Avengers: Age of Ultron Concept Art Posters - Final Update

Calling it now: the final poster reveal will be the Vision.

Of course, now that I've said that, it'll blatantly end up being Hawkeye.

Kmadden2004:

Vision. I knew I was forgetting someone. Going to add that in as an edit. Thank you.

Despite black widow showing a little cleavage - then I actually feel that her and Scarly both look surprisingly... not pinupy... in these posters.

Like, they're pushing out their butt or chest - but they're just knee-deep in the action like everyone else

I see a Hawkeye arrow tip to the lower right, and I see a blue streak in the upper background that I bet represents Quicksilver who will be in the far upper left. I haven't seen any evidence in what has been shown so far that indicates an appearance by Falcon, Rhodey or the Vision, but who knows what the last four posters will reveal.

McGuinty1:
I see a Hawkeye arrow tip to the lower right, and I see a blue streak in the upper background that I bet represents Quicksilver who will be in the far upper left. I haven't seen any evidence in what has been shown so far that indicates an appearance by Falcon, Rhodey or the Vision, but who knows what the last four posters will reveal.

I totally see it now. One of the sources mentioned a hint towards Quicksilver, but I didn't see it. Thanks!

Mike Hoffman:

McGuinty1:

I totally see it now. One of the sources mentioned a hint towards Quicksilver, but I didn't see it. Thanks!

If you look behind Black Widow, there's a blue blur streaking across the horizon and a few Ultron drones being knocked around.

Oh, and you're welcome for the last post, btw :)

Kmadden2004:

I really do hope it's Vision! Now that I think about it, I am weirdly more excited for Vision than I am for Ultron.

Slightly off-topic, but I have two additional comments to make about this movie:

1. Joss Whedon better not forget to have Thor say, "Ultron, we will have words with thee."
2. Scarlet Witch is going to change the composition of Ultron's main body's exoskeleton, enabling him to be physically destroyed. Classic Scarlet Witch XD

I really wish studios would stop calling this "concept art". This is promotional illustration. Yes, it is generally done by the concept artists, but it is not concept art. Concept art is iterative work, generally very fast and loose work to nail down ideas. This is promotional illustration designed to create hype for a property. This article explains the situation better than I could. My time doing concept art consists mostly of quick sketches that we toss out the window in order to get somewhere close to where we want to be design-wise. I fucking wish all it was was doing awesome, dynamic illustrations.

McGuinty1:

Thor's going to be Far upper left. Quicksilver will be on the right by the way the bodies are falling around the blue streak.

Bottom right will be Hawkeye.. and those are some pretty long arrows..

McGuinty1:

It's fairly obvious it will be:

Far Upper Left - Quicksilver
Upper Left Center - Thor
Far Upper Right - Hulk
Far Lower Right - Hawkeye

Four Avengers, Four posters left, with obvious parts of those heroes or their gear visible already...

Makabriel:

McGuinty1:

Thor's going to be Far upper left. Quicksilver will be on the right by the way the bodies are falling around the blue streak.

Actually, Hulk will be upper right considering his arm is right there, and Mjolnir is directly to the left of Black Widow so I think Thor will be the poster to the left. Unless there is an additional column of posters to the right of Hulk and Hawkeye, I think that Quicksilver will appear far upper left. Note that the bodies appear to be flying to the left, suggesting that the movement of the cause of both streak and carnage is from right to left, hence will end up on the left side of the mosaic.

WarpedLord:

McGuinty1:

It's fairly obvious it will be:

Far Upper Left - Quicksilver
Upper Left Center - Thor
Far Upper Right - Hulk
Far Lower Right - Hawkeye

Four Avengers, Four posters left, with obvious parts of those heroes or their gear visible already...

My post was originally longer and explained all this but then I edited it down when I reread the article and saw that Mike had already notice the hammer and Hulk's arm. I came to the exact same conclusion as you.

McGuinty1:

Makabriel:

McGuinty1:

Actually, Hulk will be upper right considering his arm is right there, and Mjolnir is directly to the left of Black Widow so I think Thor will be the poster to the left. Unless there is an additional column of posters to the right of Hulk and Hawkeye, I think that Quicksilver will appear far upper left. Note that the bodies appear to be flying to the left, suggesting that the movement of the cause of both streak and carnage is from right to left, hence will end up on the left side of the mosaic.

Ehh, you're probably correct. But I still say Quicksilver's going to be on the right. The "pop up" effect of that group of robots indicates something hit them going left to right. Particularly the one under Black Widow's umm... right side. Everything else you say lines up (Hulk, Thor, etc).

Guess we shall see soon :D

McGuinty1:

Makabriel:

McGuinty1:

Bah..

http://www.slashfilm.com/avengers-2-concept-art/avengers2-concept-art-full/

Silly ragdoll physics being all wrong..

Bah, Quicksilver poster only gives a vague look at Vision. Still, he's looking pretty close to the comic version which is nice given how goofy the guy could look if done wrong

I didn't expect Vision to have a cape. I was kind of hoping for more of a closeup of him, but that'd probably be giving away too much.

Whadda you know, Vision showed up after all. Cool beans

As shit son, the Vision appear abliet not a clear look but none the less, awesome! It make me wonder what his new design will look like since the yellow, green and red colourscheme is such a colour clash and I expect him to resemblem one of the Iron Man suit one way of another due to the alter origin to Ultron.

Also I wonder how Scarlet Witch and Quicsilver will entered the fray (maybe the Iron legion found Strucker hideout and the Avengers liberated the twins)?

So...the Avengers taking on a swarm of generic, indistinguishable, foes doing the bidding of their true enemy? I'm not alone on this, yes?

Does anyone have any idea who the guy with cape in the background of the Quicksilver portion is?

tdylan:
So...the Avengers taking on a swarm of generic, indistinguishable, foes doing the bidding of their true enemy? I'm not alone on this, yes?

Yeah, I'm pretty excited! Ever since the alien invasion in the first movie, I was wondering how exactly the Avengers would get to pummel a horde of enemies again. Course I'm not too informed when it comes to Marvel lore, but this is shaping up to look like a spectacle, if anything!

Did anyone else besides me think that vision was magneto at first glance?

Oh man. I think all the classic Avengers comic fans just wet themselves at seeing the Vision looking like that. The floating. The billowing yellow cape. Just perfection. Hopefully that's what we get in the movie.

Good to see Hawkeye putting those hawk eyes to good use.

Not G. Ivingname:
Does anyone have any idea who the guy with cape in the background of the Quicksilver portion is?

Pretty sure it's Vision

Quicksilver looks amazing!

Hype!

Avengers: Age of Ultron Concept Art Posters - Final Update

Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron posters feature a massive showdown between our heroes and Ultron's army.

Read Full Article

That's alot of Ultrons.

Nowhere Man:
That's alot of Ultrons.

I'm worried about them being cannon fodder the the Chitari from the first Avengers movie. I'll still go see it in order to see how they/Ultron is used, but I'm really hoping it's not "fight your way through droves" again. They did that in Avengers, Stark and Rhodes did that in Iron Man 2, Thor (kinda) did that against the Frost Giants, Rogers took on (to a far lesser extent) scores of Hydra agents in "First Avenger," and we saw Widow taking down Hammer goons in IM2 as well. And realistically, how bad ass are these robots if Widow is able to take them in hand to hand? I think you get away with that once with the Chitari, but I'm not eager to see them fighting wave after wave of generic bad guys again.

My first instinct is "please let this just be promotional art."

tdylan:

Nowhere Man:
That's alot of Ultrons.

I'm worried about them being cannon fodder the the Chitari from the first Avengers movie. I'll still go see it in order to see how they/Ultron is used, but I'm really hoping it's not "fight your way through droves" again. They did that in Avengers, Stark and Rhodes did that in Iron Man 2, Thor (kinda) did that against the Frost Giants, Rogers took on (to a far lesser extent) scores of Hydra agents in "First Avenger," and we saw Widow taking down Hammer goons in IM2 as well. And realistically, how bad ass are these robots if Widow is able to take them in hand to hand? I think you get away with that once with the Chitari, but I'm not eager to see them fighting wave after wave of generic bad guys again.

You must be new to comics. What you are describing is pretty much every big fight in most every comic ever. The heroes fight the badguy's legions and eventually confront the villain himself.

Sorry to disappoint, but that's how it's going to be.

Makabriel:

tdylan:

Nowhere Man:
That's alot of Ultrons.

You must be new to comics. What you are describing is pretty much every big fight in most every comic ever. The heroes fight the badguy's legions and eventually confront the villain himself.

Sorry to disappoint, but that's how it's going to be.

You must not read a lot of comics, because they're not all like that. I gave up on comics after Spiderman's "Brand New Day," but even then, the "make the hero fight through waves of bad guys" trope was pretty well worn. For example, Spiderman didn't fight through waves of bad guys before confronting King Pin in "One More day." In fact, he didn't fight anyone. He snuck into Riker's island where Kingpin was being held, beat the shit out of him, and then said "This is how easy it is for me to kill you. When my aunt May dies (because of you), this is how easy it will be for me to kill you."

Superman didn't have to fight through waves of enemies before facing Doomsday. Batman has often had to fight through waves before facing his rogue, but that's because, to paraphrase yatzee "What are batman's foes except villains with really good human resources departments?" And comics need to fill lots of panels with lots of action/spectacle. Movies do as well, but having the next Avengers movie not evolve beyond the "wave after wave of bad guys until we ultimately pull the plug on them" of the first Avengers movie doesn't bode well.

What's odd is that in Age of Ultron, the "we took out the boss, so all his minions died as a result" would actually make more sense than the Chitari all dropping dead when the mothership was destroyed in the first Avengers.

In other news, isn't War Machine supposed to be in this one? Does the color scheme of Ultron and the red glow remind anyone of War Machine from Iron Man 2? War Machine was grey/metallic in color, with red eyes. Ultron has red glow going on. Just wondering if that's a coincidence.

tdylan:

Nowhere Man:
That's alot of Ultrons.

And realistically, how bad ass are these robots if Widow is able to take them in hand to hand? I think you get away with that once with the Chitari, but I'm not eager to see them fighting wave after wave of generic bad guys again.

From what I can tell from the poster, it looks like she's wielding electric gauntlets (which I'm guessing are supposed to be one of her signature weapons, since they cropped in both of the recent Avengers cartoons, I believe - haven't seen much of Assemble, and haven't read the comics to be able to verify against them), which would at least add some zap to her usual punches. Whether they're putting out enough power to take down a robot or not, or whether electricity is even a weakness of theirs (in which case, Thor might be just a wee bit more useful), but it could explain why she isn't useless.

/end nitpick

aaaand Fauxhawk still looks like a chump. Glad the only character in the MCU I care about is also handled the worst.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here