Legend of Korra Game Coming This Fall From Bayonetta 2 Studio - Update

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Legend of Korra Game Coming This Fall From Bayonetta 2 Studio - Update

In an upcoming Legend of Korra game, fight enemies as the Avatar with her skills in the four elements and participate in Pro-Bending matches.

Update: IGN has added four screenshots of The Legend of Korra, giving a peek at riding on Naga, fighting, and pro-bending matches.

Original story: Platinum Games, the studio behind Bayonetta 2, is developing The Legend of Korra, a game set in the Legend of Korra universe and taking place during the second and third seasons of the TV series. Activision will publish the game this fall.

Playing as the avatar Korra, players will use the powers of fire, earth, air, and water to fight enemies such as Mecha Tanks and Chi Blockers. The game's announcement trailer also makes it seem like players will fight against dark spirits. Even better, IGN reports players will be able to participate in 3-on-3 pro-bending matches. Tim Hedrick, writer for the TV series, will also write the game's storyline. The Legend of Korra will be available for download on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC.

While The Legend of Korra will be a third-person combat game, fans will also see the release of a Legend of Korra turn-based strategy game on 3DS. Webfoot Technologies is developing the game. Players will "focus on tactically maneuvering Korra and her allies on the battlefield."

The third season of Legend of Korra premieres this Friday, June 27, with the first three episodes of the season. Korra will have to face the consequences of her decision last season of reuniting the spirits and humans together in the world.

Source: IGN

I'm not a fan of the Avatar series, never really got into the mythos, but Platinum?

Hot damn, this game has so much potential right now.

I'll get this game just because it's made by Platinum in general. Well, maybe, as it depends on how well the game plays, but generally Platinum is very good with games like this.

This will either be the best thing ever, or it'll be garbage.

I love Platinum, and I love the Avatar series, so getting a good game from that marriage would be the best thing ever.

BASED PLATINUM, DON'T FAIL ME!

Pro-bending Multiplayer, anyone?

I didn't really care for it in the show, but... pro-bending Multiplayer has so much potential...

"Legend of Korra game" Oh gee, I can't want for it to be a phoned in mess. Maybe it can try to beat the other avatar game for easiest high level achivements that "From Bayonetta 2 studio"...

I'm not exactly sure why for the title you couldn't of just said Platinum games. It would of made a much shorter headline.

I'll buy it because it's Platinum. I can't confess to knowing a huge amount about Avatar, but what I do know about it excites me with Platinum at the helm.

Well, with Platinum Games pedigree, could this be a licensed video game that won't suck? One can hope.

As someone who loved avatar and enjoyed Korra (ok, 2nd half of season 2 was awesome, but the first half was a slog), and adored bayonetta and vanquish, count me very very excited. I just hope I'll have something up to running it.

Dragonbums:
I'm not exactly sure why for the title you couldn't of just said Platinum games. It would of made a much shorter headline.

Sad thing is I think more people will recognize the fact that Platinum Games are the ones that are making Bayonetta 2 more than if the article were to mention Platinum by their names. I know a few people who if I say Platinum they get confused or think I'm talking about Pokemon, but the moment I say that they made Bayonetta and MGR Revengance then they know who it is.

I've only just finished watching Avatar the Last Airbender and only watched 2 episodes of Legend of Korra so far, so I have no idea whether I'll be excited for this or not.

I'm sure plantinum will make this game amazing.

Now, if all goes well, howsabout we see a Last Airbender game too?

Kungfu_Teddybear:
I've only just finished watching Avatar the Last Airbender and only watched 2 episodes of Legend of Korra so far, so I have no idea whether I'll be excited for this or not.

Liking the show is only a secondary reason to be excited. That it is being done by Platnium should leave you in little doubt!

First thought: "Hmmm.....the last Avatar game was pretty lame. :/"

Second thought after seeing the developer was Platinum: "0.0.....Hmm...Yeah, that could work."

:D Can't wait to see some gameplay.

Also, looking forward to season 3. :)

I...uh.
O, man...Rule34 folks are gonna have a hell of a time with this.
;)

I hope it's good.
The last Avatar game 'trilogy' weren't all that bad, just a lot generic.

Great now I am now imaging Korra doing werid poses which the camera will zoom into it.

Still this is a huge gamble since most media licence games then to suck alot (Golden Eye is one of the few exceptions) and Platinum Games are known for their game being great no matter how wacky the game can get.

Neronium:
I'll get this game just because it's made by Platinum in general. Well, maybe, as it depends on how well the game plays, but generally Platinum is very good with games like this.

Pretty much this.

As long as the game isn't a total train wreck, I'm pretty sure I'll be buying it. I could see them using Bayonetta as a starting point for how she'll move in game maybe, just change her guns to bending.

Wonder what kind of mess Korra will have made since allowing the spirits to cross over again...

I'm actually wondering now how this and Bayo 2 will turn out. And also how the art style could be reconciled with the gameplay Platinum has become revered for. But it's obviously gonna be god-tier no matter how they do it.

I really hope it turns out well.

i think i need to change my pants.
that is my reaction to every new platinum game i hear about(i literally was just playing bayonetta) but i really do like avatar and think the world is great for games.

Now, I've never played a game by Platinum, but from what I have heard, they tend to do pretty darn well when it comes to third-person action games. What I am a fan of, however, is The Legend of Korra and all things Avatar, so I am pretty interested in how this will play out, especially seeing as this is a game based on the 3v3 Pro-Bending arena. So I am excited for this, and Im pretty interested in trying it out.

Oh man, can Platinum Games Vanquish the dreaded Curse of the License!?
It will not be easy but if anyone can do it, it's them. Anything is possible in this MadWorld we live in.
If they succeed I'm sure it will be Wonderful... 101.

Avatar and the creators of Metal Gear Rising?
Strap in, kids, we're in for something wonderful.

For those unfamiliar with the series

Seems promising. I'm a big fan of the series.

Still, I would have liked to see some actual gameplay from the trailer. The trailer just shows pretty much a 30-second clip from the show.

roseofbattle:
Platinum Games, the studio behind Wii U exclusive Bayonetta 2, is developing The Legend of Korra

The Legend of Korra will be available for download on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC everything but the Wii U.

It's been mentioned a couple of times already, but I want to point out how stupid it can be to mention a specific upcoming title instead of just naming the company outright.

I know it's going to sound petulant, but until Platinum ports Bayonetta 2 over to a system I actually have (PS3) or would actually buy because it has more than one game I'm interested in on it (because it's always great to give all the people who made Bayonetta successful enough for Nintendo to even want to fund it a big, fat middle finger), I refuse to buy any Platinum games, even though I know I'd most likely love them. I've never watched a single episode of Avatar, but it would have been a day one purchase for me. The day they port of Bayonetta 2, I'll pick this up, along with Metal Gear Rising, and anything else that they make between now and then. And I know quite a lot of people who feel exactly the same way.

Platinum games and Korra, GET FUCKING HYPE!.

but in all seriousness this is within Platinums court, they did great with Bayo 1 and will most likely for 2, they did great with all of their other games even if they didn't sell well they still did great for what they were.

All I can say is I hope Activision doesn't screw with what they've given them, they've clearly shown they now don't give a toss about the Transformers game license with their latest game which greatly disappoints me but this game will give me hope that at least this license can become something amazing.

Going to definitely grab this because it's my favourite studio and my favourite franchise combined, my only real gripe is that they're neglecting Wii U and I'd love to add it to the Bayo 1+2, W101 collection of platinum games.

Still gonna get psyched about this though, this has to be the year of Platinum.

I... I never knew I wanted this but god damn do I want this so much now! Platinum games are awesome and while I was a little disappointed with Korra as a follow up to ATLA its still a good show. On that note I need to finish watching the second season of Korra...

So... should I just head straight into Korra or watch the initial series first? Becuase bugger me if I'm missing out on an easy to get Platinum game.

hazabaza1:
So... should I just head straight into Korra or watch the initial series first? Becuase bugger me if I'm missing out on an easy to get Platinum game.

Watch the initial series then Legend of Korra, some of the best in animation ever made in the west

I don't know if Hideki Kamiya is involved with this game, but I would consider this game to be disappointing if we don't have an Ammy skin for Korra's Polar Bear Dog.

Make it happen!

Super cool. Legend of Korra is so-so(Last Airbender is great), but it's a cool setting and Platinum's great at action. I hope it won't be too short, though. Revengeance was a retail game, and that was what, 6 hours? I know you're supposed to play those kinds of games over and over again, but I feel like my backlog resents me if I play a game more than twice.

A Legend of Korra game... by Platinum? Alright, I'm sold. I haven't gotten around to seeing the second season, so maybe I'll get to that first.

But I want my Platinum made Kill la Kill game, dammit!

On one hand, this being handed to a game company that actually knows how to, uh, make a game, instead of awkwardly fumble around a property to make something they hope parents will buy simply because they know kiddies like the title, well, that is certainly an exciting thing. Goodness knows the universe and the very concept of 'bending' might as well have MADE TO MAKE A GREAT VIDEO GAME tattooed on its forehead.

On the other hand, LoK's writing has consistently disappointed me. Okay, disappointed might be a bit of an understatement. It's more like consistently made me want to set myself on fire, then consign it to the bin right next to the ATLA live action movie Of Which We Do Not Speak.

I'll cross my fingers that it'll end up moddable enough for somebody to make it so you play as an Equalist and then get excited. When it's on Steam for 75% off. Maybe.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here