Watch the Beginning of the New TMNT's Final Fight With Shredder

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Watch the Beginning of the New TMNT's Final Fight With Shredder

Michaelangelo brings back his favorite battle-cry in extended scene from new movie

The Michael Bay produced reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles isn't in U.S. theaters until Friday, but the studio has released an extended teaser clip online: The lead-in to the climactic fight scene against the new power-armored Shredder.

In the scene in question, the Turtles are making their way to the roof of a skyscraper to prevent The Shredder from dispersing a mutagen bio-weapon over Manhattan. After narrowly avoiding confrontation with the new militarized incarnation of The Foot Clan, the brothers have a moment to chill and reflect (beatbox style) in an elevator before busting out to confront their nemesis - whereupon Raphael asks Mikey if he remembers "That thing you used to say when we were kids?"

Directed by Jonathan Liebesman and based on the 1980s comic-book/cartoon characters created by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles follows four humanoid turtles who use martial-arts training to prevent a supervillain and the evil biotech billionaire who helped create them from destroying New York City. The film is scheduled to open on Friday, August 8.

Source: CBM Trailers

Hey, guys, I got it, let's stick an impromptu beatboxing session right before our climactic final battle!

Hehe I liked it. I'm still a child inside though.

COWABUNGA!

This is not exactly filling me with confidence.

I'll say what I said when I first saw the trailer: looks like TMNT to me.

To be honest, I've always figured that the juvenile humor prevalent in Transformers might be more suitable for the Ninja Turtles...

I love how they dominate stealth. Like Ninjas.

I guess it doesn't look terrible. Still not enough to sway me. I'm skipping this one. Doesn't seem like my kind of humor. I can't stop this feeling, deep inside of me, I just realized this movie won't do it for me.

Wait- Shredder's just out there on the roof? No guards, nothing preventing I don't know... a drone strike or something?

Nope. Still not going to see it. I don't know what I expected but the scene, while not bad, still doesn't sell this film to me.

I won't lie. I laughed.

...I'm so ashamed.

Nope. Still not giving them my money. I'll just go see Guardians again.

I am not too sure on the movie, but this was a fun scene. Kind of like in A-Team when the guys were just having fun trying to fly a tank. I think I might give the movie a shot, since maybe the creators did set out to make an interesting and fun film. Maybe it won't be the best thing this summer, but I enjoyed this.

Not as terrible as I expected (but that's not really praise). Seems like they have the spirit of the characters down, but the overall plot still sounds stupid, and the character designs look even weirder than they did in the trailers.

Maybe it's just me, but the CGI looks god-awful.

At least the jokes aren't in the same crappy vein as Transformers though, I still will not go to see this movie.

Now that I've head the time to look at them longer than half a second before the next cut: their heads are so tiny! Ralphs biceps look bigger in some shots. Now that I looked again: they are bigger. It's like he took the Marcus Fenix Thick Necked Refrigerator exercise course. It looks weird.

I'll admit though, I thought the awkward silence in the elevator was pretty funny, until the beatboxing started.

Cliché? Yes. Does it also fit with the turtles? Yeah, it does. What can I say, I sorta giggled at it. I liked how the rest were all "Really?" when Michelangelo started it, but then they went "Ah fuck it" and joined in. It felt like a TMNT moment I gotta say, for so far I can recognize those.

I also gotta say that overall I sorta like their design. They all have their own unique look that goes beyond the colour of their masks and weapons. I like it, it might not be completely terrible and a fun little romp. Not that the plot'll be excellent or anything, but eh, as long as you go in with the right expectations I can see it being entertaining.

Except the noses. Fuck the noses.

Kid_Icarus55:
Hey, guys, I got it, let's stick an impromptu beatboxing session right before our climactic final battle!

I didn't have a problem with that, it got a chuckle out of me. But they where very not Ninja like in there actions but then look at the size of them.

Huh... I knew that "MC Mikey" bit would make me laugh if I heard it off-trailer style... and I was right...

Other than that, they do sound like the Turtles... So, there's that...

I'm just wondering what's going to be worse between this and The Expendables 3. Seriously, this has been an AWFUL summer for movies.

I'm kinda conflicted. I could see the Turtles in that clip. Raph was Raph. Mikey was Mikey. Leo and Don I can't really say much about, but they seemed in character. It even seemed funny.

But those character designs! My God. Especially Raph and Don. They are fucking awful. Raph looks like a Mack Truck and Don looks like he raided a Radio Shack.

Probably not gonna see it, since I think all my friends have no interest in it. But, I would actually suggest it to them if the character designs weren't so awful.

Those lips are still giving me nightmares, and I still can only imagine this Shredder saying "I'll get you next time Gadget!"

Aiddon:
I'm just wondering what's going to be worse between this and The Expendables 3. Seriously, this has been an AWFUL summer for movies.

Even with Guardians?

Chessrook44:

Aiddon:

Even with Guardians?

One film does not make up for all the other weeks that have SUUUUUUUUUUCKED. And that's before the financial standpoint where this has been one of the lowest-grossing years in recent memory.

Watching that send shudders down my spine.

And you gotta love the little quip against our childhood at the end there.

Gods do they look ugly.

As amusing as this was...somehow I still feel apprehensive...like I just saw the best scene in the movie. This is basically the scene they chose to sell us on the movie...the "saving throw" for the last holdouts. It's a pretty good one too, I will admit. However, if this really is "the big scene," then I...dunno.

I'm sure the movie will be fun, I don't know how much staying power it will have. Hell, at least I REMEMBER the first two turtle movies. I can't even remember most of the plot of "TMNT (4)," or anything that happened in any Transformers movies (barring the first one).

That was just horrible. The design of the turtles is awful. Knoxville's Leonardo doesn't sound right at all. The beatboxing bit was mildly amusing but what kind of pacing are they going for that they interrupt the final fight for an impromptu beatboxing session.

V4Viewtiful:

Kid_Icarus55:

I didn't have a problem with that, it got a chuckle out of me. But they where very not Ninja like in there actions but then look at the size of them.

Yes the size bothers me a lot too. Like how are they suppose to sneak around they all look like they are over 300 pounds at least.

I definitely didn't hate this, got a little kick out of the beatboxing session on the elevator. It felt... appropriate.

I like how they physically differentiated the Turtles rather than just all the same with different weapons and masks. I'm not gonna feel bad about seeing this at all. I'm not gonna lie. I know.. it's the coolest thing to automatically hate anything associated with Michael Bay... but that is stupid. He has had plenty of movies, not just Transformers, though people like to ignore that fact.

Aiddon:

No harm in your opinion, but every single summer there is someone like you saying that the movies suck so bad this summer. There has never been a summer full of all good movies, people just have a tendency to look back and only remember the good ones. The now colors the past.

SomebodyNowhere:
That was just horrible. The design of the turtles is awful. Knoxville's Leonardo doesn't sound right at all. The beatboxing bit was mildly amusing but what kind of pacing are they going for that they interrupt the final fight for an impromptu beatboxing session.

If you aren't gonna see it, cool. If you don't like Michael Bay, cool. But you cannot possibly tell anything about the pacing of the movie in a clip that is 1:47 long. Looks simply to me like they were injecting humor(or at least trying) into the fact that they are sitting on an elevator for 50+ floors. I would imagine they are going to try to put humor into as much of the movie as possible, which I am not against at all. If they do that half as well as they did it in Guardians of the Galaxy, it will be just fine.

Even though the frase MC Mikey was remotely funny i still disliked the rest

Well that was pretty awkward

Man, that clanging can't be good for Leo's sword blades.

Aaaaaaawwwww!!!!
When they ran and I saw the hundreds of badguys I was already expecting to relive the old Turtle fighting game from the SNES! Running forward with my brother beating down everything that came in our path!

Well, got a smile out of me with the elevator beatboxing.

Not sure if I'm going to watch this in the theathers, but I am going to watch it sometime, that's for sure.

You know what the character designs looks like? They look... Like some kind of mutant... turtles...

I'm really having no problem with the creature design. They always were bigger than a regular person, and it wasn't a problem in the previous movies or the cartoons. Here at least the muscle mass might make their feats of strength more believable.

Besides... They are turtles! Hardly creatures known for their lean physique!

What bothers me, honestly, is the Shredder and his military foot clan. Power armour? So we've gone from ancient assassin clan and their martial arts expert of a leader to.... Modern military goons and power armour? Hope there's some twists to the concept.

In any case, it is looking like a solid fun popcorn movie to me.

Nope. The setup, interaction, mannerisms etc. work for me.
But I can't get over how BAD the CGI looks. The Turtle design doesn't do it for me (and it's not only the noses... They're way too bulky...), and the Shredder design is too bling.

Sorry. That's going to be one of those movies that I want to like, but simply can't. Well, my loss I guess.

I feel bad but I liked it. No way in hell I'm gonna see this in theaters but it might warrant a redbox rental unlike the transformers movies. Bay is such a massive Manchild that he may be a better fit for a TMNT movie than we give him credit for.

Aiddon:
The Expendables 3.

I was thinking of seeing that. Are you one of those people like moviebob who just doesn't like The Expendables, or did they somehow fucked up the third one?

I can't get past the creepiness of those turtles, it just doesn't look right.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here