Kyle MacLachlan Joins Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in Mystery "Doctor" Role

Kyle MacLachlan Joins Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in Mystery "Doctor" Role

kylemaclachlan

The Twin Peaks star lands a potentially major role in Marvel's TV flagship

After shaking up its entire setup in the multi-part final storyline of its first season, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. continues to add new characters and guest stars for it's anticipated sophmore year. The latest to join: NYPD Blue's Henry Simmons as the comics' Alphonso "Mac" Mackenzie and actor Kyle MacLachlan as... well, that might be a secret.

Officially, MacLachlan's character is being referred to as "The Doctor," with his actual name and role being kept secret. However, TVLine.com claims to know his real identity which, if true, is both a major spoiler for anyone who hasn't finished Season 1 and potentially an equally big spoiler for Season 2 (so think twice before clicking.)

Best known for his collabortations with director David Lynch including Blue Velvet, Twin Peaks and Dune; MacLachlan is a perennially in-demand character actor who has had also appeared in Showgirls, The Doors and the first live-action Flintstones movie. Agents will mark his second comic book adaptation, having previously provided the voice of Superman in the animated feature Justice League: The New Frontier.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 2 will premiere in its new 9 p.m. time slot on Sept. 23.

Source: Dark Horizons

He will be The Doctor?

Does he get to ride around in a blue box?

This guy has an impressive list of credits to his name. But none more fondly remembered by me than "The Captain" on How I Met Your Mother.

I Know him from SATC. Glad he keeps getting work!

I don't think there ever will be a show as weird and wonderful as Twin Peaks.

Dale Cooper was so good. Both Francis York Morgan and Fox Mulder owe him quite a bit.

Might want to mention the spoiler is in the link url itself so even mousing over it could cause issues. And is incredibly douchey of them to do.

To me, he will always be Paul Atriedes. Hope he does well on the show, and gets a long run with the character. Always want to see him getting work. Go Kyle!

RA92:
I don't think there ever will be a show as weird and wonderful as Twin Peaks.

Dale Cooper was so good. Both Francis York Morgan and Fox Mulder owe him quite a bit.

Fixed the video for you. And I totally agree. I'm still really sad about Twin Peaks getting screwed by the network. And I still hold out a sliver of hope every time I hear rumors of David Lynch rebooting it.

I might start watching this show just for Kyle MacLachlan. Maybe...

But I doubt it.

Fsyco:
I might start watching this show just for Kyle MacLachlan. Maybe...

But I doubt it.

We should be this lucky.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or