Cruise The Wasteland In Style

Cruise The Wasteland In Style

That long trek to Canterbury Commons getting you down? Why not take the sting out of it (and avoid Deathclaws) in your own dirigible?

Sadly, the Aeolus Airship isn't available in Fallout 3 just yet, so you'll just have to make do with boring old real life.

The airship was designed by Christopher Ottersbach, a student at the Braunschweig University of Art in Germany. It can stay aloft for up to two weeks on a supply of helium and is steered by way of pedal-powered air screws, allowing its crew of up to four people to quietly glide through the skies without leaving a trace.

The concept craft is designed to be more aerodynamic than conventional airship designs and its svelte shape and fold out prop allows it to touch down in places without airports, like say, the Capital Wasteland.

Source: Treehugger via Gizmodo

that looks so cool!!!

What does this have to do with Fallout 3?

Indigo_Dingo:

Cruising the desert in that picture. Desert = wasteland. that will be in the game within three weeks.

I want an airship!

A steam punk-style airship, you say? You now have my attention. I really want one of these if only to put a couple of my more smug friends in their place.

Me: "So, what are you driving these days?"
Friend: "A Mercedes Convertible my father bought for me after graduation. What about you?"
Me: *points upward*
Friend: "Holy hell, where the crap did that thing come from?!"
Me: "I believe I 'win'. I'll be taking you car's hood ornament as a trophy now..."

I want one.

I want three.

I wish I had one of those. That would be so awesome to drive.

Lateral stability in cross winds, you fail at it.

Airship are not designed like that for a very good reason. It does look cool though.

oh yes, I would be pimpin' that like a MF.
Blue flames, uh....spinning...rims? somewhere, i'd find a way.....

Screw driving, this thing I want :D

Holy hell, I could swoop down on my enemies like a DirigibleNinja...

Man, I hope these things become commercially available soon.... Preferably before my birthday...

Indigo_Dingo:

Honestly? Not a great deal, but it's a good hook to show off a cool airship.

nilcypher:

Indigo_Dingo:

Any excuse to show off an airship, eh?

Though in true Fallout Style it should be made of rusted metal and have a radio, mini fridge and machinegun built in. Still, it's really cool. *laughs at regular cars* I'm, up here bitches!!!...I get road rage :S

It can stay aloft for up to two weeks on a supply of helium and is steered by way of pedal-powered air screws

Air screws? Do they mean "propellers"?

meatloaf231:
I want one.

I want three.

I want an armada.

Looking at that picture gets the FFXI Airship theme stuck in my head.

Indigo_Dingo:

nilcypher:

Indigo_Dingo:

Any excuse to show off an airship, eh?

What can I say? I'm shameless.

Aw, screw you man! You had me hoping for vehicles in Fallout 3 ;_;

Still cool though, nice find.

I never thought I'd be able to say "misleading thread title" to a mod, but I guess that day has come.

This thread's title was grossly misleading. You should be put on probation, mister!

Awesome, a real airship. Definitely a misleading thread title! LOL.

That would be sweet to have!robably not in a city though, but I would drive this thing and it would be great excercise.

meatloaf231:
I want one.

I want three.

This.

That is awesome. It looks unreal...
But it IS real...
But it looks...
my head hurts...and I STILL want one.

I'll order one

I wonder how many more months before one of these slips onto eBay....

I wouldn't mind one in the style of the Galactica.

Vanguard1219:
A steam punk-style airship, you say? You now have my attention. I really want one of these if only to put a couple of my more smug friends in their place.

Me: "So, what are you driving these days?"
Friend: "A Mercedes Convertible my father bought for me after graduation. What about you?"
Me: *points upward*
Friend: "Holy hell, where the crap did that thing come from?!"
Me: "I believe I 'win'. I'll be taking you car's hood ornament as a trophy now..."

You could have a cheaper alternative, given $17,000 (yes, I know - hardly cheap at all, but less expensive than an airship).

http://www.vortechonline.com/g1/

I think this would still classify as a "win".

Cool. Now all I need is some whacky sidekicks and some made-up legend about some buried temples and a curse of [insert random diety here] and I'll have myself a grade A adventure movie. Who's in?

It reminds me a bit of the IFS Zephyr for some reason.

In any case, I want one as many as possible now.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here