Ouya Offering Access to 800 Games for $60

Ouya Offering Access to 800 Games for $60

Ouya Pass Sold Out

Ouya offering an all-access pass that opens up their entire gaming catalogue for $59.99.

On Monday Ouya launched a new limited time program: the All Access Pass. For $59.99 players would have access to Ouya's entire game catalogue, which includes 800 games, for 12 months.

This offer was only for one-time purchases under $30, which includes full-game unlocks and downloadable content but excludes microtransaction items. Once the pass is purchased the customer gets a coupon code that brings down the price of all downloadable games to $0.00.

At the time of this reporting the pass has sold out, BUT Ouya does give hints that the pass will be available again soon, or at least a similar version of it, "Ouya All-Access is a pilot subscription program we're offering to new and existing Ouya users for a limited time only... It's just one of many things we're exploring to give players the best value, and developers the best visibility. Results of this test will dictate if/how we proceed with an official subscription program.

You can sign up at their access landing page to be notified when it's available again.

Source: GamesIndustry

So each game is valued at around 7cents? Still too much for a temporary OUYA game.

Is this not the same thing as this?

OT: I'm not getting an Ouya. This won't entice me.

I'm curious, do you people think that the Ouya has been a failure? Yes? No? and Why? Thanks for your answers. :)

Firanai:
I'm curious, do you people think that the Ouya has been a failure? Yes? No? and Why? Thanks for your answers. :)

it depends on how much you were expecting out of it. For my part, as a backer, I'm 100% not disappointed to be honest. yes there's not that many great games, but as a emulator box (something I was doing on my tablet that's more outdated than people bitch about the ouya being, BEFORE the ouya even came out), it works pretty well for me, and by sideloading XBMC (screw their official version, I've had zero troubles with an older version for android), it works as a great media box, at least for me.

However, I'll be honest in that I'm a bit easy to please, unless something comes up with a product or game that SERIOUSLY irks AND affects me personally, not what a dozen other people may have an issue with or have encountered...... neither of which happened with the Ouya, so *shrugs* ^^

Firanai:

The problem with the Ouya is that people overhyped it (as people tend to do) as being the second coming of Christ (or of the PS2, whatever), that would set the world on fire and change the total landscape of gaming forever.
Really, there were more than a few people thinking "well, an open-source gaming console?! This changes EVERYTHING".

And, looking back, it was an enticing idea... New market models... The underdog fighting the big three in their home turf. A cheap priced console, bringing closer together developers and their consumers.
It seemed a less absurd concept than the Wii, which set the world on fire, surprising most people.

In the end, the Ouya turned out to be a niche product, wich appeals mostly to emulator-affictionados retro-gamers. There is no market for it among mainstream gamers.

So yes... To me it was a big failure. Not because it failed to live to the unreasonable hype surrounding it. But because it failed to find any relevance, or to leave ANY mark on the market whatsoever...

So rather than a failure it has become irrelevant? Honestly I don't know which one is worse. At least with a failure you get noticed and can be used as an example of what not do. With irrelevance you might as well have not existed.

Firanai:

The Ouya was a feel good news story, but was always going to be a complete failure outside of specific niche uses.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here