Megan Fox: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Haters Can "F*ck Off"

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Megan Fox: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Haters Can "F*ck Off"

Megan Fox April

Don't like the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles live-action movie? April O'Neil has a special message for you.

In case you didn't know, Megan Fox will be playing reporter April O'Neil in Michael Bay's live-action adaptation of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Now, if you're not warm to the idea of a new TMNT film, the actress has a rather straightforward message for you "haters," which she delivered in a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles press conference held on Friday in Los Angeles. The panel, which not only included Fox but also co-star Will Arnett, director Jonathan Liebesman and a number of writers and producers, was asked how they felt about some of the fans' backlash against the film. Fox responded by referencing the Michael Bay movie franchise that made her a household name and well, go read it for yourself.

Let me tell you something about those people. How much money did Transformers 4 make? Exactly. Those people can complain - they all go to the theater. They're gonna love it - and if they don't love it, they can fuck off, and that's the end of that.

Important to note that it's not only fans who have aired concern over the film, but even Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles co-creator Peter Laird thinks that it shouldn't "fix what isn't broken." Not sure if he's lumped in with the "haters" Fox wants to fuck off, though. While Fox is busy wishing she'd star in a Sailor Moon action movie, you can check out our extended look at the new TMNT footage that was shown at the San Diego Comic-Con.

Regardless of Fox's crass outlook, do you think she has a point? Even if people complain, will they watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles anyway once it hits theaters next week (August 8) just like they did for Transformers 4?

Source: Cinema Blend

You don't like pandering horse shit? Well, fuck you!

How is she still getting work again, and why should we care about what she has to say on the matter? And why the hell does Fox want HER of all people to star in a sailor moon movie?

Oh, people happen to dislike the latest turd Micheal Bay shit out? And you're getting prissy about it?

Get over yourself.

Let me tell you something about those people. How much money did Transformers 4 make? Exactly. Those people can complain - they all go to the theater. They're gonna love it - and if they don't love it, they can fuck off, and that's the end of that.

As much as I don't care for Megan Fox as an actress, this is just straight from the horse's mouth.

I can appreciate this level of honesty.

Classy Megan Fox, really classy. __ I guess PR isn't your strong suit is it? Along with acting and doing anything other than flaunting your body all over the place.

Ah Megan, displaying the same sensitivity and tact that landed her a part in Transformers 3.

Still, if I had as much money as her to fling around I'd be about that tactful too, so good for her.

i will as soon as she does.

Casual Shinji:

As much as I don't care for Megan Fox as an actress, this is just straight from the horse's mouth.

I can appreciate this level of honesty.

Eh...it's assuming that the people who disliked Transformers 4 also went to go see it. I didn't. It also assumes that the people who went to see Transformers 4 actually liked it. Jeremy Jahns didn't. It's just a lot of assumptions.

With a nice big cherry of pretentious on top.

And you can send a message from me that I will never see it because I'm sick to death of shitty remakes squandering time and talent. I never liked Megan Fox, she's nothing unique, and for all I care she can go straight to hell.

There will be people that won't be interested that will somehow still see it. Of course we don't know exactly why, and neither do they, but it was never a fucking excuse to ignore criticism. Well they just don't give a shit do they, because you basically sell your integrity when it comes to milking the shit out of franchises.

I'm having difficulty following Fox's chain of logic. She references Transformers 4's budget, then says fans can complain, then goes on about how the fans go to a theater (wat?), then says the fans will like the TMNT reboot movie, then pulls out the F-bomb against complaining fans.

I don't follow at all.

Alright! finally Ms. Fox grows a backbone, more power to her because I would say the same thing to anyone who doesn't like my work. It looks like she is finally getting there I just hope she can turn that reaction into some real acting chops.

Well, that was... subtle. But you know what? She's absolutely right. There are people that say that they already hate this movie that will inevitably spend their money on a ticket anyway; just so that it will give them more fuel to throw on the fire, I guess.

I've never been a huge TMNT fan, but just from the trailer, I see that it looks like a Ninja Fucking Turtles movie. Maybe it'll even be good. Granted, I'm not about to hold my breath, or buy a ticket for that matter.

Lets see, she's a bitch. But thats just what ppl class as a good movie now. If it makes loads of money its a great movie even thou its a steaming pile of shit they still had to pay to see it so that price = a happy movie viewer. Not like i could have walked out of transformers 2 and demand my fucking money back. Id get told to fuck off.

Nazulu:
...but it was never a fucking excuse to ignore criticism.

Wild success is a fantastic reason to ignore haters and double down on pleasing existing fans. You don't make money by not having anybody dislike your work, you make money by having enough people like it, and if you've got that, the rest don't really matter so much.

But pissing off your fans by pandering to people who don't like your work in the first place, is a great way to lose your existing audience without gaining a new one.

I wonder if Ms. Fox is aware that people pay to see the movie before actually seeing it.

Sort with Mz Fox on this.

I mean, yeah, the movie is likely going to be awful. We all know this...but then lots of people are going to pay to see it anyway despite knowing what it's likely to be like. It's going to be massively popular.

I can respect what looks like a total lack of PR spin.

(Though, I suspect that she might feel some kinship for the movie, also making lots of money despite everyone nominally hating her)

erttheking:
Eh...it's assuming that the people who disliked Transformers 4 also went to go see it. I didn't. It also assumes that the people who went to see Transformers 4 actually liked it. Jeremy Jahns didn't. It's just a lot of assumptions.

With a nice big cherry of pretentious on top.

I didn't either. I also didn't bother with Transformers 3. But you can bet your ass there are thousands of people who will go and see it just so they can complain about how shitty it was. It was the same thing with the Twilight movies -- Internet critics were falling over eachother to chip in on how much the latest sequel sucks. Meanwhile the filmmakers are laughing all the way to the bank.

Huh, weird. She says f u to the people who hate the new TMNT movie and yet, she call Michael Bay "Hitler" even though he is also involve in making the movie. Sounds like a b****h after getting paid more, even though she has been 'abused' by the same person who puts her to fame, in some way.

As if I needed another reason not to go see this movie.

Criticism =/= Hatred

*thinking*

"Hater" is yet another word that humanity should lose the privilege of using.

I think I like Arya's response better.

Honestly I'm just happy she had the brass to tell people to "fuck off" instead of coming out with some manufactured, publicly acceptable argument.

Brian Tams:
As if I needed another reason not to go see this movie.

Criticism =/= Hatred

*thinking*

"Hater" is yet another word that humanity should lose the privilege of using.

Ya pretty much.

I think its everyone's right to be able to offer up criticism. To dismiss that as 'hatred' misses the point entirely - and is likely the fast lane route to Shamalan territory

With that attitude she should work for Microsoft's Xbox division, too bad for her Don Mattrick left because those two would've worked well together.

Can we all please stop with spelling curses with stars in it? This is the internet, everyone knows what you're saying, and there aren't any filters here. And it makes you look frankly childish and unprofessional. She said fuck, not f*ck.

Pyrian:

Nazulu:
...but it was never a fucking excuse to ignore criticism.

Wild success is a fantastic reason to ignore haters and double down on pleasing existing fans. You don't make money by not having anybody dislike your work, you make money by having enough people like it, and if you've got that, the rest don't really matter so much.

But pissing off your fans by pandering to people who don't like your work in the first place, is a great way to lose your existing audience without gaining a new one.

Wild success is not a fantastic reason to ignore criticism. It really depends what it is, and if you're known for being repetitive or shit at something, then it may drag you down to nothing in future. Either becoming stale or having your negatives outweigh everything else and become forgotten. Hell, we know a great artist is one that tries to improve, but I guess they're not really artists.

And your last sentence isn't based on anything.

AstaresPanda:
Lets see, she's a bitch. But thats just what ppl class as a good movie now. If it makes loads of money its a great movie even thou its a steaming pile of shit they still had to pay to see it so that price = a happy movie viewer. Not like i could have walked out of transformers 2 and demand my fucking money back. Id get told to fuck off.

You summarized today's Hollywood.
If it is marketing success, then it is "fing perfect movie and no one allowed to criticize"

Really megan, really?

Well , if that's your answer.. I mean i was gonna try the movie (not in theatres but when it came out on DVD) but if that's you're attitude I'll wait till it hits network cable.

I mean you know a film may have problems when an actress starts acting like that. I mean Marvel certainly hasn't had that problem with say...Guardians of the Galaxy... which kicked ass.

Seriously though I think people sorta missed.. I mean the turtles look bloody huge.. Should be called Teenage Mutant Pro-Wrestler Turtles.

I wish she would fuck off and get out of my movies, or all movies for that matter. :<

To be fair, if I was as rich as her I wouldn't care what some nerds like me thought either.

Classy as hell! Still, she's not wrong. At the end of the day this movie is still probably going to make more money than God, ugly-ass turtles and all.

Due to the oversaturation of superhero films, I was mildly disinterested in this one.
After reading this, I have decided entirely to not watch it in any form

She does have a point, which scares me to think there's a subtle side to Fox... Hell I don't know her personally so I can't really judge her, that was rude of me.
But she has an underlying point, whether she notices it or not; The past few Bay movies are made to be consumed, they're not deep, not all too perfectly scripted but they hit the right high notes of action and fun. Its a misdiagnosed ADHD kid's dream, its how we all used to imagine in one form or another our made up stories with toys... Not quite as awesome as an adult, but one can appreciate them for what they are.
And they do tend to make fucking money. Why else would there be 4 Transformer movies, and one even has fucking Marky Mark. When you have Marky Mark, you've hit the level of cool that doesn't need to be a highbrow movie. (I think Wahlburg is all kinds of awesome... the dude has ham down to a science, and it works for him). If the movies are fan service, so the fuck what? Transformers never honestly had the best writing, it was a TV show made solely to market fucking toys and holy hell did it work. Hell Bay's versions aren't any worse than the show's writing.

Anyway, I went a bit overboard but she's right, however crass she put it. It galls me that folks complain about something they don't like being successful. Its all about subjectivity, and some shit is going to be popular as hell. Really who cares? I don't expect the TMNT movie to be super-deep best writing ever awesome, I'm not even going to pan it for being a Bay movie, I happened to enjoy most of his stuff for what it is. If I go to see it, which I probably won't since theater experiences are becoming a once in a while thing. Its fine to complain I guess, but its a bit narcissistic to think two differing opinions about something can still both be correct. Oh just another odd fact, TMNT would never have been super awesome had it not been for it having another marketing cartoon to sell toys to kids. Which also worked. (Happened with GI Joe too). Sucks for the TMNT comic, the original that is, because it was an awesome story (which they used parts of in the original TMNT movie) but the studios always want to play it safe with their IPs these days...

It would be much better PR to just go, "I hope you'll see the movie for yourself and form your opinions until AFTER the film is released" (which also encourages fans on the fence to take a plunge rather than walk away).

She might be a shallow bimbo, but in this case I agree with her. Kind of. I support her attitude at least. I have no interest in this movie whatsoever, but what is the point of hating it? What difference does the existence of this movie have in your life? Let people have their fun with it. It shouldn't bother you.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here