Here's Our First Look at the "LexCorp" Building in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Here's Our First Look at the "LexCorp" Building in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

LexCorp Comic

Check out Lex Luthor's "LexCorp" building and his logo in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

It's no secret by now that Jesse Eisenberg (The Social Network) will play the entrepreneur/villain in Zack Snyder's upcoming mega-film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. While details have come out that claims Snyder's Luthor will be "street tough" and be a self-made billionaire, nothing official has been revealed so far. However, even if that's the case, we now have our first look at Luthor's "LexCorp" building that will be used in the movie. Courtesy of The Mars Dust Network, the image shows a sprawling campus decked in white with a big "X" emblazoned atop the building's facade. It might just be me, but the X eerily looks like Google's same logo for its Nexus devices. The shoot itself is happening in Pontiac, Detroit, with one source saying " the security on set is the tightest and most impressive even the most seasoned professionals on the job have seen in their entire career."

In other Batman news, not only is Warner Bros. said to be already considering a Ben Affleck Batman flick for a 2019 release window, but even Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe has come out publicly and said that he wants to play the Dark Knight's sidekick, Robin, and that he'd be "perfect" for the role. Also, if you haven't seen it already, make sure to check out our first look at Ben Affleck as Batman and the Batmobile.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is set for release on May 16, 2016, and will allegedly kick of DC's upcoming comic book movie assault to combat Marvel's hugely successful movies. So, what do you think of the LexCorp building so far? A shade too small perhaps given Luthor's vast wealth? Let's hope Warner pulls this off so we can have finally have a proper Justice League movie soon.

Source: The Mars Dust Network via Ain't It Cool

In fairness, Google is more cartoonishly evil than Lex Luthor.

It appears bland, sterile and lacking in excitement. Just like my interest in this new fresh new exciting line of DC action movies.

I'm really not expecting anything good from this series.

It just looks like a normal, small ish tech company. It's not big or imposing, it's the kind of building you look at and wonder "I wonder how many dreams have died in cubicles in there." It doesn't fit Lex's wealth or ego at all. I get that may be what they're going for, making it look kinda harmless so you wouldn't suspect it as evil, but that doesn't work because they made it TOO harmless. I can't imagine anything evil coming out of that buliding no matter who was in it, unless we're talking about a parody like Kick Ass or Dr Horrible.

Also, does the Lexcorp logo look badly shopped onto the building, or is that just me? Something kinda odd about its angle, and the edges look fuzzy, though that might just be picture quality.

Zachary Amaranth:

I dunno, man. Google never stole that many cakes. Money, perhaps, but pastries? Naaah.

Well that's a building alright...

Remind me, why is this newsworthy? (not a jab at The Escapist, more about this ridiculous hype-climate in the movie industry lately)

It doesn't really look like a corporate headquarters to me, more like what you might see in the periphery of a small city.

But maybe that's just the illusion they are trying to give off (dun dun dun)? See we aren't a big bad corporation! We don't even have an ivory tower!

I think it this building is just a temp HQ in the story.

The entire point is the the major centre of Metropolis was destroyed in MoS, and Lex is re-building it, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has plans to build a more Smallville/Comic style skyscraper HQ in the city centre whilst rebuilding it.

From the looks of that building Lex Luthor made his billions selling stationery at a retail park, which makes sense since the mark-up on a box of staples and a couple of ring binders these days is criminal. Perhaps he will be introduced as a villain who is lobbying against the paperless office whilst Wayne Industries is trying to push a digital future. Bruce Wayne isn't happy and uses his alter ego to investigate.

Coming to theatres summer 20XX. Batman v Superman: Twilight of Office Supplies

FalloutJack:

I dunno, man. Google never stole that many cakes. Money, perhaps, but pastries? Naaah.

I bet you found that on Google. Clearly anti-Lex propaganda!

FalloutJack:

Zachary Amaranth:

Google wouldn't steal cakes. They'd just surreptitiously track your cake actions and then foist advertisements on you for other cakes you wouldn't like.

It's a building that says "Lexcorp" on it. I... really don't know what I was expecting.

Meanwhile, I only just noticed yesterday - what kind of weirdo names his company by his first name? Luthcorp sounds like a fine name. Did he really choose Lexcorp? His name is Alex Luthor and he called his company Lexcorp. Good going, you cake-stealing arseface.

CriticalMiss:
From the looks of that building Lex Luthor made his billions selling stationery at a retail park, which makes sense since the mark-up on a box of staples and a couple of ring binders these days is criminal. Perhaps he will be introduced as a villain who is lobbying against the paperless office whilst Wayne Industries is trying to push a digital future. Bruce Wayne isn't happy and uses his alter ego to investigate.

That still sounds more interesting than anything I've heard so far. I think it would good to have some accounting of how Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor got so rich and this would be as good as anything. Bruce could be the good capitalist who innovates and creates new products that benefit society and Lex could be the bad capitalist who acquires and strips companies of their assets while suing entrepreneurs using bought patents.

Am I still allowed to hold out hope that Lex won't be the villain of the movie? There are plenty of ways an evildoer might do evil without technically violating the law and it'd be nice to see Lex use that distinction. Alternatively, it'd be neat for him to be on Team Good this time around, maybe as the guy who gets the others together to stop some threat against the world and, more importantly, his money. I'd like to see him set up as the villain, but not necessarily in that role clearly enough for Superman et al to take action against.

Gearhead mk2:

Also, does the Lexcorp logo look badly shopped onto the building, or is that just me? Something kinda odd about its angle, and the edges look fuzzy, though that might just be picture quality.

I can't tell if it's picture quality or a bad job. But the placement of the X symbol on the building is such that it looks like an asterisk instead.

CriticalMiss:

That sounds more interesting than most DC movies. You should kickstart a fan-film.

This is shaping up to be an epic court case.

Funny enough, I grew up in Pontiac, and I know that building. Sad to say, it is the nicest-looking tech building in that area. The reason they're probably shooting there is because it's been vacant for a while (note the empty parking lot and barely-kept lawn).

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here