Assassin's Creed: Unity Pushed Back to November

Assassin's Creed: Unity Pushed Back to November

acu_screen_parisrooftop_e3_140609_4pmpst_1402143770

Assassin's Creed: Unity's release will be pushed back due to "quality" concerns.

Those of you who were looking forward to romping the streets of revolutionary France on a murder spree in October in Assassin's Creed: Unity will have to hold on just a bit longer. Ubisoft has announced that the game's release date has been pushed back two weeks, to November 11, citing concerns over the game's quality as the reason.

"This being a fully next-gen game, it requires a lot of work, a lot of production, and a lot of learning," said Unity senior producer Vincent Pontbriand. "It's always hard to be precise and to quantify exactly how much work is involved. So as we get close to the finish we often realize we're near the target but we're not quite there yet."

Ubisoft stresses that the delay isn't due to anything major, but rather, a whole bunch of little things. It says it will take the extra two weeks to improve minor aspects of the game, and that a day one patch is in the works that will bring further improvements. "That's why the team will continue to toil even beyond the ship date - right up to actual release - building a Day 1 patch that offers even more improvements to Unity," said Ubisoft.

This delay means that Unity will launch on the same date as the last-gen title Assassin's Creed: Rogue being developed for PS3 and Xbox 360.

While news of game delays is always disheartening, the fact that it's only two weeks isn't so bad.

Source: Ubisoft

And the delays begin. I wonder if this will go on and on like WatchDogs did.

inb4 someone says "Lol, women too hard work Ubisoft?" or something along those lines.

That aside, at the moment I'm more intrigued by Rogue than Unity. Of course, I love how Unity is bringing it back to the cities and the french revolution is a gorgeous setting. The relationship between Arno and Elise also looks like it could be intriguing.

Here's hoping it fixes some bugs and such! Would be nice to be able to walk up to a wall without instantly attempting to climb above it (that was a PAIN when trying to use the swivel guns while boarding a ship in Black Flag)

There's something hilarious, something just bloody ironic about this, and I can't put my finger on it.

That works out well for me as my b'day is in November, might get it as a present from my father. Sweet :-)

Funny enough, just yesterday at work I was talking about this game and accidentally said it was pushed back to November. I actually meant the new Dragon Age, but turns out I was right. Either way, I really don't care. I've got Shadow of Mordor(which was pushed forward) and Beyond Earth. I think I'm good. Not like I'm expecting anything series changing in this one.

My first thought for this was to put some time between the release of AC:U and Far Cry 4. Ubi has had problems with releasing thier holiday produce. The fallout from when they fucked up the release of Rayman: Origins however many years ago would be nothing compared to forcing 2 of thier own AAA titles to compete in such a manner.

That said;

Witty Name Here:
inb4 someone says "Lol, women too hard work Ubisoft?" or something along those lines.

Dammit.

Eh. Assassin's Creed another one being pushed back? I think I'll be able to move on with my life.

So that means we can expect the PC version sometime in December, right?

Are they using the time to finally learn how to code?

I really hope so. Ubi's games are... well not wrecks, but lets say that Eastern European developers with a budget of 10 adidas trecksuits outdo them technically on all accounts and so bad it aint even funny...

Wow, two weeks for quality concerns. That's so radical.

gigastar:
My first thought for this was to put some time between the release of AC:U and Far Cry 4. Ubi has had problems with releasing thier holiday produce. The fallout from when they fucked up the release of Rayman: Origins however many years ago would be nothing compared to forcing 2 of thier own AAA titles to compete in such a manner.

Ubisoft did push back Rayman Legends to be released near GTAV, I don't think they know much about how competition can hurt sales.

Hazy992:
So that means we can expect the PC version sometime in December, right?

I'd wager that "January will the be optimal release time, so as to provide the PC Gaming experience that our loyal fans deserve".

Perhaps that would be a good thing though: ACIII and ACIV were poorly optimised by AAA standards, whereas Brotherhood ran pretty well, as did ACII once they got rid of that asinine DRM.

OT: It must be all those preorder bonuses that they're rolling out. Keep at it Ubi! Maybe you'll disguise the fact that this game still has less substance than Brotherhood!

A whole 2 weeks, how will people go on?

Oddly not excited for this one, I loved Black Flag, but this one barely has me interested.

Must be the lack of pirates and the annoyingly repetitive shanties.

Despite their concerns over quality, I expect day one players (which won't include me) will still have to contend with network outages from Uplay.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here