Assassin's Creed: Rogue Revealed in Leaked Trailer - Update 2

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Assassin's Creed: Rogue Revealed in Leaked Trailer - Update 2

A trailer page indicates Assassin's Creed: Rogue will launch November 11 for the Xbox 360, but a PS3 version is also likely.

Update 2: The trailer is now officially online and available for viewing. It is the same trailer that leaked earlier today.

Update: Game Informer revealed its September cover, confirming Assassin's Creed: Rogue. The cover features both Rogue and Assassin's Creed: Unity. Game Informer confirms that Rogue's protagonist is a templar named Shay who used to be an assassin. Beyond the freezing Atlantic, Shay will explore the Appalachian River Valley and New York, and the game takes place during the Seven Years' War, also known as the French and Indian War.

Original story: A low quality, leaked trailer appeared online earlier today, revealing Assassin's Creed: Rogue. The game features sailing gameplay and a Templar-supporting protagonist. Ubisoft has made no announcements about Rogue.

Ubisoft stated earlier this year that in addition to an Assassin's Creed game for current-generation consoles (Assassin's Creed: Unity), there would also be another game in the series on last-generation consoles. Codenamed "Comet," earlier details are in line with the new trailer. A Swiss retailer listing suggested the Comet project was Assassin's Creed: Rogue for Xbox 360 and PS3.

Previous reports for Comet suggested sailing would take place in the Atlantic Ocean. The trailer shows a character somewhere in the Arctic. An image of the Ultimate Hunter Pack allows people to see the protagonist's sword, which bears the Templar order cross. In the trailer, he uses his rifle to take aim at a person many people assume is an assassin. This would be a change of pace for the series, as the games have taken place from the assassin perspective with the Templars as the antagonists.

The trailer, previously on Dailymotion, is no longer available to watch. The page where it was hosted states it has been deleted. Reuploads to YouTube have been blocked as well.

If the trailer is correct, Assassin's Creed: Rogue will launch November 11 for last-generation consoles. A Ubisoft spokesperson said the company does not comment on rumors and speculations. However, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot had hinted at an Assassin's Creed game on the way for fans without a PS4 or Xbox One.

Source: Dailymotion (now pulled) via Kotaku

White guy? Check.
Stubble? Check.

Business as usual I see!

The idea of playing as a Templar sounds dangerously close to being interesting so I'm expecting it will be a ruse and you are actually an Assassin pretending to be a Templar for some reason that is never really explained. But at least there is sailing right?

CriticalMiss:
White guy? Check.
Stubble? Check.

Business as usual I see!

The idea of playing as a Templar sounds dangerously close to being interesting so I'm expecting it will be a ruse and you are actually an Assassin pretending to be a Templar for some reason that is never really explained. But at least there is sailing right?

Actually they already did that in 3 AND 4.
4 actually went one step further than your hypothetical by having you be a pirate pretending to be an Assassin who was defecting to being a templar.

OT: Unity has yet to show me anything to get hyped over, and now this comes out, and the Mehassin's Creed trend continues for me.

So the next-gen consoles get a new setting with some new gameplay elements, and the rest of us get more sailing in Colonial America. Oh well.

interested... but more details are needed

What? I still like the series and look forward to long winter nights playing Unity and potentially this bad boy too!

Seems like Unity is going to try to be like Assassin's Creed 3, while Rogue is going to be like Black Flag. I know which one I'm more interested in. :)

I was hoping this was Assassin's Creed: Rouge, and we were going to get to periodically break into anachronistic song.

CriticalMiss:
White guy? Check.
Stubble? Check.

Business as usual I see!

They spent billions on that stubble engine, so they're damn well gonna get their money's worth.

So, they announce yet another AC without even having released the last one they announced...
Anyone expecting anything other than a total trainwreck with both games?

Bindal:
So, they announce yet another AC without even having released the last one they announced...
Anyone expecting anything other than a total trainwreck with both games?

Not only that, but unless I'm misunderstanding then Rogue comes out like two weeks after Unity. That seems a bit bizarre.

People were already getting a bit peeved at yearly Ubisoft games. In their infinite wisdom, Ubsioft is now deciding that we need two!

Fantastic.

He sounds bored. It's like he's explaining this again to someone offscreen a hundred times before and he's tired of explaining this.
It's actually how I'm feeling about the franchise right now.

Bindal:
snip

ayvee:
[quote="Bindal" post="7.857243.21241996"]snip

They've said they'll be releasing two Assassin's Creed games this year since they announced Unity. This is something I'd also, get ready for this, congratulate Ubisoft for doing. They aren't completely abandoning the 360 and PS3 yet. Still giving them a new Assassin's Creed game. This could even help sales, owners of both new and old systems might buy both.

Oh no! A white dude! And what if he's straight! The horror!

You know something? If that is actually the story line, I might just try this, as my first play of an Assassin's Creed game- and it's totally like me to try the one where you (in theory) DON'T play as an assassin.

Getting sick of bad ass assassins, really.

I like the idea of hunting them.

Yup, totally up for playing a Templar. The Assassins creed universe is one I really enjoy. The dude in the trailers Irish accent is better than Kenways "Welsh" accent, but I do feel like he's gonna try and sell me a dag. My Mother should be pleased, she was a bit miffed that she wasn't gonna get to play any more AC till 2017, when the XBONE comes in cereal packets.

Most importantly though, do I get to kill French men? It /is/ set during The Seven Years War.

Zachary Amaranth:

They spent billions on that stubble engine, so they're damn well gonna get their money's worth.

I should hope so, Kenways beard that grew out when he was at sea looked like he had straw nailed to his face. ><

what a god awful and fake sounding irish accent would it really have been hard to get an IRISH person to do the voice

My major reaction to that trailer was, "Will someone please stick a shiv in this guy's neck while he's monologuing?"

kirwan464:
what a god awful and fake sounding irish accent would it really have been hard to get an IRISH person to do the voice

Ubisoft don't have the resources to animate female characters. You think they can afford to find Irish people?

That is a pleasant surprise. Another AC game :) its for old gen that is kind of 50-50 for me but hell we get 2 games in 1 year thats pretty awesome.
THe really interesting thing is how they kept it under wraps for so long and just dropped a bombshell on us out of nowhere!

Looks somewhat interesting, I don't like how they keep pushing these out so frequently... wait, is that a boat?
God fucking damnit.
I must be the only one, but I don't care, I hate that this series is now about boats. I want my Firenze and Rome back with beautiful architecture that you can climb and jump around on, I'm carefully optimistic about Unity though, it sounds like it could be what I want.
But I know they won't do the one thing I want them to do, make the game seriously harder. I would want an Assassin's Creed game where getting into a fight is not something you would want to do, I want more in depth stealth mechanics and very hard combat.

elvor0:

I should hope so, Kenways beard that grew out when he was at sea looked like he had straw nailed to his face. ><

What? SPOILERS, dude!

<.<

No, but that's pretty bad. On the other hand, that's what I expect from hair in games.

That's actually an interesting twist on the setup however it seems like that there won't be a PC version. Oh well... moving on.

It's kinda awkward seeing as the previous gen game looks a lot more interesting than the next gen version. Also, why no PC port?

So now Ubisoft are straight-up double dipping in the annual releases business? I mean I guess they were already doing that sort of but that was ONE console game and ONE Handheld game, that's a fair enough distinction for me, but TWO console games being released within weeks of each other? come on, atleast put a month or two between them for people to properly budget.

Who the hell keeps leaking these Assassin's Creed game trailers and info?! They must be stopped, I tell you! Heads will roll.... Call dailymotion. We're taking this sucker down. Yeah, block youtube, shut down all avenues for leaking our valuable intellectual property that is misrepresenting the company and hurting our business strategy. Whew, that was close....

*Hour or two later*

Okay, now release the trailer, plot, release date, protagonists name, and setting.

elvor0:
Yup, totally up for playing a Templar. The Assassins creed universe is one I really enjoy. The dude in the trailers Irish accent is better than Kenways "Welsh" accent, but I do feel like he's gonna try and sell me a dag. My Mother should be pleased, she was a bit miffed that she wasn't gonna get to play any more AC till 2017, when the XBONE comes in cereal packets.

Most importantly though, do I get to kill French men? It /is/ set during The Seven Years War.

Well... the VA of Edward Kenway is apparently actually a welshman. Originally they wanted him to do a more "suave english accent" but they ended up liking the more "rough" welsh Tone that they changed him to, well, a Welshman. Born in Swansea and everything.

So this year we're getting Assassin's Creed Red and Blue Versions. I think I'll take red because Charizard is my favorite.

Yeah, until they release a game with a female lead, Ubisoft's dead to me. I'm sick of this.

Ubisoft has a thing for the 18th Century. First AC III, then Liberation, then Black Flag, and Unity. I was wondering about what "Comet" meant.
Color me interested. The game straight up has you playing a Templar, and not hide it like it did with Haytham Kenway (odd are good he'll appear)? Cool. This appears to be set during the Colonial Assassin Purge, which Achilles Davenport and his homestead barely survived.

Am I the only one that finds it a little annoying that so many studios are flat out refusing to let last gen die? it really is time to move on.

So you're playing as a traitor in this one? Hm...I don't really care for people who are willing to turn their back on their entire beliefs and then go and kill their former friends. It's why I don't like Anakin too.

Are they going to try and make the Templars into the good guys now? Not that there's ever been a good side/bad side, but still...it seems like they're trying very hard to make the Templars into nice people now and they have the right idea. And seeing as there are barely any Assassins left, I guess that's what we'll end up doing.

Rebel_Raven:
Yeah, until they release a game with a female lead, Ubisoft's dead to me. I'm sick of this.

Done. Ubisoft is back alive again.

So, since Ubisoft has, quite literally, more female lead characters than any major publisher in the video game market, when do you intend to start buying more ubisoft games? After all you said that until they release a game with a female protagonist they're dead to you... and they've been doing that for quite a while. So now it looks like you wont need to hold onto that vow.

Witty Name Here:

Rebel_Raven:

Done. Ubisoft is back alive again.

So, since Ubisoft has, quite literally, more female lead characters than any major publisher in the video game market, when do you intend to start buying more ubisoft games? After all you said that until they release a game with a female protagonist they're dead to you... and they've been doing that for quite a while. So now it looks like you wont need to hold onto that vow.

I have liberation, and Child of light, and BG&E,(yay for my support doing any good!) but in light of the recent "No, you can't pay as women in AC Unity, but HEY! Here's a prominent woman... Look! You're RESCUING HER!" BS, and Farcry 4's lack of playable women, and so forth, It's "What have you done for me recently" or "what have you done in your latest releases."

So far, it's just the lil' war game that they've done recently.

The Tomb Raider sequel ain't out yet, and it's Square Enix, and not Ubisoft, IIRC.

Beyond Good and Evil's been out. Liberation is a port from Vita.

They're sure as heck aren't in any apparent rush to give is BG&E2.

Ubisoft's done quite a bit of damage recently over doing playable women any good.

Also Tecmo-Koei, Platinum, and Square, IMO, are currently beating Ubisoft's butt in as far as playable women in games with less bullshit.

the December King:
You know something? If that is actually the story line, I might just try this, as my first play of an Assassin's Creed game- and it's totally like me to try the one where you (in theory) DON'T play as an assassin.

Getting sick of bad ass assassins, really.

I like the idea of hunting them.

Until the very very end, Assassins Creed IV has you play a pirate who completely disagrees with the Assassin order. He was a badass yes, but he was about as far from morally righteous for most the game as you can get.

Rebel_Raven:

I have liberation, and Child of light, and BG&E,(yay for my support doing any good!) but in light of the recent "No, you can't pay as women in AC Unity, but HEY! Here's a prominent woman... Look! You're RESCUING HER!" BS, and Farcry 4's lack of playable women, and so forth, It's "What have you done for me recently" or "what have you done in your latest releases."

So far, it's just the lil' war game that they've done recently.

The Tomb Raider sequel ain't out yet, and it's Square Enix, and not Ubisoft, IIRC.

Beyond Good and Evil's been out. Liberation is a port from Vita.

They're sure as heck aren't in any apparent rush to give is BG&E2.

Ubisoft's done quite a bit of damage recently over doing playable women any good.

Also Tecmo-Koei, Platinum, and Square, IMO, are currently beating Ubisoft's butt in as far as playable women in games with less bullshit.

So since you have child of light and Beyond Good and Evil Ubisoft isn't exactly dead, since you're still buying their games.

And yes, I realize Far Cry 4 is horrendous, you're playing as a filthy piece of Asian Male CIS-trash. After all, those scumbags appear in every game, am I right? I mean honestly, in a game set in Asia they have to shoehorn in Asian characters, all to appeal to their freaking privilege. Am I right? Or am I right? /sarcasm

Aaaand the Tomb Raider sequel isn't out yet? Hate to break it to you, but that game I just posted the cover for has been out since 2013 and Ubisoft has published their fair share of Tomb Raider games as well.

Granted, I didn't realize there was a year long expiration date on Women's Rights so... how many years has it been since we passed universal sufferage again? Should we bring the bill up and pass it once more because it's probably "Expired" by now.

But oh no, they didn't castrate the main character of Assassin's Creed Unity at the hollering of a mob of people. The horror.

I'm terribly sorry that Ubisoft didn't scrap their game and rebuild it to completely annihilate Arno's manhood. After all, creating an entirely new model, new lines, changing the story, hiring a new voice actor to speak those lines and redubbing every mention of the word "Arno" as well as all male nouns or pronouns is quick, affordable, and easy, right?

Ubisoft is pretty much the only publisher out there that has games where you play as: an arab man, a black woman, an asian man, a welshman, a mulatto man, and more.

But because they didn't freaking castrate the male character of Unity, they're misogynists now. Tell me, why not holler about Far Cry 4? Instead of playing as a "aggravating asian man" you can be playing as a "wonderful white woman".

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here