Batman: Arkham Knight's PS4 Exclusive Content Detailed

Batman: Arkham Knight's PS4 Exclusive Content Detailed

batman arkham knight scarecrow

The "Arkham Knight Scarecrow Nightmare Pack," will be available exclusively to PS4 users.

Something we've pretty much come to expect with multiplatform games these days is that they will have exclusive content, depending on what platform you buy it for, what store you buy it from, if you pre-order it or not, if you buy it new or used, or which deity you pray to when you buy it. Of course, Rocksteady's upcoming Batman: Arkham Knight is no different, featuring the Scarecrow Nightmare Pack which is exclusive to the PS4 version of the game.

Gotham falls victim to Scarecrow's fear toxin, transforming the famous city into a twisted, hellish nightmare in the Batman: Arkham Knight Scarecrow Nightmare Pack.

Tear through the city in the all-new batmobile and face off against a towering vision of Scarecrow and his undead army as they spread terror on the streets, available exclusively on Playstation 4.

While certainly not as substantial as other exclusive DLCs have been in the past (*cough* playable Catwoman *cough*), it's still somewhat saddening to see additional content for games cut up and served to the highest bidder.

Here's hoping that it will all be compiled into a "Game of the Year" edition at some point, which I can pick up in a Steam sale for $5.

Source: Sony

Steven Bogos:
...face off against a towering vision of Scarecrow and his undead army...

Seriously, even the Arkham games get zombies now? Is the Xbone getting Nazi Zombies?

Maybe it's an army of tiny Solomon Grundys though, in which case I'm fine with it. But only if they are knee high to a Batman.

CriticalMiss:

Steven Bogos:

Seriously, even the Arkham games get zombies now?

Who said anything about Zombies?

NoAccountNeeded:

CriticalMiss:

Steven Bogos:

Seriously, even the Arkham games get zombies now?

Who said anything about Zombies?

well unless the undead army is a platoon of vampires I think the description mentions zombies, or the walking dead, or however you want to define them. The previously living.

Steven Bogos:

Here's hoping that it will all be compiled into a "Game of the Year" edition at some point, which I can pick up in a Steam sale for $5.

I wouldn't count on that. Joker pack is still not on PC or X360.

I think they prefer the living impaired, honsetly...

Wait - playable Catwoman in Arkham City was an exclusive? I thought she was just a 'project ten-dollar' style DLC and available to everyone? (You might mean playable Joker in Arkham Asylum.)

And this... sounds cool, but doesn't sound like there'll be too much plot to it, so I'm not too worried about missing out. Sounds basically like attacking the law enforcement in GTA, but with Scarecrow and skeletons instead of Police...

Also, not yet sure about Scarecrow's new look. I liked his appearance back in Asylum, now he looks a bit more... zombified.

EDIT: Ah, Catwoman was a console exclusive (ie PC didn't get it for a while). Okay, yeah, that was less than great...

CriticalMiss:

Steven Bogos:

Seriously, even the Arkham games get zombies now? Is the Xbone getting Nazi Zombies?

Maybe it's an army of tiny Solomon Grundys though, in which case I'm fine with it. But only if they are knee high to a Batman.

Asylum had skeletons during the Scarecrow sequences. That's probably what they're referring to. And if they have upgraded from skeletons to zombies then it isn't too much of a stretch. (Just a slightly different flavour of fear toxin.)

So it's the return of the scarecrow mini game from Arkham asylum, that's great... Cept it should not be a exclusive and that's coming from a ps4 owner.

The_Darkness:
Asylum had skeletons during the Scarecrow sequences. That's probably what they're referring to. And if they have upgraded from skeletons to zombies then it isn't too much of a stretch. (Just a slightly different flavour of fear toxin.)

In the main game or in the challenges? I don't remember there being skeletons, but I haven't played the game in years.

Captcha: Think hard. I will captcha, don't rush me.

CriticalMiss:

The_Darkness:

In the main game or in the challenges? I don't remember there being skeletons, but I haven't played the game in years.

Captcha: Think hard. I will captcha, don't rush me.

Main game. At least one section of gameplay revealed that they were actually just standard minions, but that Batman's perception of them was screwed up by fear toxin. (Also, apparently Titans are easier to take down when under the effect of fear toxin... Maybe Batman punches harder?)

I hate this exclusive stuff its bad for the customer and bad for the business.

I wont be buying this game for this reason even if i owned a PS4 i would not buy it.

You should all do the same.

Guess we really can't get away from this exclusive content nonsense after all.

Sigh, I hate this current gaming industry so so much.

The_Darkness:
(Also, apparently Titans are easier to take down when under the effect of fear toxin... Maybe Batman punches harder?)

I've read at least one issue of comics where Batman starts hitting harder when fighting an enemy that isn't alive. So if fear toxin has caused him to thing he isn't fighting living things, he might stop holding back since he isn't worried about killing them.

So... Yeah. Fear toxin makes Batman punch harder.

RealRT:

Steven Bogos:

I wouldn't count on that. Joker pack is still not on PC or X360.

It actually is possible to mod the Joker DLC into the PC version. It requires a copy of the mac version (which did come with the DLC included), but it's possible. I did it myself.

But yeah, it should have been present WITHOUT the player having to use mods. Console exclusives are not a good idea at all. I guess we should just hope they release it as stand-alone DLC later on or something. Blegh...

I'm still holding out hope that they'll make a side-campaign for someone other than Batman. I really enjoyed how Catwoman had her own mini-story in AC.

As for this Scarecrow bit, from the sound of this article it'll just be retracing the steps from the Scarecrow bits in Asylum. As such, I'm not sure XBox and PC owners are really missing out on much.

Then again, most people tend to say that the Scarecrow bits of Asylum were the best parts...so from that perspective even if it is just a re-hash then I suppose they will be missing out. :P

The_Darkness:
Also, not yet sure about Scarecrow's new look. I liked his appearance back in Asylum, now he looks a bit more... zombified.

Well, he did have a run-in with Croc...I doubt anyone (except Batman, of course) could get in a fight with Croc and come out looking the same. :P

alj:

I wont be buying this game for this reason even if i owned a PS4 i would not buy it.

You don't even know the details of this content yet you are so quick to jump for a boycott.
I don't like this exclusive practice either but it doesn't offend me like DRM or developers lying to us.

I really fucking dig the look of Scarecrow in this game. It's probably my favourite design of him ever.

CriticalMiss:

Steven Bogos:

Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army 1 & 2 are on the PC, so we've had them for a bit.

Also, why exclusivity nonsense PS4? Why restrict from other platforms?

alj:

Don't tell me what to do man I want to drive the Batmobile.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here