Ryan Reynolds Deadpool Test Footage Leaked - Update 6

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Ryan Reynolds Deadpool Test Footage Leaked - Update 6

deadpool footage

Recently leaked footage has provided nearly 2 minutes of Ryan Reynolds as the Merc With a Mouth.

Update 6: You have to say this for Fox, they are diligent. We have now removed the movie from the article.

Update 5: We have a more detailed look at exactly how the footage was leaked.

Update 4: IT LIVES!

Update 3: And now the vimeo link is gone again.

Update 2: The footage has popped up again, in much better quality.

Update: And just that quickly, the footage has been pulled off YouTube. We have removed the YouTube link from this story.

Original story: Despite having been in some lousy movies and giving some less than sterling performances, Ryan Reynolds is not a bad actor. In fact, given the right role, he can be pretty good. The real question, of course, is what the right role is. That in mind, recently leaked footage would seem to indicate that the answer is Deadpool.

Marvel's premiere purveyor of sarcastic meta humor, Deadpool is the sort of character that'd be easy to screw up. Just look at X-Men Origins: Wolverine. That being the case, the aforementioned test footage of Reynolds in the role showcases a take on the character that's arguably about as spot on as fans could probably hope for. Following the Merc With a Mouth as he attacks an SUV full of thugs on a freeway, the footage is filled to the brim with dopey jokes and a general sense of humor that Reynolds just seems to deliver perfectly.

What's sad about this, of course, is that this footage supposedly derives from the long in limbo Deadpool film, of which Reynolds is the star. This is the same film, of course, that was originally announced back in 2009 following the box office success of X-Men Origins. In other words, it's been in the works for five years with almost nothing to show for it. Granted, Reynolds himself has said as recently as March the movie's still going to happen. This "leak," likewise, could very easily have be an intentional one by the studio to gauge interest. That said, we're going hold off on holding our breath for this one. What do you think of the clip and, moreover, of the film's chances of ever making it to theaters.

Source: io9

As long as it is Rated R. Otherwise I'd rather see Marvel come up with a different origins story that doesn't involve Mutants.

Well that's a thousand times better than Origins' version of Deadpool. I wonder if they will try to explain away why he's different from that movie, or if they won't even mention it.

Seems pretty spot on to me, Deadpool is suppose to be a guy you both love and hate and I think they've nailed his personality to a T. Reynolds did a great job.

Yeah I just don't think it's happening. Reynolds has been too much of a box office bomb since Origins, and that coupled with the fact the only way to do the role right (and to get the production staff and Reynolds to actually agree to do it) is for it to be R, and Fox just won't let that happen.

Jeremy Dawkins:
Well that's a thousand times better than Origins' version of Deadpool. I wonder if they will try to explain away why he's different from that movie, or if they won't even mention it.

I imagine if someone asks, Deadpool will just up and say "Yeah, I didn't like that rendition of me. I mean sewing my mouth shut? Can you imagine? Haha! I took care of the guy who decided to do that." [Points a thumb back at about 5 small bags dripping with blood.]

If they ever made a Deadpool movie that was exactly like that then I will be all over it because that was nicely done.

It might even make me forget how terrible Reynolds was as the Green Lantern.

The video was taken down by Fox, they issued a copyright claim, can anybody find another version of the video?

Samsont:
The video was taken down by Fox, they issued a copyright claim, can anybody find another version of the video?

I'd like this too. Or at least a recap of what happened, please?

Chessrook44:

Jeremy Dawkins:

I imagine if someone asks, Deadpool will just up and say "Yeah, I didn't like that rendition of me. I mean sewing my mouth shut? Can you imagine? Haha! I took care of the guy who decided to do that." [Points a thumb back at about 5 small bags dripping with blood.]

It was the Katana/Adamantium blades coming out of his wrists that really ticked me off. It didn't make any sense and seemed just like a "see how stupid and overpowered we can make him" kind of thing.

Would be cool if this movie ever gets released. I feel kinda Bad for Ryan Reynolds. I think he's a great actor but he's been put in some really shit movies recently.

Won't happen. Marvel don't want their movies to bomb, conversely, D.C don't seem to care if they succeed or not.

I would argue he is a bad actor, consider if you will, would the movies he has been in be bad (or as bad) if he weren't in them?

Zontar:
Yeah I just don't think it's happening. Reynolds has been too much of a box office bomb since Origins, and that coupled with the fact the only way to do the role right (and to get the production staff and Reynolds to actually agree to do it) is for it to be R, and Fox just won't let that happen.

Here you go then
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/02/28/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-update

And... the video already got taken down. Fox, look up the Streisand Effect. You might be dangerously close to pulling this off. I found a vid not 30 seconds after searching for "Deadpool Test Footage", though.

Anyway. After seeing this, I'm still not sure about a Deadpool movie. Sure they had to hold back on the jokes since this was just a test shoot. But the cgi look to his mask and the dopey stuff he had too say might not work. Better improve on these points for the finished product, Fox. He better jungle severed heads, too. No PG-13 "let's get the biggest audience possible while watering down the source material" BS.

josemlopes:

Zontar:

Here you go then

From 2012, that doesn't inspire confidence now does it?

Zontar:

josemlopes:

Zontar:

Here you go then

It was mainly to show that at least Ryan Reynolds doesnt mind the R rating. Fox on the other hand... we will see.

josemlopes:

Zontar:

josemlopes:

Here you go then

It was mainly to show that at least Ryan Reynolds doesnt mind the R rating. Fox on the other hand... we will see.

I don't think you looked at my first comment right, I said he and the production staff wanted it to be R, and that it was Fox that would never let it fly.

Samsont:

You can kind of find it on youtube if you search for it. I watched it and it looked like it was CG with Reynold's voice instead of him in a costume...

It didn't look very R Rated to me...maybe PG-13...

Jeremy Dawkins:

this is how I imagine it:

-Deadpool is sitting on his couch reading a Playboy-

Deadpool: -humming to himself-

-The Reboot Wave from Days of Future Past hits-

Deadpool: Whoa man, WHAT'S GOIN' ON HERE!?

-Reboot Wave passes-

Deadpool: O....kay? What was that abo- -tilts head at something in the magazine- Whaddya MEAN Coppola never made One From the Heart?

Being the only other character who remembers anything about the past timeline, Deadpool gains fourth wall awareness and decides "Fuck it" and thus goes on wacky adventures.

Anyway, that's definitely Deadpool. The fourth wall, the wacky antics during the fight, and of course the goofy violence. It would difficult to convince Fox of making it R-rated, but maybe if they kept the budget down (which is possible given that Deadpool can function without horrendous spectacle) it could work for the studio.

Here is a link to the footage if anyone is interested:

http://a.pomf.se/bxvoow.webm

Looks good to me, hopefully they go ahead with it :D

HOLY SHIT. Ryan Reynolds' dialogue and delivery was perfect in that.

MAKE. THIS. HAPPEN. FOX.

Ryan Reynolds

Everything with him in it is bad.

FancyNick:
Would be cool if this movie ever gets released. I feel kinda Bad for Ryan Reynolds. I think he's a great actor but he's been put in some really shit movies recently.

What makes me feel less bad for him having a string of recent box office bombs is this article I read awhile back in which he said he was either gonna do this movie(Deadpool) or RIPD:

http://io9.com/5643487/ryan-reynolds-ill-be-in-either-deadpool-or-ripd-but-probably-not-both

And unfortunately we all know how well the latter movie did.

RatGouf:
As long as it is Rated R.

Never gonna happen mate.

Video removed. Darn.

Jeremy Dawkins:

I'd honestly hope they don't mention it.

Or maybe mercilessly take the piss out of it.

I think Reynolds "bombs" weren't his fault, he just got tossed in some piss poor movies and did what I'd do in those situations, take the check and move on to the next project. His humor and wit are perfect for the Merc with a Mouth, and I don't really see anyone else having the smug confidence and delivery mixed with the physical attributes (I don't mean his face) to go with it. He's been screwed by poor editing and crap scripts, but his performances weren't bad, but being the best part of a bad movie doesn't help.

giort08:

I'd watch the hell out of that movie. Is it just me though or did that footage seem to be largely CG? Not complaining of course, I just can't quite tell given the camera quality.

Jeremy Dawkins:

Apparently, in the screenplay that was intended for the movie (that the YouTube video is a test for), there's a scene where Deadpool is clearing out his apartment and he picks up the action figure for the post-surgery/sewn mouth version of the character from X-Men: Origins. He makes a comment along the lines of "damn, this brings back some painful memories" before chucking it in the trash.

Quazimofo:

giort08:

I'd watch the hell out of that movie. Is it just me though or did that footage seem to be largely CG? Not complaining of course, I just can't quite tell given the camera quality.

It's CG, animated and rendered by Blur Studios (they of the pre-rendered trailers for the Arkham games, and DC Universe Online's opening cinematic), with Ryan Reynolds on performance capture duties.

Burst out laughing most of the way through that, I wish FOX would take a risk on this rather than squeezing the last drops of rancid milk out of family guy/simpsons

Nurb:
Ryan Reynolds

*ring, ring*

Yes? Yes, I'll tell him.

*hangs up the phone*

Smokin' Aces called; he wants you to get your facts straight.

It looked like video game footage to me, don't think it's legit.

There are rarely good R rated comic book films, so I'm not holding my breath

Nurb:
Ryan Reynolds

Nope. He fucking nailed it in Ted.

Verlander:
It looked like video game footage to me, don't think it's legit.

There are rarely good R rated comic book films, so I'm not holding my breath

Yea, all the people were CG. It was a bit off-putting. Maybe that's their game plan for the over-the-top violence, or maybe it's just a proof of concept, or maybe it's a fake or vidyagame footage.

Also, there's no way he could draw his sword so quickly and smoothly inside of the SUV like he did.

Spaceman Spiff:

Yea, all the people were CG. It was a bit off-putting. Maybe that's their game plan for the over-the-top violence, or maybe it's just a proof of concept, or maybe it's a fake or vidyagame footage.

As far as a two minute test reel goes, I don't mind that it was CG. This could be off-putting as a full movie, though.

Also, there's no way he could draw his sword so quickly and smoothly inside of the SUV like he did.

It's deadpool. He's physically interacted with his thought balloons before. I'm not sure reality has any place here.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked