Pokemon Become Horrifying in Artist's Attack on Titan Crossover

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Pokemon Become Horrifying in Artist's Attack on Titan Crossover

Artist Elizabeth Emery has been working on a special kind of Pokemon fanart for a year.

Attack on Pokemon is a series of Pokemon fanart by Elizabeth Emery in which the cute Pokemon we love are transformed into the horrifying titans from Japanese manga and anime Attack on Titan.

The titans of Attack on Titan are large humanoid creatures who devour humans not for sustenance for unknown reasons. Blendingthe creepy and violent Attack on Titan with cute Pokemon gives way to this art. Put a Titan's grin on anything, and it becomes creepy.

So far Emery has transformed Bulbasaur, Lickitung, Mr. Mime, Cubone, Clefairy, and Jigglypuff. Up next to be Titanized is lovable Psyduck, and other sketches include Tangela and Machamp. Attack on Titan fans will notice that not only the creepy smiles from the series, but also the poses and movements of specific titans.

Emery posts her art on a Tumblr account called Attack on Pokemon, and she posts sketches on a separate blog. Her art can be purchased as prints through DeviantArt.

The opening line of the first opening theme song for Attack on Titan says, "They're the prey, and we are the hunters." In a way, Pokemon are the prey for trainers hoping to capture at least one of every species or attack them for experience. Now imagine them all as titans; no more 10-year-olds on innocent adventures.

Source: Attack on Pokemon

I think this is the best Attack on Titan crossover.

inb4 complaining of too many crossover art gallery news posts.

OT: I can see a lot of tracing going on here, so I'm not THAT impressed by it, but yes, it is still horrifying to view nonetheless.

Someone needs to trace over the running titan that the Mr Mime is based on and make it Mr Mime on a running loop. that shit would scare people off the forums.

That bulbasaur actually look more like the Joker then a titan to me.

...God those are horrifying. Though the Cubone one is actually pretty neat

Worgen:

Those tanks are filled with only the finest strickland propane for superiour 3-d gear performance.

OT: pretty scary stuff and the it didn't take much effort to make the pokemon terrifying either.

Worgen:

Would be better than the original show.

....both of them.

I saw this the other day and man did it scare the shit outta me. The Bulbasaur and Lickatung really terrify me. The artist did a good job.

Related?:

Those Pokemon will haunt my sleep now. <_<

I feel odd that I dont give a sh*t about the show but read the manga :P...

Seems like almost all other Escapists are the opposite, they watch the anime but dont read the manga :( .

Anyways, damn those are fine :)

Too much nightmares in this topic...

I don't really see a difference ;P

karloss01:
Someone needs to trace over the running titan that the Mr Mime is based on and make it Mr Mime on a running loop. that shit would scare people off the forums.

And then, someone uses that new gif as their new avatar... *shifty eyes*

OT:

Also, I would read the aspired manga because I would [then] hate to wait for the next season to come out...

All aboard the Nope train! Next stop FuckThatVille.

Saw the Titanized Mr. Mime on Cheezburger. The caption they used included "...and I'm not going to sleep tonight".

Now, STOP...

CAPTCHA: hammer time

*starts dancing in parachute pants*

FPLOON:

karloss01:

And then, someone uses that new gif as their new avatar... *shifty eyes*

OT:

Also, I would read the aspired manga because I would [then] hate to wait for the next season to come out...

fuck Ash let it be Red instead because Red is a badass unlike Ash.

Veldie:

FPLOON:
OT:

Whoa there... Are we talking about the anime crossover or the video game crossover? Because if Red playing the role of Eren in the anime crossover, then there would be a LOT of backlash after Episode 5... unlike if it were to be Ash, for example... *shrugs*

Besides, I'd imagine Red would be Levi in the anime crossover, anyway... But, then again, that's just me...

FPLOON:

Veldie:

FPLOON:
OT:

Whoa there... Are we talking about the anime crossover or the video game crossover? Because if Red playing the role of Eren in the anime crossover, then there would be a LOT of backlash after Episode 5... unlike if it were to be Ash, for example... *shrugs*

Besides, I'd imagine Red would be Levi in the anime crossover, anyway... But, then again, that's just me...

Pokemon Adventures Manga the brutal badass one. Where Red makes everyone his bitch >.>

I just don't see ash as capable of handling titans. if anything he would be more Arman to me

Veldie:

FPLOON:

Veldie:

Pokemon Adventures Manga the brutal badass one. Where Red makes everyone his bitch >.>

I just don't see ash as capable of handling titans. if anything he would be more Arman to me

But, Ash isn't as smart as Arman, though... He's mostly just overconfident in himself to the point that even the audience wonders why he even does certain things in battle that common sense would say shouldn't work in the first place... In fact, I think Ash is more overconfident that Eren... Then again, I feel both Ash and Eren could be summed up as characters with all bark and barely any bite until the plot says otherwise... and that's why I used Ash instead of Red in the spoiler tag of my OP...

Edit: Clarification fix

I don't know if Mr Mime needed any help to be terrifying....

Charcharo:

Seems like almost all other Escapists are the opposite, they watch the anime but dont read the manga :( .

Well with Attack on Titan, the anime is substantially better on nearly every aspect aside from how much there is. The scenes are made more dramatic, there is more and better done world building, the action is better, the art is better. Its really hard to argue for the manga, hence why few bother reading it.

Still...the manga does have swinging people into buildings with the hooks...yup, manga is 10x better everyone!

Rainbow_Dashtruction:

Charcharo:

Well with Attack on Titan, the anime is substantially better on nearly every aspect aside from how much there is. The scenes are made more dramatic, there is more and better done world building, the action is better, the art is better. Its really hard to argue for the manga, hence why few bother reading it.

Still...the manga does have swinging people into buildings with the hooks...yup, manga is 10x better everyone!

*Looks at nonsensical stupid fillers of Fairy Tail and Naruto*

Id say no :P .
The problem with Attack on Titan was that it slowed down far too much after Episode 3. I do not like things that I cant speed up. It REALLY lost me with its pacing and very suddedn change of Velocity.
The Manga I read in 2 hours and really enjoyed it (it was only till the Female Titan capture then).

Charcharo:

Rainbow_Dashtruction:

Charcharo:

The problem with Attack on Titan was that it slowed down far too much after Episode 3. I do not like things that I cant speed up. It REALLY lost me with its pacing and very suddedn change of Velocity.
The Manga I read in 2 hours and really enjoyed it (it was only till the Female Titan capture then).

I have no idea why people keep making those comparisons. Its a drama. Did you really except constant action? It captures atmosphere of building tension and fear, which you simply cant be Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood to achieve. Its pacing HAD to be slow. If it wasn't slow, it'd be terrible. The anime people compare it to don't have such an excuse.

Oh and there is no filler in Attack on Titan. None. Nearly all the scenes are exactly like they are in the manga, or adding extremely well done world building segments which most people call the best parts of the anime.

Rainbow_Dashtruction:

Charcharo:

Rainbow_Dashtruction:

I have no idea why people keep making those comparisons. Its a drama. Did you really except constant action? It captures atmosphere of building tension and fear, which you simply cant be Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood to achieve. Its pacing HAD to be slow. If it wasn't slow, it'd be terrible. The anime people compare it to don't have such an excuse.

Oh and there is no filler in Attack on Titan. None. Nearly all the scenes are exactly like they are in the manga, or adding extremely well done world building segments which most people call the best parts of the anime.

I never said there is filler in Attack on Titan. Just by default giving reasons why I dont like Anime (sometimes).

Of coarse I know there is Drama... I read and watched the damned thing, in that order...
Basically critisizing the way it was paced, not the logic behind the slowdown.

Charcharo:

Rainbow_Dashtruction:

Charcharo:

I never said there is filler in Attack on Titan. Just by default giving reasons why I dont like Anime (sometimes).

Of coarse I know there is Drama... I read and watched the damned thing, in that order...

You gave reasons why anime in general is bad, then used those reasons on Attack on Titan despite knowing well that none of them are present in Attack on Titan. Secondly, its madness to criticize something for doing something which adds to the quality of it.

Skyrim is bad because its open world! Anime should always be episodic! WHY DOESN'T MY MOBILE PHONE COME WITH A CORD!

Those are essentially saying an equivalent of saying Attack on Titan has slow pacing. Because its something intentionally done because you cant have an atmosphere of slow building tension and fear in a fast paced anime. It just cant happen, and its why the manga fails to capture the atmosphere even half as well.

Rainbow_Dashtruction:

Charcharo:

Rainbow_Dashtruction:

You gave reasons why anime in general is bad, then used those reasons on Attack on Titan despite knowing well that none of them are present in Attack on Titan. Secondly, its madness to criticize something for doing something which adds to the quality of it.

Skyrim is bad because its open world! Anime should always be episodic! WHY DOESN'T MY MOBILE PHONE COME WITH A CORD!

Those are essentially saying an equivalent of saying Attack on Titan has slow pacing. Because its something intentionally done because you cant have an atmosphere of slow building tension and fear in a fast paced anime. It just cant happen, and its why the manga fails to capture the atmosphere even half as well.

Slow pacing aint bad. STALKER is slow paced.
Fast pace is not bad either.

The problem is the execution. Get it now mate :P ?

I prefer the Manga. It has other pros for me, such as being more accustomed to me (depends on my reading pace) and its bloodier, I find the Titans there scarier too.
The Anime is good all in all. I prefer the Manga. Just wondering why people never discuss Manga on this site, its usually just Anime.
Get it now? :P

Ohh and STALKER > Skyrim :D

Give my Chronos out of God of War any day. This is Tim Burton's work, I can tell.

This... This is actually not bad. I didn't expect this to be any good, but she makes it work somehow.

Charcharo:

Rainbow_Dashtruction:

Charcharo:

I prefer the Manga. It has other pros for me, such as being more accustomed to me (depends on my reading pace) and its bloodier, I find the Titans there scarier too.
The Anime is good all in all. I prefer the Manga. Just wondering why people never discuss Manga on this site, its usually just Anime.

Eh, I've always found with STALKER, its not that its slow paced, it really isn't. It's that it plays like your an NPC and their an army of protagonists. Their accuracy is just unfairly good when your weapons are shit right to the end of the game, and they always have far more health then you.

Rainbow_Dashtruction:

Charcharo:

Rainbow_Dashtruction:

Eh, I've always found with STALKER, its not that its slow paced, it really isn't. It's that it plays like your an NPC and their an army of protagonists. Their accuracy is just unfairly good when your weapons are shit right to the end of the game, and they always have far more health then you.

Its actually as slow pace as you make it.
100% wrong on the rest though. Other stalkers have same Health less accuracy and same class as weapons as you at the begiining stages of the game.
And nope, not exactly an army of protagonists... especially since all times you are coined as special

Charcharo:

Rainbow_Dashtruction:

Charcharo:

100% wrong on the rest though. Other stalkers have same Health less accuracy and same class as weapons as you at the begiining stages of the game.
And nope, not exactly an army of protagonists... especially since all times you are coined as special

You ALWAYS have less accuracy and heath, Or how is it late game enemies take 8x as much hits to kill, and how is it enemies can get consistant headshots for 300m with AKs.

Rainbow_Dashtruction:

Charcharo:

Rainbow_Dashtruction:

You ALWAYS have less accuracy and heath, Or how is it late game enemies take 8x as much hits to kill, and how is it enemies can get consistant headshots for 300m with AKs.

Except what you are saying is not true. Both gameplay and game files say it...
They have same health as you. Their armor has same values as yours.
You are just used to fighting completely inferior enemies in games, where even elite units usually have 2/3 of the player's health and MUCH worse accuracy.

Even on Master difficulty enemies cant hit you with AKs from 300 meters... or even 100 meters. At least not consistently.
You on the other hand can with assault rifles hit consistently up to 150 if you see the enemy.

And no, even Exoskeleton soldiers drop in few shots from 5.56 Armor Piercing and 9mm HV ammo. Lower grade pistols with shit penetration though... I see hundreds of shots if they aint head shots.

Yes, without mods.

Charcharo:

Rainbow_Dashtruction:

Charcharo:

Except what you are saying is not true. Both gameplay and game files say it...
They have same health as you. Their armor has same values as yours.
You are just used to fighting completely inferior enemies in games, where even elite units usually have 2/3 of the player's health and MUCH worse accuracy.

Even on Master difficulty enemies cant hit you with AKs from 300 meters... or even 100 meters. At least not consistently.
You on the other hand can with assault rifles hit consistently up to 150 if you see the enemy.

And no, even Exoskeleton soldiers drop in few shots from 5.56 Armor Piercing and 9mm HV ammo. Lower grade pistols with shit penetration though... I see hundreds of shots if they aint head shots.

Yes, without mods.

Then I guess the game fucking lies because on normal difficulty I HAVE been consistently hit by AKs from over 300m away. So far away that on my fucking 1280x800 laptop screen I can barely see them at that resolution when I know they are there. Meanwhile my best assault rifle if aimed on them can hit up to 1.5m to their sides. They MUST do something different because the game has registered exactly three hits on me that have killed me with low grade weaponary, while they have take 15 shots of a better gun. It also doesn't fucking help that its possible for them to react faster then a human being could WHEN BEING AMBUSHED. (about one tenth of a second, which is about three times faster then the average human being at their best)

This is not a 'discussion' this is how the game fucking works. If you insist on saying we have equal stats, your a god damn liar.

The ONLY time you can outmatch the enemy at reactions is if you have someone to distract them, in which case they have the most hilariously slow re-targeting its not even funny. Actually generally, as long as they've already targeted you and then lost track on you, they have strangely bad reactions. I'm saying a full two seconds to reaction. Of course, right to the end of the game they are capable of insta killing you on first notice, something you are never capable of.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here