Kid Icarus' Palutena Joins Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS - Update

Iīm getting so hype for smash itīs unreal. Sadly ill be skipping on the 3ds version since it comes out at the same time as bayonetta.

*goes into fetal position*
Falcon, oh Captain Falcon. Where for art thou my Captain Falcon.
Don't get me wrong, I love Palutena, but the more and more I see Nintendo neglect the Falcon, the more I'm convinced they want to kill the franchise. T~T

The dual looked AWESOME! Nintendo should try expanding on those anime shorts.

Neronium:
Don't get me wrong, I love Palutena, but the more and more I see Nintendo neglect the Falcon, the more I'm convinced they want to kill the franchise. T~T

Seeing as they're introducing 2 characters from each series, would Falcon and Goro be too much to ask? If anything it;s cheap advertising for the F Zero game they NEED TO MAKE NOW GODDAMMIT NINTENDO.

A great new character to the series! Much better than... Miis... *sigh*, but the reveal for Palutena was absolutely amazing.

Smash Bros has gotten me super excited. The implementation of the toys actually looks good too, which is incredibly surprising. As much flak Nintendo have gotten for the NFC toys, I think I'll actually enjoy having a personal AI character to build up.

Holy shit I just realized I want something badly.
I want a SSB anime with great animation. I want it now, I want it badly. SAKURAI MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

This almost seems out of nowhere. Has Palutena ever been playable before, like, outside of SSB? Still makes me glad to see new characters on the roster, though!

I'm just waiting for the chance to wreck face with Jiggles.

I was hoping for Medusa to be playable, but was well prepared for Palutena to get in over here. Palutena had effectively become the most likely newcomer to be added before this reveal so I'm not surprised to see her instead. She's a worthy addition, and looks to be fun one, so I'm still happy with (though of course, would have been more happy provided it was Medusa who was playable instead).

with that bit at the end, makes me wonder if Dark Pit will be playable, though it's possible he could be a palette swap. The Miis look great and the ability to customize them sounds like fun.

Wow, I am surprised they went for her of all characters.

That's not on a bad thing, she's been on my list since SSBB but still it is a little odd to see a character like her here.

Im usually not one to scream "OP NERF NERF AAARRRRGH" on a character reveal, but man palutena has an arsenal that makes samus and mega man look like poor hobos. Realy seems like she has an answer to every situation.

I canīt wait to test her divine arsenal against my intricate strategy:
Step 1 pick ike
Step 2 side smash
Step 3 smile

Lets see palutena answer that.

That's almost everyone I was hoping for.

*crosses fingers for Isaac and Krystal*

Malbourne:
This almost seems out of nowhere. Has Palutena ever been playable before, like, outside of SSB? Still makes me glad to see new characters on the roster, though!

I'm just waiting for the chance to wreck face with Jiggles.

That incarnation of Palutena only started existing with the 3DS game, so this is as fresh as it gets after Pit got his big reboot design in Brawl

Aiddon:
with that bit at the end, makes me wonder if Dark Pit will be playable, though it's possible he could be a palette swap. The Miis look great and the ability to customize them sounds like fun.

pretty likely to be a palette swap, although if it's not too much to ask, I'd also like for them to put his own lines in because his snark is the best

Hades:
The dual looked AWESOME! Nintendo should try expanding on those anime shorts.

BiH-Kira:
Holy shit I just realized I want something badly.
I want a SSB anime with great animation. I want it now, I want it badly. SAKURAI MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Me too. I would totally watch those over and over. If the video game thing doesn't work out, Nintendo, you apparently have a very good chance at being a big-name anime maker. Get on it!

I am fanboy squealing SO HARD O.o Kid Icarus Uprising is my fave game on my 3DS right now, and I am super excited to use Palutena! She looks like she's gonna wreck so much shit! October can't come soon enough!!

Sniper Team 4:
If the video game thing doesn't work out, Nintendo, you apparently have a very good chance at being a big-name anime maker. Get on it!

Well story wise at least. That anime trailer wasn't animated by Nintendo, it was animated by the same people who did Palutena's Revolting Dinner, which was animated by Shaft (terrible company name XP). They are best known for doing the animations for the Puella Magi Madoka Magica series, and every one of the Monogatari series (Bakemono, Nisemono, Nekomono, Kuzumono, and Hanamono).

Well, given the leaked images, this was no surprise but still awesome. I'm curious as to what Dark Imp's role will be? Is he a skin alt for Imp, an assist trophy like Dark Samus, or a new playable character?

Also, I hope to God we get more character reveals this week. It feels rather bare bones to only have two character reveals for E3. I'd like to see some returning favorites mentioned and/or other newcomers.

McMarbles:

*crosses fingers for Isaac and Krystal*

If Isaac had been revealed today I would've been ecstatic. I still have some hope he will make it in to Smash.

Neronium:

He'll be there don't worry, I don't think they would get rid of one of the original 12 fighters. Maybe Jigglyuff(well at least that is my wish anyway.) No offense to Jigglypuff, but there are so many cooler/more relevant Pokemon that deserve some spotlight.

OT: Glad to see her make it in too. I kinda hope they stop announcing characters soon, I want some surprises come October!

Hero of Lime:

He'll be there don't worry, I don't think they would get rid of one of the original 12 fighters. Maybe Jigglyuff(well at least that is my wish anyway.) No offense to Jigglypuff, but there are so many cooler/more relevant Pokemon that deserve some spotlight.

But...but the Falcon should have been announced with the others originally seeing as there obviously isn't another F-Zero game coming. T^T
I just want my Falcon along with my new F-Zero, but it just feels like Nintendo wants the Falcon to die. *hugs copies of F-Zero GX, GP Legend, Climax (yes I imported it), X, and Maximum Velocity*
If anything let Sumo make the game then, or SEGA, or both seeing as both those companies are strangely really good at making racing games when Sonic isn't the only franchise present.

Neronium:

Hero of Lime:

But...but the Falcon should have been announced with the others originally seeing as there obviously isn't another F-Zero game coming. T^T
I just want my Falcon along with my new F-Zero, but it just feels like Nintendo wants the Falcon to die. *hugs copies of F-Zero GX, GP Legend, Climax (yes I imported it), X, and Maximum Velocity*
If anything let Sumo make the game then, or SEGA, or both seeing as both those companies are strangely really good at making racing games when Sonic isn't the only franchise present.

Well I hope he makes it in for your sake then. Again, I am 95% sure he will return. Nintendo may not have much more interest in F-Zero, but I'm sure if Sakurai wants Captain Falcon in the game, he will be there! >:D

Hero of Lime:

Well I hope he makes it in for your sake then. Again, I am 95% sure he will return. Nintendo may not have much more interest in F-Zero, but I'm sure if Sakurai wants Captain Falcon in the game, he will be there! >:D

Well Pacman and Game and Watch is confirmed for the game as well. Sakurai used Pacman during the event. So that's two more characters, but still no Falcon for me. T^T

Neronium:

Hero of Lime:

Well Pacman and Game and Watch is confirmed for the game as well. Sakurai used Pacman during the event. So that's two more characters, but still no Falcon for me. T^T

That's right, kinda wish Pacman had a trailer, maybe he will get one tomorrow. Anyway, lots of characters still have not been announced to return, plus Captain Falcon has always been a secret character.

Edit: Actually, here it is! XD

Neronium:

Hero of Lime:

Samurai Goroh is an Assist Trophy. I'm fairly confident that they wouldn't do that if Falcon wasn't coming back. He was unlockable in both N64 and Brawl, so they probably aren't going to reveal him prior to release and leave him as a secret character for players to unlock. That's exactly what they did for Brawl. Don't worry so much! He'll be there.

Kid Icarus' Palutena Joins Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS - Update

Pit's angelic guardian Palutena is proving that she can hold her own in the Super Smash Bros. arena.

Read Full Article

Man she look quite OP. So wait, Dark Pit will be another character? He better have a different moveset to Pit so he's just not a clone. Also Nintendo should really invest in a SSBB anime!

Just make a Smash Bro anime already... lol, That was awesome.

LADY PALUTENA! LADY PALUTENA! LADY PALUTENA!

They really can't do too much more to sell me on this game.

As for those hoping to see Captain Falcon and Samurai Goroh, the later was seen in the tournament as an assist trophy, as was Shadow the Hedgehog. So while that somewhat solidifies them not being playable characters, Captain Falcon has yet to be confirmed or denied yet (same for, say, Tails).

Until October, no one knows. Even Bayonetta of all people could be confirmed for all we know.

Before you say it doesn't happen:
-What about Snake?
-What about Sonic? Twice?
-What about flipping Megaman?
-What about freaking Pac-Man?

It ain't over 'till it's over!

I truly hope that little anime short is a part of something bigger!

Ooh, SSB anime-style? Looks pretty coo- WAIT IT'S DUBBED NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So... a mixture of Peach and Zelda?

Japan is Fast. Just announced yesterday and the image boards are already flooded with Palutena artwork. Yes, including Rule 34.

oldtaku:
Japan is Fast. Just announced yesterday and the image boards are already flooded with Palutena artwork. Yes, including Rule 34.

Pfft, took them that long. When Zero Suit Samus was first announced for Brawl the fan art, including the rule 34, was up only in a matter of hours. XD

Scarim Coral:
Man she look quite OP. So wait, Dark Pit will be another character? He better have a different moveset to Pit so he's just not a clone. Also Nintendo should really invest in a SSBB anime!

I doubt Dark Pitt would be his own character. As a palette swap for Pitt, that's a lot more likely. Also, the anime needs to be animated by Shaft then since they are the ones who did the animation for Palutena's trailer, and Palutena's Revolting Dinner. :P

I have reservations about this, mainly because it just feels a bit iffy to be playing god. (hurr hurr) Her canon power level just doesn't scale well with the smash bros universe. Feels like a downgreade, even if she is still a very well designed character (and brings up the number of female brawlers, even if two of them are the same person)

Oh, and still waiting on Captain Falcon, the most memetic of fighters. Can't believe I'm still this exited even though I don't have a WiiU, and I'm probably not going to get one after what the Wii did to me.

Relevant.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here