Danganronpa 2 Screenshots Indicate New Class Trial Minigames

Danganronpa 2 Screenshots Indicate New Class Trial Minigames

New elements to class trials in Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair include skateboarding and heated rebuttals.

NIS America released new screenshots for Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, the sequel to last year's Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. The screenshots show some of the cast of the sequel and new elements to the class trials.

Three of the mini-games NIS America describes are Logic Dive, Hangman's Gambit, and Rebuttal Shutdown. Hangman's Gambit will be familiar to anyone who has played the first game; players must spell out key evidence using letters flying across the screen. This time players can fuse letters to form larger, stationary letters that are worth more points. However, these letters can explode if you're too slow to use them. Mismatched letters can collide and significantly damage your health.

In Rebuttal Shutdown, characters won't let players talk uninterrupted. Characters will interrupt the player mid-argument, resulting in a heated one-on-one verbal duel.

The newest addition is Logic Dive, a colorful skateboarding minigame. Gliding on a glowing path, the player will be interrupted by questions. Answering correctly leads to the correct path, and wrong answers will throw the player off course.

The Closing Argument minigame will remain in Danganronpa 2 from the first. Players explain the case from start to finish through a comic strip, selecting and arranging images in the correct order.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair launches on the Vita in North America on September 2 and in Europe on September 5.

Source: Siliconera

Who do I need to punch so I give them my money faster?

And what about Bullet Time Battles? That was my favorite minigame in the first part. Hangman's Gambit was meh though, let's see if the new version will improve it somehow.

Last week I beat Trigger Happy Havoc for the third time to recall all the plot points in time for a sequel. The first game ended without answering a couple of very important questions, so I'm itching to see where this is all going. September cannot come soon enough.

Yossarian1507:
And what about Bullet Time Battles? That was my favorite minigame in the first part. Hangman's Gambit was meh though, let's see if the new version will improve it somehow.

Last week I beat Trigger Happy Havoc for the third time to recall all the plot points in time for a sequel. The first game ended without answering a couple of very important questions, so I'm itching to see where this is all going. September cannot come soon enough.

Bullet Time Battles are re-incarnated as "Panic Talk Attack" (possibly different name in english, but that's what the Japanese version calls 'em)

It's almost the same thing, but the "kill shot" is different, "ie, you contruct shot the answer to them" you don't use evidence.

Like the screen looks like this, minus the hyphens. (just an example, not a spoiler)

Opposer: Where, WHERE WAS THE MURDER WEAPON HIDDEN THEN?

----------------------Triangle: Cookie

Circle: Jar--------------------------------------------X: the

-----------------------Square: Inside

*press Square, then X, then Triangle, then circle*

*fire "Inside the Cookie Jar" at them*

This isn't new, all these minigames are carried over from the japaneese release, ergo anyone who's read/watched a translated LP already knew about all this stuff (plus we've been making jokes about that snowboarding minigame on Tumblr for well over a year now).
It is nice that the localization isn't canning any of this for being "too Japanese" though, I've seen that happen way too many times in the past.
Still pissed about Syo's American name change though...

Madame_Lawliet:
ergo anyone who's read/watched a translated LP already knew about all this stuff

And those who haven't? I loved Trigger Happy Havoc enough to know I want to play this one, but due to the nature of the game I don't really want to look anything up in advance for fear of spoilers, so this info is new to me. Though as someone who's read the books of Game of Thrones surrounded by people who only watch the show I am feeling a certain irony here...

Glad to hear some of the minigames are being tweaked though, would be dull to have too much recycled. Looking forward to this! Interested that I don't recognise any of the cast in these screenshots, will be nice to see how the events of the first game factor in.

Really looking forward to this title, any gameplay adds will be appropriated but its all about the story/characters, and the solving of the cases to me.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here