Molten Corgi Pet Coming to World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Molten Corgi Pet Coming to World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

WoW Corgi

The newest addition to the WoW pet menagerie sets the internet on fire.

For fans of World of Warcraft, there are already plenty of reasons to eagerly wait for the new expansion, Warlords of Draenor. There's the visual makeover being given to the game's races, the introduction of customized garrisons, and a whole new planet and timeline opened wide for exploration. But all of that pales in comparison to the game's latest addition. No, your eyes haven't deceived you. That is, in fact, a molten corgi.

The upcoming pet was announced in a tweet by Blizzard Senior Game Designer, Jonathan LeCraft, who posted the screenshots of the fiery, four-legged friend. Not wanting to get 'burned' by some cruel prank, fans immediately questioned the legitimacy of LeCraft's post. LeCraft followed up on the post with a response, stating, "Of course the Molten Corgi is going to be a real pet! Joking about something like that is a great way to get assassinated."

No word yet on how players will be able to get their hands on the insanely adorable companion yet. It may end up being a pre-order bonus, a quest reward, a purchase through the Blizzard Store, or something else entirely. Regardless, WoW fans have responded to the news like Pavlov's dog, eagerly salivating over the chance to take their new blazing beast for a walk through the countryside of Draenor.

This thing is ridiculously cute and I want one now. It's definitely NOT a pre-order bonus, that's a mount and matching pet that's already in the game, which you get with the collector's edition. Quest reward is possible, maybe achievement related, but I'm about 95% sure it'll end up being on the store for real money.

I dare say this is the first time that I've cared for the pet aspect of WoW. I love Corgis and this little fella is designed perfectly to give me a reason to adopt him.

Puppy Pele might well be the only thing I've ever seen that appeals so clearly to my love of fire and Corgis.

TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!!! *frantically shoving bills into dvd tray*

I guess I'll renew my WoW subscription now...Blizzard finally found one of my weaknesses.

What a majestic core hound!

The Queen will aprove of this!But yes its a must have, quite a fantastic pet :)

rofltehcat:
What a majestic core hound!

I'm shocked nobody has yet gone for "Coregi"

The first thing thing that popped into my head when I saw the picture:
Is that a new pokemon? - it's ridicullously cute ^_^

Normally I wouldn't consider buying any vanity pets unless the proceeds go to charity or something but I just HAVE to have this little guy. He's so cute! I think I'm going to call him Robbaz.

Jesus Christ, the dog look cute sure, but come on people. This is disrespect for the real fans of Warcraft.
This would make sense in a humorous/fantasy Theme game, but NOT Warcraft...
It f*ck up the immersion of this world.

Yes, because a dark evil Death Knight with a dog on fire sure sound like Warcraft......ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff......

*high pitched squeal breaking sound barrier*

Must have the cuteness. My Perky Pug needs some company.

And are you suggesting that Warcraft isn't a humorous game? That's funny.

I bet Dale North's head has already exploded in a gloriously gory shower of Corgi love.

I already have a Core Hound Pup and a Perky Pug, but it's still cute.

...Pugs are still cuter, though.

I want to cuddle it! But I can't, because...the burning.

SweetShark:
Jesus Christ, the dog look cute sure, but come on people. This is disrespect for the real fans of Warcraft.

Yes, because a dark evil Death Knight with a dog on fire sure sound like Warcraft......ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff......

I would like to take a moment to stop you and point out that Companion Pets in WoW have ALWAYS, ALWAYS been silly and for fun.

Cinder Kitten
Lil'Ragnoros
Little Pandarian Monk
Treasure Goblin
Mini Fel Reaver
Stitched Pup
Lil'Bad Wolf
Etc.

SweetShark:

You say this after MoP.
You very brave.

dammit now I need to buy one.

Let's see...it's a fire dog in a game that recently added pet battles.

Show of hands: Who here thinks quite a few of these will be named Growlithe? *awaits everyone and a half to raise their hands*

Paragon Fury:

SweetShark:

I would like to take a moment to stop you and point out that Companion Pets in WoW have ALWAYS, ALWAYS been silly and for fun.

Cinder Kitten
Lil'Ragnoros
Little Pandarian Monk
Treasure Goblin
Mini Fel Reaver
Stitched Pup
Lil'Bad Wolf
Etc.

I'm thinking/hoping that he was kidding because Warcraft has always been a fantasy game with plenty of humor.

so flame
such temperature
very heat
wow !

It's a pity that players can only have one pet out at a time, because watching the Molten Corgi and the Perky Pug playing together would probably overload the Internet with d'awwww.

I'll buy it. Or get it if it is not a shop pet.

They are adorable.

Ah... I remember my pet collecting days in WoW. An effort that was made far less complicated when pets were finally given a UI so that they stopped cluttering my bags. I was quite proud of my pet collection, and it was always fun running into another collector and comparing our collections. Then at time point during Cataclysm, Blizzard started just flooding the game with pets. Between new pets that had to be gotten through obscure ways being added in every new patch and the slew of pets that had to actually be paid for, I just stopped caring about pets. The fun in pet collecting was just lost when Blizzard found a way to turn it into something that you had to approach with the same fervor as raiding. Pet collecting was the thing I did on the side of raiding, dammit!

*Sigh* But I digress. Corgis are probably my third-favorite breed of dog (after Huskies and Shiba Inus), but a flame corgi to go with my (usually) Fire Mage? Sign me up![1] ^_^

[1] I'll have to resist the urge to name him "Ein".

OH WOOK ISSA DOGGIE MASH UP HIS WIDDLE FACE AND CALL HIM "CHIPS"

Excuse me while I go draw fan art of the Team Fortress 2 Pyro cuddling one of these.

I thought Warcraft was a comedy ever since WC2?

Paragon Fury:

SweetShark:

Cinder Kitten
Lil'Ragnoros
Little Pandarian Monk
Treasure Goblin
Mini Fel Reaver
Stitched Pup
Lil'Bad Wolf
Etc.

Yep, I know.
But then you have things like the motorcycles or the Pandas...
Btw I never played WoW, soooooo...yeah, I hope to be wrong and all this make more sense and have a good reason to exist.

Hmmm, does Susan have influence over Blizzard or something? I wonder.

...I can hear Simon Lane (yogscast) squealing from here. I thinks this is on the border of being a bit too out there. I mean, the achievement pug was a pun at least. This is just.. strange.

Smilomaniac:
...I can hear Simon Lane (yogscast) squealing from here. I thinks this is on the border of being a bit too out there. I mean, the achievement pug was a pun at least. This is just.. strange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnzLQ2J37eY

You're welcome. (I heard him too... first thing I thought of when I saw this)

I find this funny, but also kind of silly. I wouldn't be surprised if blizzard makes like 500,000 on this thing...

An adorable pet and one of many I'd love to have available on my characters if I renew my subscription again in the future. I will not however be buying anything further from their store collection. I could kick myself for buying some of their initial offerings as I know I helped pave the way for this constant drive to push more store based pets/mounts. I wish they would put more effort into releasing special questlines and related world bosses to obtain these and make it worth a continued subscription to the game (for me at least, I know others still enjoy what's offered).

I've been out of WoW ever since Cataclysm, but if this was actually a Quest/Achievement attached pet that would be awesome. Back in the day I got the "Pug so you can have a Pug while you PUG" and I just simply LOVED that little dog, and all it was was scrath its but half the time.

SweetShark:

SweetShark:

Yep, I know.
But then you have things like the motorcycles or the Pandas...
Btw I never played WoW, soooooo...yeah, I hope to be wrong and all this make more sense and have a good reason to exist.

Not sure if joking or not... But if not, I'd still find it funny how this is THE thing that you just found "disrespectful". And even more so how a "Real" fan of Warcraft payed not real attention at how the "Pandas" were already a thing back in Warcraft 3, nor how "humour" has always been a big part of these games.

Grabehn:

Not sure if joking or not... But if not, I'd still find it funny how this is THE thing that you just found "disrespectful". And even more so how a "Real" fan of Warcraft payed not real attention at how the "Pandas" were already a thing back in Warcraft 3, nor how "humour" has always been a big part of these games.

The Pandas was a thing? *Search*
I see..................I always knew it was an April Fool joke. I didn't knew it was an Official race....
Ok, my mistake then, but about the motocycles?

SweetShark:
I see..................I always knew it was an April Fool joke. I didn't knew it was an Official race....

I'm not going further into these dude, there's Goblins, Engineering, etc. I now seriously doubt how real your "true fans" claim was.

Grabehn:

SweetShark:

I'm not going further into these dude, there's Goblins, Engineering, etc. I now seriously doubt how real your "true fans" claim was.

I never said I was a true fan of Warcraft. I just said for the others. If I was true fan I would had played WoW, aren't I?
But for me seeing that, its twitch a little my image I had for Warcraft. It wasn't always so cute and innocent.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here