Push For Pizza iOS App Will Change Your Life, Probably Make You Fat

Push For Pizza iOS App Will Change Your Life, Probably Make You Fat

One button press gets you the pizza of your dreams.

In today's "Why Did It Take So Long For Someone To Create This?" news...

It's a weeknight. You don't want to cook, you don't want to putz around on Eat24, etc. -- you just want to sit in your near-complete vegetative state while powering through that last season of Cheers on Netflix.

This is the scenario that Push for Pizza was made for, my friends.

Push for Pizza is a new iOS app that does exactly what it's name says -- you push a button, and your favorite pizza shows up one episode of Say Yes to the Dress later.

There are a few steps in-between for first-time users, naturally. But once you've installed the app (iOS only at the moment, I'm afraid), picked your supported pizza shop of choice, and plugged in your to-be-saved credit card number? Pizza will then forever be one app, and one screen tap away.

As far as availability goes, Push For Pizza uses the ordr.in platform, which then links the app up with sites like delivery.com. While some suburbanites might run into trouble finding linked-up pizza joints, city dwellers should be able to find a respectable pie with ease.

Source: The Verge

I will prob never use this as places like Papa Johns have tons of discounts for online ordering and I abuse the hell out of it.

50% pizza almost always is so good.

Of course it's only for iOS. (Tee-hee.)

Veldie:
I will prob never use this as places like Papa Johns have tons of discounts for online ordering and I abuse the hell out of it.

This, combined with PJ's own App that already exists which allows saved orders and a "re-order" option pretty much means I have no use for Push For Pizza. Nice effort though.

tangoprime:

Veldie:

This, combined with PJ's own App that already exists which allows saved orders and a "re-order" option pretty much means I have no use for Push For Pizza. Nice effort though.

Speaking of Pizza app's Pizza hut has prob one of the worst I have ever used. Its a damn chore

I think I would become broke before I would become fat.

P.S. Thanks

Push for Pizza isn't meant to replace your Domino's, Pizza Hut, or other corporate "Big Pizza" apps. It's meant to be a quick way to order pizza from a local mom & pop shop, assuming that shop is linked in with an online delivery service (which many are now).

-Devin Connors
Tech Editor, Pizza Snob

Devin Connors:
Push for Pizza isn't meant to replace your Domino's, Pizza Hut, or other corporate "Big Pizza" apps. It's meant to be a quick way to order pizza from a local mom & pop shop, assuming that shop is linked in with an online delivery service (which many are now).

-Devin Connors
Tech Editor, Pizza Snob

So what's the point in using it if I can't save tons of money on it like other pizza apps offer.

If it advertised a price reduction then it would gave more use but I can get a pizza from papa johns ordered in under a min and have it cost less then 7$.

I see no purpose for this app. So it needs to have something to make it better perhaps apply a way to give discounts.

Devin Connors:

-Devin Connors
Tech Editor, Pizza Snob

As the snobbiest of Pizza Snobs, I see little need for an app to replace apps I already don't use out of protest. An app however that connects to a nice local Pizzeria that doesn't server their Pizza on glorified toasted wonder bread and use Ketchup for sauce, is a god send, and deserving of my sincere consideration.

Good suggestion sir.

One of my fantasies... is now a reality. A button. That gives you PIZZA. WHAT A DAY TO BE ALIVE!

Except pretty much every pizza place already has their own app or mobile site which can already save orders, addresses, and card numbers. And if you have a favorite place already, chances are you already have done all these things.

The day I realized I could order meals to my dorm in college via the internet was the day that I cried for my soon to be destroyed body.

Its okay love handles, you put up a good fight. But now it is time to rest.

But thank God I have an Android phone, or I just may never leave the house again.

Too bad Canada seems to be outside ordr.in's jurisdiction.

Why wasn't this app made weeks ago since I wanted a Pizza last Monday but I didn't know which other nearest takeaway that did it when my prefered pizza joint were close on that day (of all the days)!!!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here