Watch The Queen's Guard Perform the Game of Thrones Theme

Watch The Queen's Guard Perform the Game of Thrones Theme

Watch The Queen's Guard perform the Game of Thrones theme during the changing of the guard. You're royally welcome.

Ever wanted to hear The Queen's Guard play the Game of Thrones theme from HBO's hit TV series? If you do, you just got your wish. Shown in the video is a three-minute clip where the TV series' theme song is being played live by The Queen's Guard during the changing of the guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace. Fortunately for us, tourists were there and managed to record the entire thing. HBO has since confirmed that the performance was timed to coincide with Queen Elizabeth II's visit on the Game of Thrones set.

For other Game of Thrones news here on The Escapist, make sure to read up on how Sean Bean could return as Ned Stark in the show, see which directors are helming season 5's 10 episodes, and accept the fact that we won't be getting a Game of Thrones movie anytime soon -- at least according to HBO.

What do you make of the performance? And have you seen a rendition as impressive?

Source: YouTube via Winter is Coming

The Queen's Guard does a changing of the guard in French for the first time in history (since it was French Canadians going so), no one bats an eyelash.

Does music from an overrated show: everyone looses their minds.

I thought the guards were suppose to be serious 24/7? I mean I remember reading an article that one of the guards got sacked for doing the "What's upp!!!" over the phone when he was off duty.
None the less this is pretty epic, so what's the Queen house be called and the house motto?

Scarim Coral:
None the less this is pretty epic, so what's the Queen house be called and the house motto?

I could always recycle the joke that went round when the Queen was visiting the Game of Thrones set.

Windsor is Coming!

But that would be cheesy, so I won't

Well, I guess so far she has been winning the Game of Thrones.

they do this kind of thing a lot, it's good for practice and raising military support, when the Gurkhas visited my school the band played all kinds of stuff like the Indiana Jones and Jurassic park themes, it's quite a show to see bands marching to the star wars main theme. i imagine is would be similar in america or does your military not have marching regiments?

Hmm, I guess having the royals around can actually raise a few interesting moments from time to time.

Oh! I heard the game of thrones theme and I thought a monarch might die a horrible death. 0/10 disappointed.

Oh Oh, do the Rains of Castemere next!

notred360:
they do this kind of thing a lot, it's good for practice and raising military support, when the Gurkhas visited my school the band played all kinds of stuff like the Indiana Jones and Jurassic park themes, it's quite a show to see bands marching to the star wars main theme. i imagine is would be similar in america or does your military not have marching regiments?

We've got military marching bands but - and I can only speak for myself, having never really lived in proximity to any military bases - they're not as well known as the Queen's Guard. Even I know about them, if only vaguely as the guys who aren't to react when folks come by to mug for photos with them. I hadn't known they were also known for their band, but it stands to reason.

Over here a closer parallel for mixing popularity with esprit de corps might be college marching bands. Not my cup of tea, but folks who hail from the big colleges go ape over 'em.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6YB6cUc_-c

I also associate them with stuff like this...

http://btn.com/2013/10/19/check-out-what-michigan-state-band-did-at-halftime/

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here