Report: Microsoft to Show Off Windows 9 on Sept. 30th - Update

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Report: Microsoft to Show Off Windows 9 on Sept. 30th - Update

Windows 8-1 Start Menu 310x

Press event to unveil "Threshold" is set for the end of next month.

Update: A Microsoft executive in France has seemingly confirmed our Windows 9 suspicions -- namely that the next OS will be shown off to the world next week. Microsoft France President Alain Crozier said in a livestreamed press event that Windows 9 would be coming in "the next few days." ZDNet France picked up the story, and le président seemingly did not misspeak when using the phrase "Windows 9."

Microsoft is insisting that the future of Windows does not have an official name, but it's hard to backtrack when a high-level exec uses "Windows 9" for all the world to hear.

Our original report (see below) pegged September 30th as the Windows 9 presentation day, which would line up with Crozier's comments during the livestream. While an actual release date is still up in the air, we are all but certain that the first official glimpse of "Threshold" is coming next week.

Original Story: The Verge is reporting that Microsoft's next operating system will be shown at a press event on September 30th.

Windows 9, also known as Project Threshold, is the successor to the currently available Windows 8.1. Sources in the original report say that Microsoft could change the preview date, but the news aligns with earlier reports that a preview build of Win9 would hit before the end of 2014.

Like its predecessor, the core of Windows 9 would be used over several product categories, phones and tablets included. The desktop SKU will likely have a renewed focus on the mouse and keyboard interface, while still promoting the use of touchscreens.

Android and/or iOS loyalties aside, Windows Phone has grown into a strong mobile contender over the last few years, and the Metro UI used throughout Microsoft products is attractive on the right devices. One area that has been severely lacking, as many PC users will attest to, is desktop functionality. Non-touch PCs, especially of the gaming variety, are not built to use features introduced in Windows 8/8.1, leaving many KB+M fans in the lurch.

Also expected in Windows 9 is a revamped Start Menu, and perhaps an early desktop version of Cortana, Microsoft's Siri-like, voice-activated digital assistant.

Windows 7's interface was extremely minimalistic and its functions were seamless.

Windows 8's interface was a cluster fuck and it's functions were confusing.

Windows 9 looks like it's trying to turn Windows 8 into a more desktop oriented version of itself. Still that shitty Windows 8 at it's core.

I wonder if the main new feature is that its gonna actually make your CPU crash and burn. Then maybe it can be worse than Windows 8.

I feel absolutely no urge to replace the Windows 7 on the bootcamp partition of my Macbook anytime soon...

I'm looking forward to a new useful.
I didn't feel like switching to Windows 8 aka VISTA 2.0
Hopefully we will see significant imporvement that gamers actually give a fuck about.

Also - please drop the pretencious touchscreen assholery. Noone gives a flying fuck about running a full-fledged OS on a tablet. When the hell will they learn that tablets and workstations aren't interchangable.

CyberAkuma:
Hopefully we will see significant imporvement that gamers actually give a fuck about.

Also - please drop the pretencious touchscreen assholery. Noone gives a flying fuck about running a full-fledged OS on a tablet. When the hell will they learn that tablets and workstations aren't interchangable.

And that touch screen emphasis on keyboard/mouse based workstations are absurd and pointless? All they do is smear oils and lunch leftovers accross your workspace.

Hopefully they'll continue the cycle and release a half-way decent product this time.

Potential positives include the realization that touch-screens are for tablets and notebooks pretending to be tablets.

Looking forward to this. Overall I don't hate Windows 8, but it's a first attempt at targeting an OS for multiple platforms, and a first attempt is what it feels like. It tries to do everything and ends up being a bit off on all fronts.

If 9 improves upon what has been learned from 8 without trying to be too different again, then I have decent hopes for it.

faefrost:

CyberAkuma:

And that touch screen emphasis on keyboard/mouse based workstations are absurd and pointless? All they do is smear oils and lunch leftovers accross your workspace.

The day I can use a tablet to edit and encode HD video or work with RAW-files in Lightroom is the day I will start giving any fucks what tablets are capable of.
I just think that the whole "Tablets will replace laptops one day"-hype is just immensly stupid. Don't misunderstand me, I've had my Samsung Galaxy Tab for years and I still enjoy this little piece of machinery for doing some minor stuff but for anything else that doesn't involve dicking around - it's a waste of time.

The hardware in tablets will always be too weak and the touch interface will always limit the unit of what it can do.
Adding touch controls to an OS to make it apppeal to core users is like trying to add motion controls for games to try to appeal to the hardcore gamer

Microsoft could built a perpetual motion machine and people would still say it sucks. I'm sure Windows 9 will be ridiculed regardless of what it is, just like every version of Internet Explorer.

faefrost:

CyberAkuma:

I have a touchscreen on my laptop and I quite like it, it's a lot better than trying to use a goddamn touchpad. Perhaps you could just... you know, wash your hands more often.

Well, I can't wait to see if this one doesn't blow. Perfect timing too since my PC is aging and I'd prefer doing a new instal to dual boot between Steam OS and Windowz.

After years of jumping around different PCs running XP, Vista, Win 7 and Win 8, I've realized that MS loves moving things around and renaming things in the control panel for no, good, fucking, reason in every new version. The thing that makes Win 8 such garbage is the super-unintuitive interface you have to either ignore as much as possible or customize to try and suit your uses. Heres to at least one higher up at MS trying to fix that without assuming everyone loves dropping the extra $100-200 on a touchscreen that gets all the sweat, oil, and toenail particles from one's fingers smudged into its very being.

With the announced changes, this honestly shouldn't be a brand new Windows release, this should be windows 8.2. Oh well, at least there are programs out there to make Windows 8 behave like Windows 7 on steroids.

Captcha: look away. That's probably great advice.

Mike? (Can I call you Mike?) If people don't want to use tiles... Don't make them use them. Just... stop assuming you know how people want to use their computers better than they do.

My computer is a cluttered mess to some people's eyes, but much like my bookshelves, I can find things on them. Forcing me to sort things into your color-coded kindergarten alphabet-block cubbies just makes me hate you.

Devin Connors:
One area that has been severely lacking, as many PC users will attest to, is desktop functionality. Non-touch PCs, especially of the gaming variety, are not built to use features introduced in Windows 8/8.1, leaving many KB+M fans in the lurch.

KB+M fans were not left in the lurch... They just didn't know how to use their fucking keyboard.

CyberAkuma:
"Tablets will replace laptops one day"

I will be suitably interested if they can release a tablet that can run Skyrim as well as my current gaming laptop can.

OT; Windows 9... I am imagining Win7 with the functionality of Win8. Anyone remember back when Vista launched (it could have been on XP, I don't care) that "Windows Gamer Rating" (?) where it cataloged your machines' capabilities and gave you a score out of 10 I think? How many games did we see that had under their requirements listed, the Windows score needed to run the game? Windows 8, and very well perhaps 9, are going to feel very much like this rating; Useless. Games developers know how much the customer base hate Windows 8, how many non-Microsoft produced games have their been that say "Windows 8 Only"? I count none. And killing off support for 7 won't help them with big companies making exploratory inroads with Linux.

CyberAkuma:

The day I can use a tablet to edit and encode HD video or work with RAW-files in Lightroom is the day I will start giving any fucks what tablets are capable of.
I just think that the whole "Tablets will replace laptops one day"-hype is just immensly stupid. Don't misunderstand me, I've had my Samsung Galaxy Tab for years and I still enjoy this little piece of machinery for doing some minor stuff but for anything else that doesn't involve dicking around - it's a waste of time.

The hardware in tablets will always be too weak and the touch interface will always limit the unit of what it can do.
Adding touch controls to an OS to make it apppeal to core users is like trying to add motion controls for games to try to appeal to the hardcore gamer

My windows 8 tablet (running 8.1) is able to game and encode video, if you go past the ipad/android offerings there are some decent machines out there.... at a price. Give it time and the prices will drop, it'll become more common and yes one day they could challenge laptops. That said I think it'll be more like laptop/tablets will merge into hybrids than anything.

008Zulu:

I will be suitably interested if they can release a tablet that can run Skyrim as well as my current gaming laptop can.

Hell, add something other than Intel's HD-X000 lineup as video processors. A discreet GPU is all I ask for before I consider getting a tablet. Moreso for stuff like Painting, Sculpting, and 3D Modelling than the likes CGI and Video Rendering and Compositing. Double the ram and the core count with a smaller manufacturing process and I would consider it a viable alternative for when my current laptop becomes outdated.

Alpha Maeko:

Windows 9 looks like it's trying to turn Windows 8 into a more desktop oriented version of itself. Still that shitty Windows 8 at it's core.

windows 8 core is actually awesome. Its just that 99.9% of users never ever access that themselves, so they never see or can compare that. What most users see is UI, and there i agree that windows 8 is complete and utter shit. Windows 9 looks like windows 7 was badly modded to be more like windows 8 or as if windows 8 was moded the best it can to look like 7 but the modder lacked technical knowledge.

Then agian we still know very little of 9, so lets not judge a book by its cover.

CyberAkuma:

Oh, i can see tablets replacing laptops, but they are never going to be replacing desktops. Laptop is now something in between. not powerful enough to be a desktop yet not portable enough to be a tablet, and as tablets progress in quality laptop concept becomes quite obsolete. workstation desktops though - nope never going to be left behind. your always have the best power in those.

Olas:
Microsoft could built a perpetual motion machine and people would still say it sucks. I'm sure Windows 9 will be ridiculed regardless of what it is, just like every version of Internet Explorer.

<...>you know, wash your hands more often.

well, to be honest, every version of internet explorer is actually deserving all the ridicule.

Finger oils mostly come from the skin and unless your running to bathroom to scrub every 30 minutes your going to smear the screen regardless of hygiene. even worse for people who sweat more or live in hot enviroment.

The Grim Ace:
With the announced changes, this honestly shouldn't be a brand new Windows release, this should be windows 8.2. Oh well, at least there are programs out there to make Windows 8 behave like Windows 7 on steroids.

Its not even that really. Internally Windows NT 6.0 was Vista, NT6.1 was 7, NT 6.2 was 8 and 9 will be NT 6.3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_NT#Releases

008Zulu:

OT; Windows 9... I am imagining Win7 with the functionality of Win8. Anyone remember back when Vista launched (it could have been on XP, I don't care) that "Windows Gamer Rating" (?) where it cataloged your machines' capabilities and gave you a score out of 10 I think? How many games did we see that had under their requirements listed, the Windows score needed to run the game? Windows 8, and very well perhaps 9, are going to feel very much like this rating; Useless. Games developers know how much the customer base hate Windows 8, how many non-Microsoft produced games have their been that say "Windows 8 Only"? I count none. And killing off support for 7 won't help them with big companies making exploratory inroads with Linux.

seeing that currently tablets are more powerful than last gen consoles, id say give it a few years.

The windows performance index is really unrelaiable and shit way to determine your machines performance. The score is not out of 10. The score was out of 8, however microsoft keeps moving the goalpost with every update, supposedly to accomodate for faster hardware. The way it works is it takes the rating of your worst hardware part and considers that the rating. Games wont have it as requirement because the index is pretty much useless. Its best purpose is to make windows check your hardware to realize you installed a new SSD actually.

Windows 8 kernel is actually quite good, too bad everything else on that system is crap. That coupled with microsoft forcing directx only on the newest OS may force gamers onto new OS eventually, just like many new games no longer work on XP due to DirectX requirements.
They have already killed legal sales of 7, and it didnt make Linux revolution somehow.

Saulkar:

Hell, add something other than Intel's HD-X000 lineup as video processors. A discreet GPU is all I ask for before I consider getting a tablet. Moreso for stuff like Painting, Sculpting, and 3D Modelling than the likes CGI and Video Rendering and Compositing. Double the ram and the core count with a smaller manufacturing process and I would consider it a viable alternative for when my current laptop becomes outdated.

Actually high end tablets do have discrete GPUs, for example the Tegra series. I do agree with you about severe lack of ram in the tablet/phone market though.

Strazdas:

Olas:

<...>you know, wash your hands more often.

well, to be honest, every version of internet explorer is actually deserving all the ridicule.

No, Internet Explorer USED to deserve the ridicule, or at least a lot of it. Internet Explorer 10 is almost objectively better than Firefox and has some advantages over Chrome such as loading speed and security features. I've used all 3 browsers (5 if you include Maxthon and Opera) quite a bit over the years and IE is currently my browswer of choice. I'm not saying I think Chrome sucks, or isn't a good browser, but at this point the only reason I see for downloading it is the one plugin that let's you see Youtube ratings before clicking on a video. Even that was only really useful for avoiding fake movie trailers.

Finger oils mostly come from the skin and unless your running to bathroom to scrub every 30 minutes your going to smear the screen regardless of hygiene. even worse for people who sweat more or live in hot enviroment.

I sweat a lot and live in an area that's incredibly hot and humid (at least during the summer) and I don't have any issues with it. I'm sure if you shone a super bright light directly on my screen it would look dirty, but so does every device with a touchscreen. In fact, my non-touchscreens are pretty dirty too, just from other stuff that my finger would wipe away on a touchscreen. If people are really bothered by it you can always wipe the screen clean with some sort of cloth (aka your sleeve) like I sometimes do with my phone. It takes like... 3 seconds.

Olas:

No, Internet Explorer USED to deserve the ridicule, or at least a lot of it. Internet Explorer 10 is almost objectively better than Firefox and has some advantages over Chrome such as loading speed and security features. I've used all 3 browsers (5 if you include Maxthon and Opera) quite a bit over the years and IE is currently my browswer of choice. I'm not saying I think Chrome sucks, or isn't a good browser, but at this point the only reason I see for downloading it is the one plugin that let's you see Youtube ratings before clicking on a video. Even that was only really useful for avoiding fake movie trailers.

I disagree, IE is a mess. It make a lot of 3D design programs crash just because "reasons" and MS never tried to make it work (well, their answer was "deal with it") so to make my 3D program to work (Poser Pro 2014 and Octane Render) i had to desinstall IE 11. It was an easy choice...
I tought it was bad design but in fact, they have a patnership with another one that function perfectly... It's MS after all...

At first opportunity, i'll use linux, as soon as i find time to buy and prepare a new HD (and perhaps wait for the Steam OS), i will only use windows to make 3D.

Strazdas:

Alpha Maeko:

windows 8 core is actually awesome. Its just that 99.9% of users never ever access that themselves, so they never see or can compare that. What most users see is UI, and there i agree that windows 8 is complete and utter shit. Windows 9 looks like windows 7 was badly modded to be more like windows 8 or as if windows 8 was moded the best it can to look like 7 but the modder lacked technical knowledge.

This is exactly one of the problems. Very few people actually have a problem with Windows 8; what they have an issue with is Metro UI. Unfortunately they don't know enough about computers to differentiate. Metro was a lot better in 8.1, but it still has horrible integration with the Windows UI. The final nail in the coffin for me personally was when Windows Store apps started shoving advertising at me, despite being buggy. I decided I was not going to play Microsoft's game and switched back to 7. No regrets.

If Windows 9 isn't similar to Windows 7 and takes "inspiration" from Win8 they can keep it, because I am not interested.

I used WinXp for a decade..I can do the same with Win7.

Rodolphe Kourkenko:

Olas:

I disagree, IE is a mess. It make a lot of 3D design programs crash just because "reasons" and MS never tried to make it work (well, their answer was "deal with it") so to make my 3D program to work (Poser Pro 2014 and Octane Render) i had to desinstall IE 11. It was an easy choice...
I tought it was bad design but in fact, they have a patnership with another one that function perfectly... It's MS after all...

I'm not familiar with the program you're referring to, or why it would be affected by the existence of a separately installed browser, but I know for a fact that you can't "de-install" Internet Explorer since it's integrated into Windows.

Though if there is a way to uninstall it, I'm sure everyone in this forum would clamor to hear it.

Olas:

I'm not familiar with the program you're referring to, or why it would be affected by the existence of a separately installed browser, but I know for a fact that you can't "de-install" Internet Explorer since it's integrated into Windows.

Though if there is a way to uninstall it, I'm sure everyone in this forum would clamor to hear it.

I'm under Seven (no way i'll take 8). IE 11 is an update and you can get rid of it just by going in the "control panel", "uninstall a program" and "view installed update", you choose IE11 and desinstall it. Nothing difficult here.

A simple google search... Well since i'm european and since MS lost a lawsuit because of IE and WMP, we can get rid of it since several years.

My favourite run-down from the whole Windows 8 thing: http://www.tweakguides.com/Windows81_1.html [1]

It's not typical for Ghazi to bash any Microsoft product, he did defend Vista[2], but he does highlight the worst problems with 8 and savages the fools who don't understand what a Luddite is.

On to W9.

It doesn't show a lot of confidence in your product or respect for the early adopters of 8 to be seriously considering rolling out the next big number in a year or two instead of rolling out an update. They're gonna take the new OS instead of update regardless of complaints.

In that case, just six feature requests for Microsoft that they won't consider or implement:

1. A tabbed file manager.
2. The ability to raise a window (or windows) semi-permanently above all others (or even always below)
3. The ability to make a window transparent with options starting from opaque to fully transparent.
4. A default theme that doesn't ruin the eyes. (none of that bright and colourful frosted 3D crap!)
5. A complete removal/abandonment of IE.
6. A system settings/control panel that doesn't need a compass, a sextant and a map to navigate.

I won't hold my breath...

[1] Nathan Lineback's cynical parody of the W8 ad has a special place in my heart too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLcPbsfF3qI
[2] Although, he failed to spot the worst issue with Vista: MS, the OEMs or both figured it was a bright idea to put "Vista Capable" stickers or the OS itself on laptops with 256MB RAM and 1.8Ghz single core CPUs...

Strazdas:

Actually high end tablets do have discrete GPUs, for example the Tegra series. I do agree with you about severe lack of ram in the tablet/phone market though.

Strap one of those into a tablet with 16 gigs of ram, quad core 2-2.5GHZ, a pressure-tilt sensitive stylus and screen, priced competitively and you will send Wacom running with their tail between their legs.

Well traditionally this one should be good, so fingers crossed :D won't be moving from my lovely win 7 though

Still using XP, despite it now no longer being supported. Was going to upgrade to 8.1 but now I guess I'll wait for this? I watched Tron Legacy last night and this news just makes me think of Encom 12.

I only upgraded to 7 last year so I feel no inclination to throw money at another OS for at least another 4-5 years. But good on them for trying...

Fuck off Micro$oft. Stop releasing new operating systems before you've fixed the ones you have. I won't be looking for a new version of windows for another decade.

Jandau:
I only upgraded to 7 last year so I feel no inclination to throw money at another OS for at least another 4-5 years. But good on them for trying...

Shodanbot:

In that case, just six feature requests for Microsoft that they won't consider or implement:

1. A tabbed file manager.
2. The ability to raise a window (or windows) semi-permanently above all others (or even always below)
3. The ability to make a window transparent with options starting from opaque to fully transparent.
4. A default theme that doesn't ruin the eyes. (none of that bright and colourful frosted 3D crap!)
5. A complete removal/abandonment of IE.
6. A system settings/control panel that doesn't need a compass, a sextant and a map to navigate.

I won't hold my breath...

It's kind of funny, when I started using Linux I was surprised by the all features I couldn't live without. Multiple desktops, tabbed file browser, easily customizable themes, an actual settings menu instead of the control panel, a package manager that can remove anything I don't like and quickly find free software. I'd be happy if Microsoft would add support for 3rd party themes. It's a joke how Windows has some of the best themes but they can't be used without modifying the OS and editing system32 files

PoolCleaningRobot:

Shodanbot:

Snip...

It's kind of funny, when I started using Linux I was surprised by the all features I couldn't live without. Multiple desktops, tabbed file browser, easily customizable themes, an actual settings menu instead of the control panel, a package manager that can remove anything I don't like and quickly find free software. I'd be happy if Microsoft would add support for 3rd party themes. It's a joke how Windows has some of the best themes but they can't be used without modifying the OS and editing system32 files

I use Linux on and off myself. It's embarrassing that freebie OS's can have those features I listed.

But I'm not going to make a full time switch to Linux any time soon. My issue with Linux is it's not a stable development or consumer platform. Just try to get an application for Ubuntu 8 to work with Ubuntu 14 without any busywork and you'll see what I mean. Unfortunately the Linux boys can't admit this is a problem. Also the many different distros... oh dear god... make stability much worse off than it could be...

Stability really is MS Window's only feature of note.

Rodolphe Kourkenko:

Olas:

I'm under Seven (no way i'll take 8). IE 11 is an update and you can get rid of it just by going in the "control panel", "uninstall a program" and "view installed update", you choose IE11 and desinstall it. Nothing difficult here.

A simple google search... Well since i'm european and since MS lost a lawsuit because of IE and WMP, we can get rid of it since several years.

You're not uninstalling Internet Explorer though, you're uninstalling Internet Explorer 11, you'll just end up reverting to an older (shittier) version of the program. Why would you want to do that?

As far as I'm aware, even if you were to try and remove it completely using some sort of third party hack, it would have serious negative consequences on the functionality of Windows.

Shodanbot:
I use Linux on and off myself. It's embarrassing that freebie OS's can have those features I listed.

But I'm not going to make a full time switch to Linux any time soon. My issue with Linux is it's not a stable development or consumer platform. Just try to get an application for Ubuntu 8 to work with Ubuntu 14 without any busywork and you'll see what I mean. Unfortunately the Linux boys can't admit this is a problem. Also the many different distros... oh dear god... make stability much worse off than it could be...

Stability really is MS Window's only feature of note.

You know what they say, the best things in life are free... But I agree. If I didn't find Manjaro I probably would have given up on it cause all the Ubuntu distros kept crapping out on me when my laptop when to sleep. Even then, pacman constantly breaks and while all I have to do is type a command to refresh it, its very annoying to look up these problems in the first place. And since its Arch, I can't just download packages and double click them to install like with Debian OS's. I recently tried to tune up an old vista pc with a Ubuntu 14 distro and it kept crashing on me. I resorted to Arch again but something still causes it to lock up on occasion. Personally, I like fiddling with this kind of stuff and learning about it, but its not for everyone. I'll probably keep Windows on my pc's for a while

Olas:

It still does. Its a hell for developers to use. A end user consumer may feel like its similar to the two giants, but from the developing of websites perspective its still as much a mess as IE6 was.

I sweat a lot and live in an area that's incredibly hot and humid (at least during the summer) and I don't have any issues with it. I'm sure if you shone a super bright light directly on my screen it would look dirty, but so does every device with a touchscreen. In fact, my non-touchscreens are pretty dirty too, just from other stuff that my finger would wipe away on a touchscreen. If people are really bothered by it you can always wipe the screen clean with some sort of cloth (aka your sleeve) like I sometimes do with my phone. It takes like... 3 seconds.

It looks bad on a screen since you have to look at it. it distorts the image. also sleeve is quite poor cleaner as it not only does not clean oil well but also can damage the screen. soft fiber cloth ftw.

I never said its the end of the world, just that "washing your hands once in a while" is not a solution here.

Nuxxy:

This is exactly one of the problems. Very few people actually have a problem with Windows 8; what they have an issue with is Metro UI. Unfortunately they don't know enough about computers to differentiate. Metro was a lot better in 8.1, but it still has horrible integration with the Windows UI. The final nail in the coffin for me personally was when Windows Store apps started shoving advertising at me, despite being buggy. I decided I was not going to play Microsoft's game and switched back to 7. No regrets.

Yes, even though i recognize the superior windows 8 Kernel, i too switched to 7 because Metro was so bad it was worth the performance loss.

Olas:

You can uninstall Internet Explorer. You can uninstall it to the point where only core IE6 remains that is still used by some windows functions (such as calls to update check) and plenty of o ther programs checking for internet (they use it because its that one program that will always be on any computer). you can evne hack out IE6 too, but then youll have plenty of problems with fucntionality.

though, leaving IE6 core alone to sit there to be used by windows is really not being a problem, as it never really comes up or gets in your way. Oh and a thing to note, that evne if you have IE11 installed, windows will still use that IE6 core to connect, so there is no point in leaving IE11 installed.

Saulkar:

Strazdas:

Strap one of those into a tablet with 16 gigs of ram, quad core 2-2.5GHZ, a pressure-tilt sensitive stylus and screen, priced competitively and you will send Wacom running with their tail between their legs.

If only it was up to me.....

For me, Windows 8 gets worse as they update it. For example, it used to be that when you installed something, a shortcut would show up on the Start screen but then they removed that and now you have to search for your newly installed program and pin the shortcut yourself. Another thing is the damn title bars that came with 8.1. I never asked for them, I don't want them and they get in the way. There is no way to disable them either. This is what happens when you alter your product to suit public opinion. Some of us bought Windows 8 because we WANTED a new UI. I don't have a touchscreen, it worked just fine with a mouse.

That's just me though, I am aware that most people hate Windows 8.

I will say that I no longer have any faith in Microsoft's handling of Windows and see no reason to buy Windows 9, been thinking about Linux alot.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here