T)

Um... I think you forgot to include something in this news article with "trailer" in its title.

Edit: And there it is. Definitely looks awesome. As if I didn't want a Wii U enough already.

I distinctly remember this having a 2014 release date...

Well, guess that means I'll have to wait yet another year before I even consider buying a Wii U.
Sorry Nintendo, looks like you won't be getting my money any time soon.

WhiteTigerShiro:
Um... I think you forgot to include something in this news article with "trailer" in its title.

Edit: And there it is. Definitely looks awesome. As if I didn't want a Wii U enough already.

Sorry dude! Wasn't available between announce and end of press conference. Got it up ASAP.

I don't know if anyone else here is an anime fan, but to me the voice of Elma sounds like that of Houko Kuwashima. I wonder if I can confirm it anywhere.

Eyup, thank for reminding me that this game and Bayonetta 2 are the sole reasons for me to get an Wii U (and aswell Wonderful 101)!
Mmm the story sound different from the first game but I do wonder-

Looking good so far; it was pretty much a cinematic trailer, but it gives us some glimpses into the story. Also, I couldn't help but notice that Elma looks like a genderswapped version of chaos from Xenosaga

I'm excited and confused. I can't process what i've seen just yet.

Keep the option in to change from subs to dubs and you'll have my money, kind sirs. The English voicing on the wii version was cringeworthy at best.

Screw you Nintendo forcing me to buy a wii U!!!

Just kidding, though it's funny there's always like 3 games I buy their non-mobile systems for.

Nothing in that trailer even reminded me of the first Xenoblade Chronicles, aside from that Nopon at the very end. Does anyone know if they have anything else in common? So far it seems that they could've just made this its own IP but tagged the name "Xenoblade Chronicles" onto it for revenue sake.

Xenoblade Chronicles X Story Trailer, Gameplay Unveiled - Update

Giant robots and alien planets? Count me in for a 2015 release.

Read Full Article

Auron225:
Nothing in that trailer even reminded me of the first Xenoblade Chronicles, aside from that Nopon at the very end. Does anyone know if they have anything else in common? So far it seems that they could've just made this its own IP but tagged the name "Xenoblade Chronicles" onto it for revenue sake.

I think it's more to emphasize the connection to the rest of the Xeno franchise, which has more mechs and sci-fi elements. If they've learned from Xenoblade though, it will be just as fun and exploration heavy.

Guys.
Giant robots.
GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS
NOT THE LAME ASS ONES FROM TITANFALL
THEY'RE FUCKING GUNDAMS
I WANT THIS NOW
I WANT TO JIZZ ON THIS GAME
NOW

Yo! Big update on this one. They're streaming the game live right now too.

Auron225:

From what they said in the Treehouse Live presentation, it's more of a spiritual successor than a direct sequel.

Neat, I pumped about 130 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles, which is way more than I usually spend on jrpgs before getting bored with them and about as much as every other console jrpg I played from its generation combined.

Suffice to say, I'm looking forward to this and I'll pick up a copy even if I don't actually have a WiiU by then.

God. Damnit. Nintento. You have no idea how much it hurts me to actual want a WiiU after trashing it since launch. Well I guess I'm just gonna have to choke on my own words and buy a WiiU come 2015.

I'm interested, though not a lot of that actually looked much like Xenoblade Chronicles. The mech suits fit the aesthetic, but they could also belong to a lot of things. Xenosaga comes to mind. Wonder if it will have that same kind of beautiful natural/mechanical divide where both are incredibly and lovingly detailed, and both feel organic even though only one of them is.

Auron225:

I think it's more of a spiritual sequel, but shares a lot of the same elements.

It's like how most of the Shin Megami Tensei games aren't linked. Fire Emblem games also all share the same IP despite all mostly taking part in different universes.

Xsjadoblayde:
Keep the option in to change from subs to dubs and you'll have my money, kind sirs. The English voicing on the wii version was cringeworthy at best.

Chimpzy:
Neat, I pumped about 130 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles, which is way more than I usually spend on jrpgs before getting bored with them and about as much as every other console jrpg I played from its generation combined.

Suffice to say, I'm looking forward to this and I'll pick up a copy even if I don't actually have a WiiU by then.

Wait, your gonna buy the game without a wii u?

Im usually not one to question other peoples buying habits but you should rethink that.

DaViller:

Im usually not one to question other peoples buying habits but you should rethink that.

I was just exaggerating. I don't buy games for systems I don't own. I'll get around to the WiiU when I get around to it and buying this game will have to wait till then.

Ok, to be honest, this one time, when the PS3 was first released, I picked up some PS2 games on the cheap to play on the PS3 I intended to buy later during that same week. I didn't own a PS2 so I missed out on that era and wanted to use this opportunity to catch up some. Then, unexpected circumstances forced me to postpone my PS3 purchase by several months, leaving me with some games I couldn't actually play yet. It annoyed me, but I had other things to worry about at the time.

DaViller:

I buy games for consoles i don't own all the time. It is an addiction, i gain no joy from this.

Xsjadoblayde:

DaViller:

I buy games for consoles i don't own all the time. It is an addiction, i gain no joy from this.

Sry there I accidently quoted you, was talking to the other guy.

DaViller:

Xsjadoblayde:

DaViller:

Sry there I accidently quoted you, was talking to the other guy.

*sad face n sniffles*

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here