Titanfall 50% Off at Non-Titan Price

Titanfall 50% Off at Non-Titan Price

If you're looking to play Titanfall this summer with a not so Titan price tag, GameStop's got a decent offer on PC.

On June 26th, Titanfall was updated for a fourth time by Respawn Entertainment. If the new patch or new game modes in the DLC packs convince you to try this FPS, you can now do it for half price. Yesterday GameStop dropped the PC digital edition down to $29.99, tying the title's all-time low since its March 11th launch.

For upcoming releases, October 7th marks the big Alien Isolation release date, and if you're a fan of the original 1979 Alien film, there's additional reason to order in advance. All pre-orders are now dubbed the "Nostromo Edition" and include an extra "The Crew" DLC, adding extra missions to play as Ellen Ripley and other members of the original cast. Best of all, the PC digital edition can be yours for 20% off after coupon (this deal works worldwide).

Console gamers aren't left out of the loop this week, either. If you're a first-time buyer at Rakuten (formerly Buy.com - because the name change makes 100% sense), you can use a $13 off coupon to drop Call of Duty: Ghosts for the Xbox One down to $5.99 and get free shipping. For more console games at bargain prices, look to GameFly's "Under $20 Used Game Blowout Sale". The sale features Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII-3 and dozens of other popular titles on the cheap, all with free shipping.

Today's Releases

Titanfall (Origin) - $29.99 at GameStop.

List is $60. The cheapest Seasson Pass is at GameFly after coupon JUL20OFF

Alien: Isolation Nostromo Edition (Steam) - $40.00 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases October 7. List is $50. Deal expires July 18.

Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One) - $5.99 at Rakuten.

List is $60. Deal expires July 16.

GameFly Under $20 Used Game Blowout Sale - ends July 21st

Recent Releases

Grid Autosport (Steam) - $40.00 at Green Man Gaming.

Released June 27. List is $50. Deal expires July 18.

Sniper Elite III (Steam) - $40.00 at Green Man Gaming.

Released June 27. List is $50. Deal expires July 18.

Valiant Hearts: The Great War - $12.00 at Green Man Gaming.

Released June 25. List is $15. Deal expires July 18.

Pro Cycling Manager - Season 2014 (Steam) - $32.00 at Green Man Gaming.

Released June 20. List is $40. Deal expires July 18.

PC & Download Deals

Thief (Steam) - $16.99 at NewEgg.

List is $40. Deal expires July 16.

Darksiders Franchise Pack (Steam) - $15.00 at GamersGate.

Blackguards (Steam) - $13.60 at GamersGate.

List is $40. Deal expires July 16.

Spellforce: Complete Pack (PC Download) - $12.50 at GamersGate.

List is $50. Deal expires July 16.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (Steam) - $11.99 at GameFly.

List is $60. Deal expires July 17.

Metro: Last Light Complete Edition (Steam) - $7.99 at Amazon.

List is $20. Deal expires July 22.

The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief (PC Download) - $6.25 at GamersGate.

List is $25. Deal expires July 16.

Deponia (Steam) - $5.00 at GamersGate.

List is $20. Deal expires July 16.

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Steam) - $4.99 at GameStop.

List is $20.

Deus Ex: The Fall (Steam) - $3.40 at NewEgg.

List is $10. Deal expires July 17.

Sanctum 2 (Steam) - $3.00 at GamersGate.

List is $15. Deal expires July 17.

Journey of a Roach (Steam) - $3.00 at GamersGate.

List is $15. Deal expires July 16.

Risen (DRM-Free) - $2.00 at GamersGate.

List is $10. Deal expires July 16.

Console Gaming Deals

Buy One, Get One 40% off on Pre-Owned Video Games (PS4 and Xbox One) - at Best Buy.

Deal expires July 19.

PlayStation 4 (New in Box) - $359.99 at eBay.

List is $400.

Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack (Xbox One) - $24.99 at Microsoft.

List is $40.

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (PS3 - Pre-owned) - $19.99 at GameFly.

List is $40. Deal expires July 21.

Valhalla Knights 3 - Pre-owned (PS Vita) - $17.99 at GameFly.

List is $30. Deal expires July 21.

Battlefield 4 (Xbox One) - $14.99 at Rakuten.

Dynasty Warriors 8 - Pre-owned (PS3) - $14.99 at GameFly.

List is $60. Deal expires July 21.

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Xbox One) - $9.99 at Rakuten.

Armored Core: Verdict Day - Pre-owned (Xbox 360) - $8.99 at GameFly.

List is $20. Deal expires July 21.

The weekly "Big Deals on the Internet" is brought to you by the crew from Dealzon. If you want to save money on game deals, check in every Tuesday at 5:30PM Eastern for the latest deals. Feedback? Let us know in the comments!

dealzon:
If you're looking to play Titanfall this summer with a not so Titan price tag, GameStop's got a decent offer on PC.

So you're telling me that not only would I have to download and install Origin, but I'd have to try and wash-off the feeling of having given money to Gamestop? No sir, even $5 isn't a low enough price for that burden. Lemme know when the Titan price tag is 100% Origin-free, then we'll talk.

That's

WhiteTigerShiro:

dealzon:

So you're telling me that not only would I have to download and install Origin, but I'd have to try and wash-off the feeling of having given money to Gamestop? No sir, even $5 isn't a low enough price for that burden. Lemme know when the Titan price tag is 100% Origin-free, then we'll talk.

Origin and Gamestop. Isn't there another prime evil wanding around somewhere? Oh yeah, UPlay.

Captcha - clear blue water
What you have when you don't polute your computer with Origin or UPlay.

Nergui:

WhiteTigerShiro:

dealzon:

Origin and Gamestop. Isn't there another prime evil wanding around somewhere? Oh yeah, UPlay.

Wouldn't that just be the icing on the cake?

Isn't this the 2nd time titanfall has been 50% off in one month for pc?

Believe the hype indeed.

I suspect that the reason why the price is falling like a Titan during a standard deployment so often is because the multiplayer is rapidly dying and there is no offline singleplayer to provide gameplay beyond the multiplayer so the game is rapidly becoming unplayable.

I swear, the ONLY thing around here that gets more irrational and unbridled hate than Call of Duty, Valve, Steam, or Bronies is Titanfall. I especially love the "It's on sale? It must be failing!" comments.

Uh, no. The community on PC is alive and well. Barring occasional team imbalance the match-making never has issue finding players. Hell, even the tourney scene is thriving for the game.

Just because sales are done doesn't mean the player base is as well. Can't speak for the Xbone or 360 communities, though.

But whatever. If there's one hobby people share it's imagining up further reasons to hate on the things they set out to hate from the start.

Vigormortis:
I especially love the "It's on sale? It must be failing!" comments.

Uh, no. The community on PC is alive and well.

You're absolutely right. The only real factor for a title going on sale is declining sales. Doesn't really have much to do with the activity of the pre-existing community.

When units-sold-per-period-of-time drops below a preset and arbitrary threshold, a company will usually enact a sale in order to reinvigorate the moving of units. But yes, the health of the player base is only distantly and vaguely related to the sales figures.

In addition, we already know EA never puts their DLC on sale. So they're even more likely to sell the core games at "below cost" as a loss leader, knowing people are likely to buy three maps at $10 a pop so they can play with their friends.

Vigormortis:
I swear, the ONLY thing around here that gets more irrational and unbridled hate than Call of Duty, Valve, Steam, or Bronies is Titanfall. I especially love the "It's on sale? It must be failing!" comments.

Uh, no. The community on PC is alive and well. Barring occasional team imbalance the match-making never has issue finding players. Hell, even the tourney scene is thriving for the game.

Just because sales are done doesn't mean the player base is as well. Can't speak for the Xbone or 360 communities, though.

But whatever. If there's one hobby people share it's imagining up further reasons to hate on the things they set out to hate from the start.

I believe PC community will thrive for years if EA won't pull a plug on servers, consoles on the other hand are a different case since FPS online communities there have a tendency to die out much quicker. It depends on the title as well.

james.sponge:

I believe PC community will thrive for years if EA won't pull a plug on servers, consoles on the other hand are a different case since FPS online communities there have a tendency to die out much quicker. It depends on the title as well.

It's really Microsoft pulling the plug that's of primary concern. As it stands Titanfall, and Respawn by corollary, are reliant more on MS's Azure servers than they are EA's servers.

Given MS's planned massive downsizing, I'm curious if their Azure infrastructure will be affected. I doubt it but...

:/

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here