SDCC 2014: Kevin Smith's Tusk Trailer Makes a Man an Animal

SDCC 2014: Kevin Smith's Tusk Trailer Makes a Man an Animal

All that separates Man from Animals are the stories he tells. So ask the Walrus what he has to say ...

It started with Red State, will finish with Krampus and got its origin story from a Gumtree posting about a landlord willing to let someone live rent free if that someone agreed to dress up as a walrus. Say hello to the official trailer for Tusk, second in Smith's kinda-horror trilogy, in which things are going very, very wrong for one unlucky podcaster. His best friend and girlfriend will go searching the trackless wastelands of Canada for him, but you have to wonder whether they'll want to keep him after they find him.

The Gumtree posting turned out to be a fake, planted by a fella named Chris Parkinson who later was brought on board as a producer. The only reason this got made, as opposed to some movie about, I don't know, the eggman maybe, is because a majority of Kevin Smith's Twitter followers said #WalrusYes when asked the question, would you like to see this movie made? Turns out they did, so here we are.

Now, some of you out there may have a complicated relationship with Kevin Smith's career, and that's perfectly okay. However if you like the idea of chasing a would-be walrus maker in search of a missing podcaster, might be worth checking Tusk out. It's due September 19th, 2014.

Source: Tusk

I'm guessing that this is some sort of parody on all those horror movies. The premise is funny, now let's see if the actual movie will be.

Ah, I see that your article writing skills haven't improved one bit.

Adam Jensen:
I'm guessing that this is some sort of parody on all those horror movies. The premise is funny, now let's see if the actual movie will be.

from what ive heard its not really a parody...it's supposedly pretty dark and twisted.

i'm probably not going to see it...because tbh i don't like horror movies in any shape or form...but it'll be interesting to see what the people who do make of this "freaky" film.

PS it occurs to me maybe this thought should be held in mind :

"the internet said make this a film" itself fills me with no small amount of dread...

Looks... Interesting.

Sooooo it's Life of Pi meets Hostel meets Human centipede....directed by Kevin Smith....

I....don't...even....what?....but.....WHAT?

Unfortunately, i think the trailer gave a little too much away. However, i thoroughly enjoyed red state, and am looking forward to this.

I wonder what Moviebob will say about this, either way I pretty much getting the Huamn Centipede vibe from it.

I dunno, it seems weird, but maybe interesting?

Da fuck?

I can't tell if this is supposed to be a parody of Human Centipede or a ridiculous premise played totally straight for laughs.

Fuck it.... I'll bite.

But I'm getting hard whiplash from the tone here.

I am so jazzed for this movie!

Jodokh:
Fuck it.... I'll bite.

i think the tone might be best described as "fucked up".

i like Kevin but tbh the writing credits could honestly be attributed to "stoners & the internet"...

fair warning ;)

and pack your "what the fuck did i just see" memes probably...

Sleekit:

Jodokh:
Fuck it.... I'll bite.

i think the tone might be best described as "fucked up".

i like Kevin but tbh the writing credits could honestly be attributed to "stoners & the internet"...

fair warning ;)

and pack your "what the fuck did i just see" memes probably...

Sounds about right, but as long it entertains me I'm content.

Zhukov:
Da fuck?

I can't tell if this is supposed to be a parody of Human Centipede or a ridiculous premise played totally straight for laughs.

I seriously hope it's the latter because I can't take it seriously. The trailer looks like a parody to me.

captcha: time will tell

...and there goes any interest I had in this movie...

I loved everything about this trailer.

I like Justin Long. It also looks to have the kid from AI in. His face does not suit adulthood, man.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here