Code Name: STEAM is Nintendo's New TRPG From The Fire Emblem Team

Code Name: STEAM is Nintendo's New TRPG From The Fire Emblem Team

Nintendo announced Code Name: STEAM as an entirely new IP for its secret 3DS title.

Read Full Article

Looks bizarre and fun. I can get behind that. Especially since Conduit 2 left my Abraham Lincoln fighting alien dreams in the dust long ago.

I'm not a fan of the character designs but seeing as it's Intelligent Systems I'd say there's a good chance that it'll play well.

HA, this looks pretty damn interesting, keeping an eye on it.

Codename STEAM you say? More hats for TF2 confirmed!

Does anyone see a little bit of X-Com in those screen shots?

a special force of heroes put together by president Abraham Lincoln to defend the world from alien invaders

Ok, where do I start shoving twenties in order to make this come out? And developed by the same people who made Super Metroid, Paper Mario and Fire Emblem? Yup, keeping an eye on this one.

and people say Nintendo can't make new IPs. The battle system makes me think of Valkyria Chronicles and more steampunk is always welcome in my book. It's an aesthetic I wish more game would do.

Ken_J:
Does anyone see a little bit of X-Com in those screen shots?

Who'd have thunk that a TBS about fighting aliens might resemble X-Com? =P

This game looks cool, I love turn based strategy, so count me in!

Aiddon:
and people say Nintendo can't make new IPs. The battle system makes me think of Valkyria Chronicles and more steampunk is always welcome in my book. It's an aesthetic I wish more game would do.

People will continue to say it no matter how many new ones they make, which is annoying.

chozo_hybrid:
This game looks cool, I love turn based strategy, so count me in!

Aiddon:

People will continue to say it no matter how many new ones they make, which is annoying.

Because their tired, stale remakes will always outnumber any tiny amount of new IPs by thousands to one. And their new IPs tend to be shit. Then again, a lot of their old titles have become more and more shit as time goes on, so woo for the nintendo shitfestival.

Uriel_Hayabusa:
I'm not a fan of the character designs but seeing as it's Intelligent Systems I'd say there's a good chance that it'll play well.

Yeah, I seem to be seeing that sentiment a lot with this game. Personally, I really like the artstyle.

AuronFtw:
Because their tired, stale remakes will always outnumber any tiny amount of new IPs by thousands to one. And their new IPs tend to be shit. Then again, a lot of their old titles have become more and more shit as time goes on, so woo for the [snipped] shitfestival.

Notice how by snipping the only context-providing part of your post, it could now be describing just about any developer on the market today. Opinions sure are great, aren't they?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here