Release Date for The Wolf Among Us Season Finale Revealed

Release Date for The Wolf Among Us Season Finale Revealed

The season finale to The Wolf Among Us will be available for download starting July 8th.

Telltale Games just revealed that the last episode to the first season of The Wolf Among Us is set to release next week. On July 8th those of you playing the game on PC, Mac, or PlayStation--in North America--will be able to enjoy the fifth episode in the series titled "Cry Wolf."

Xbox 360 players and the rest of the world will be able to download the new episode on July 9th. The iOS version will be available on July 10th.

"Cry Wolf" will bring the dramatic conclusion to the murder mystery of who's been killing off fables. The trailer alludes Bigby will uncover hidden Fabletown secrets and encounter more dangerous adversaries. To catch up before the new episode arrives you can read our review of the fourth episode, "In Sheep's Clothing."

Telltale's other hit series, The Walking Dead: Season Two, is set to release a new episode later this month as well.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!

Dat real wolf form.

Really hyped to see how this all ends, and I hope they make some more after this, 'cos I love the lore and the setting.

That makes the pattern lover in me twitch. They had a good alternating thing going with Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us. They stuck the landing!

Either way, I guess I'm glad this stuff is coming out sooner rather than later.

Sweet!

I was waiting for the final episode to come out so I can buy all of them at once like I did with season one of TWD. Can't wait for this come out. :D

Daystar Clarion:
Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!

Dat real wolf form.

Really hyped to see how this all ends, and I hope they make some more after this, 'cos I love the lore and the setting.

I know! I have loved TWAU but I have never really liked Bigby's wolf mode. To see that he will go full blown Big Bad Wolf is really exciting. If only because that is bound to wipe that smug look of Bloody mary's face.

I made the mistake of playing this before all episodes were released. I played 1-3 and have just been pulling out my hair waiting for it to conclude. I really feel like the game/episodes are a tad on the short side even when comparing them to the Walking Dead episodes. I also rarely level a complaint against the length of a game but it does feel justified here. I still love the hell out of it.

Hm...right I still have this game...probably should install it on my computer and actually play it at some point.

Bouncing with excitement really enjoyed 1-4, better than walking dea din amny ways as its less bound by the grand zombi trope.

Initial reaction before reading article: Yay! the next episode is soon, too bad it'll probably be like a month still.

After reading article: HOLY SHIT! That's less then a week! Maybe I should replay the previous chapters again.Damn Telltale you are suddenly back on the ball with these releases. Used to take months in between, but it's been nearly one every month between Wolf and Walking Dead.

This is great, I played the first episode but decided to wait until the rest of the episodes came out so I could just play them through all at once. It's coming out pretty soon as well, so I'm really looking forward to this.

...Well then, Telltale made me a moron on the Escapist forums. I thought Walking Dead would be next week and then Woof-Woof for the end of July.

Not that I'm complaining. If I was to have one of those games next week, I would take my 1-2 hours of Bigby goodness. I'm twitching from all the hype.

Good, now I can finally get the bundle and play it all at once, because f*** episodic gameplay

Just put it in my VEINS! The series so far has been a little bit up and down but overall i think it has been some of the best storytelling we've seen in game... probably ever. I know the crop of Telltale adventure/ choose your own visual novel have an in-build advantage in this but good lord the thing has been a great experience for me.

Gizmo1990:

I know! I have loved TWAU but I have never really liked Bigby's wolf mode. To see that he will go full blown Big Bad Wolf is really exciting. If only because that is bound to wipe that smug look of Bloody mary's face.

Would you also have preffered a mostly wolf like head? :0

I'm curious how Bigby will resolve everything. Apparently through force, but if one or a few silver bullets can kill him than realistically he'd be fucked. Well, maybe he'll be lucky or use some other power I haven't yet seen. Stopped reading the comic after ch. 50 because of the brilliant happy ending ^^ Don't want to spoil that bliss now. >.< I'll continue reading eventually :o

Anyone else liked the art style of the comic in the beginning better? There was a shift at some point where Bigby lost many features of his face and it looks like it's constantly melting off.

erttheking:
Hm...right I still have this game...probably should install it on my computer and actually play it at some point.

Do so. I picked it up on the last day of the Steam Sale at the urging of a friend, and I've barely been able to put it down.

So does season finale mean we might see more trips through Fabletown? I could go for some Cinderella action.

Redd the Sock:
So does season finale mean we might see more trips through Fabletown? I could go for some Cinderella action.

I was wondering the same thing. It would be nice to see second season. I'm assuming that it will pry take awhile though with them also doing Tales of the Borderlands and also their Game of Thrones game.

That full werewolf mode, God damn I almost jizzed in my pants. Get here soon Tuesday, I can't wait any longer.

Whooo!

I'm afraid of how many possible threads might be left dangling. How traumatized will Toad Jr. be?! Is Flycatcher going to catch a break? I must know!

But obviously it'll end on an awesome note. I can't wait to see if my guess that Don Dumpty was behind it all bears fruit.

Maybe this episode Bigby will get his face squashed into the stupid looking face that he's drawn in in almost all the Buckingham illustrated comics

hazydawn:

Gizmo1990:

Would you also have preffered a mostly wolf like head? :0

I'm curious how Bigby will resolve everything. Apparently through force, but if one or a few silver bullets can kill him than realistically he'd be fucked. Well, maybe he'll be lucky or use some other power I haven't yet seen. Stopped reading the comic after ch. 50 because of the brilliant happy ending ^^ Don't want to spoil that bliss now. >.< I'll continue reading eventually :o

Anyone else liked the art style of the comic in the beginning better? There was a shift at some point where Bigby lost many features of his face and it looks like it's constantly melting off.

I would indeed have liked the real wolf head more. I don't see why they did not simply copy the comics in that reguard. I thing the whole man wolf thing they have in the comics works better than the strange wolf thing they use in the game.

And I also stopped reading at 50 :) althorugh I have the missfortune of knowing how the story continues from there but luckly thanks to things like Mass Effect and Star Wars I am good at declaring things not cannon in my head.

In practical terms, this means that early access / beta is finally over and the game is coming out :p Which is swell, I've been looking forward to this one for ages.

Anyone else hoping it's actually longer than an hour unlike the horrible last chapter? seriously, the last chapter was so short, it sucked! I am looking forward to the chapter though.

Had I knew, I would've bought it from the sale. Ah, anyways, this is one of the devs that deserves a full price.

Gizmo1990:

I would indeed have liked the real wolf head more. I don't see why they did not simply copy the comics in that reguard. I thing the whole man wolf thing they have in the comics works better than the strange wolf thing they use in the game.

And I also stopped reading at 50 :) althorugh I have the missfortune of knowing how the story continues from there but luckly thanks to things like Mass Effect and Star Wars I am good at declaring things not cannon in my head.

To be fair in issue 29 he kinda has that look. It's changing between a more wolf and human like head. On the cover he pretty much looks like in the game. I like werewolves with a wolf head in general better.

Omg, what's going to happen? D: You have to tell me. I can take anything but either of them dying or breaking up (without getting together again ofc ^^).

I've adopted the same technique >.<
That Starchild never happened. Shepard defeated the reapers, lives with Tali in a house on Rannoch, where Geth and Quarians live in happy coexistence :D

Bought this on Steam sale and holy shit I'm SO hooked right now. Just completed Episode 2. IT'S SO GOOD I'M SO HYPED!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here