Durarara!! x2 Broadcast Begins January 2015

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Durarara!! x2 Broadcast Begins January 2015

Durarara!! x2 key visual

Durarara!! season 2 continues in January 2015 where it left off from 2010.

Starting January 2015, the color gangs and mysteries return in the second season of Durarara!!, officially titled Durarara!! x2. This will be Studio Shuka's production debut as it replaces Brains Base, the animation studio responsible for the first season.

Durarara!! is a 13-volume light novel series by Ryohgo Narita with an anime and manga adaptation. The first TV anime series debuted in 2010 and covered only the first three volumes of the light novel series. Durarara!! x2 takes place six months after the end of the first season in Ikebukuro. The series' plot is told through converging plot lines from various characters throughout Ikebukuro. Mikado Ryuugamine moves to Tokyo to reunite with his friend Masaomi. Intrigued by the colorful life of Ikebukuro, Mikado gets involved with a list of people Masaomi warns him about and even sees a headless rider on a motorcycle. This is a modern story with a dose of the supernatural.

While Studio Shuka will be handling the production of Durarara!! x2, most of the staff worked on the first season. The producer of the first season founded Shuka, and he recruited most of the old staff for Durarara!! x2.

Nearly five years will have passed between the production of the first season to the second. Many fans had lost hope that there would ever be a second season of the anime, but the wait is almost over.

Source: Durarara!!

I watched the first 5 episodes of the first season and it was super boring. fuck that shit

Ichigo:
I watched the first 5 episodes of the first season and it was super boring. fuck that shit

You didn't get it. It's not a series with a main protagonist in the conventional sense. It's about the whole setting and cast of characters. It's in my opinion one of the best animes to come out in the last 5 years. Makes popular acclaimed stuff like Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online seem like a joke. All the characters connect.

Finish the damn series.

I'm so glad that the second season is happening. The last couple of episodes of the season seemed to drift off a little, and I really wondered where they were going to take the story.... this is a dream come true.

(Moreover, I really want to know what's going to happen in regards to Celty.)

AzrealMaximillion:

Ichigo:

You didn't get it. It's not a series with a main protagonist in the conventional sense. It's about the whole setting and cast of characters. It's in my opinion one of the best animes to come out in the last 5 years. Makes popular acclaimed stuff like Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online seem like a joke. All the characters connect.

Finish the damn series.

I think the main issue is that it takes a while to have anything fucking interesting happen, and focuses mostly on the least interesting characters of the entire cast.

AzrealMaximillion:

Ichigo:

Finish the damn series.

Eh, I watched around 10-12 episodes but I ended up rather bored by this anime. I heard it got better towards the end but I got nothing out of it and added it to the small list of anime that I never finished. Which is a shame because it reminds me of Baccano which I love to bits. Might give it another go at some point.

Also recently started the first series thinking it was old and finished. It's a weird mix of interesting story progress but with some boring conversations. There are some characters who seem to be just there for no reason and I don't why they are supposed to be relevant like the Russian sushi guy, but I guess that will be revealed sooner or later.

this show was like a boring baccano the focus is on the most uninteresting plot points, while the main plot gets sidetracked. and the music was awfull to the point of distraction. im not ussually this harsh, but the side characters were way more interesting esspecially when issac and miria showed up. i cant beleive i made it to the end. just go watch baccano!

Best of the 3:
Which is a shame because it reminds me of Baccano which I love to bits.

That's because it's written by the same guy. >_>
----------------------------------
Wished Baccano also got a new season, but beggars can't be choosers.

Crazy Zaul:
There are some characters who seem to be just there for no reason and I don't why they are supposed to be relevant like the Russian sushi guy, but I guess that will be revealed sooner or later.

Just like the usual Light Novel stuff, other characters will get their own story arc eventually.
Simon didn't have any major relevance in the first 3 arcs of the first season. but Him and Dennis (the other guy) will have major role in the future arcs.

Kaimax:

Best of the 3:
Which is a shame because it reminds me of Baccano which I love to bits.

That's because it's written by the same guy. >_>

I know, I'm just saying it reminds me a lot of it.

And personally I'd prefer Baccano left alone, it's a nice story with a good beginning and end. Short and sweet.

Yes! I've been waiting for this! Durarara!! is one of my favorite animes! But it's definitely not for the attention deficit crowd as seen in this thread.

Best of the 3:
And personally I'd prefer Baccano left alone, it's a nice story with a good beginning and end. Short and sweet.

It really isn't about "good beginning and end", because what you saw in the anime was a very small handful of the whole story from the Light Novel, Basically you've only read the first 4 volumes if you only saw the anime.

-There are still many characters with untold pasts and future major roles (Huey Laforet, Elmer C. Albatross, Fermet)

Also The Light Novels covers a long ass amount of time in their story. Spanning from the early 1700s to 2000s. The anime mostly adapted the ones from 1930-1932 (around 4 volumes) and there's like 16 volumes in total.

I'm also of the opinion that Durarara was good, but not great. The issue was a hit or miss cast, so occasionally you're waiting for a scene to end so you can see the characters you're invested in. With Baccano pretty much all the characters were engaging, and the plot moved with more haste and energy.

Wow, that's... unexpected! I've just gotten my Blu-ray set of the series and watched until episode 7. Currently I'm being distracted by the Last Airbender (yeah, watching it finally) with the last nine episodes to go. But I'll definately return to Durarara once Aang's story is finished.

I enjoy the episode structure very much, as I did in Baccano. And I perfectly understand why it's not for everyone.

AzrealMaximillion:

Ichigo:

Finish the damn series.

Dude itīs a series about absolutly nothing happening whatsoever. Why should I keep watching when Iīm already bored to death?

This is pretty cool. Liked the first half of the first season a lot (second half was just OK), so having more Durarara is a plus in my book. The dub was really good too, so maybe eventually the cast will return again.

Then again, I'm a sucker for random converging storylines where all the characters eventually come together.

Oh neat. :) I enjoyed Durarara. Had an interesting plot. If a bit slow and somewhat convoluted.

Wouldn't mind seeing where the story goes, I thought it was just ending where it did.
Hope it is put on Toonami. Would rather watch that instead of Naruto or Bleach.

Oh cool, watched the whole first season on a binge like 2 years ago and after I couldn't find anything else I just assumed it was a one shot thing, hopefully this is good too

Ichigo:

Dude itīs a series about absolutly nothing happening whatsoever. Why should I keep watching when Iīm already bored to death?

How do you know that absolutely nothing happens whatsoever? You only watched the first 5 episodes, didn't you? Wouldn't you lack a lot of the knowledge you'd need to make such a claim, since you've only watched 20% of the show?

Ichigo:

Yeah im with you on this, I watched all of it and let me tell you it only gets slightly less boring at maybe 2 points, would not recommend.

Brilliant series; very keen for season 2.

I'd also like to see a Baccano! sequel based on the further novels. Dat Alcatraz.

Yessssss.

Dollars all the way baby.

But the one with the girl wanting to commit suicide was like perfect.

Houseman:

Ichigo:

How do you know that absolutely nothing happens whatsoever? You only watched the first 5 episodes, didn't you? Wouldn't you lack a lot of the knowledge you'd need to make such a claim, since you've only watched 20% of the show?

There are already other people saying that itīs not getting better so I can skip that part.
The important Point anyway is: If the Series starts boring why should I keep watching??? 20 minutes od life you wonīt get back ever.
If you want to make me watch something make the first episode really interesting AND THEN make it boring if you must.
Did you ever see Coppelion? There is not much happening either but it still is interesting.

Is this show worth watching? Cause at the moment I got SAO, Log Horizon & Psycho Pass to catch up with before fall/winter season rolls around.

DarkhoIlow:
Is this show worth watching? Cause at the moment I got SAO, Log Horizon & Psycho Pass to catch up with before fall/winter season rolls around.

If you like anime that's different, that holds a modern sensibility along with some lite super natural stuff, and enjoy thorough character writing, then I would recommend it.

It's about people, and the internet age (albeit in Japanese culture), and sometimes vending machines go flying through the air.

Ichigo:

There are already other people saying that itīs not getting better so I can skip that part.

For any given show you can find people who'll say "it's not getting better". Every show has people that dislike it. That doesn't mean that you must always listen to these people, and that what these people say is true, because otherwise you'd never watch anything.

The important Point anyway is: If the Series starts boring why should I keep watching??? 20 minutes od life you wonīt get back ever.

That's up to you. I just wondered how you could claim that that "nothing ever happens" from only watching 20% of it.

Houseman:

Ichigo:

For any given show you can find people who'll say "it's not getting better". Every show has people that dislike it. That doesn't mean that you must always listen to these people, and that what these people say is true, because otherwise you'd never watch anything.

That's up to you. I just wondered how you could claim that that "nothing ever happens" from only watching 20% of it.

But you realize that 20% of something is a lot right?

I just remembered that I could never look at those three characters in that pic the same way again after watching all of Season 1... #TeamDollars

OT: Alright! I'm up for more Durarara!!... Granted, I'm more up for more Baccano!, but I'm fine with x2, given how DRRR's pacing was just begging to have more seasons unlike Baccano!, which balanced out the "wrapped up, but not really" angle a lot better in my opinion...

Ichigo:

What is "a lot" of any given thing is subjective.

Houseman:

Ichigo:

Ok in that case just give 20% of all your money

Ichigo:

"a lot" is still subjective, and I'm not willing to give you any of my money, no matter how subjectively small or large the amount.

Ichigo:

Houseman:

Ichigo:

Unbelievable. Well, it may be fine for you to expect instant gratification at all times, but you are not allowed to rain on the parade of those of us who also enjoy a story with build-up and massive pay-off. I am looking forward to this. Wonderful show.

AzrealMaximillion:

Ichigo:

Finish the damn series.

I personally didn't like it that much either, and I watched the whole thing. The first half with involving the Dollars was pretty good, but then it got all weird and sort of serious but didn't succeed at being serious, so it fell flat. Also I hated how when it was popular, people kept saying "IIIIIZAAAAYAAAAAAA!!"

Wait, people didn't like the first few episodes?

I mean, it's foundation setting, but I thought it was still really easy and pleasant to watch.

Houseman:
"a lot" is still subjective, and I'm not willing to give you any of my money, no matter how subjectively small or large the amount.

And Iīm not willing to waste any more time watching a series that bored me to death during the first 5 episodes. Even if there are some subjective opinions about it getting better.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here