Tropes vs Anita Sarkeesian and Gamers Against Games

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sleekit:
here's the thing: Kalezian isn't actually "insane" at all.

he might not be in possession of all the facts just yet but he's certainly not "insane".

and tbth that's one of the major problems...

ROFL. I love the wording here mate.

ie the pernicious idea that everyone else is...

but hey it's fine. you want to ignore the largest thread in The Escapists history and keep telling yourself there's nothing there going in in there and everyone seems to be going delusion but you...that's your choice.

just don't kid yourself there is nothing going on either tho eh ?

You're wasting your time talking to this guy. He's buried his head in the sand and refuses to acknowledge that this issue is a Big Deal. Getting him to come out isn't going to help resolve this, getting the extremists (on both sides) to shut up for 5 minutes so the grown-ups can talk will. (Yes, I'm equating the whole debacle to parents having to settle a dispute between squabbling children. Because that's what a vast majority of people have proven themselves to be during this shitstorm - screaming, adult-sized children.)

because at the very least you're probably going to see the fall and rise of a whole new eco system of "gaming" websites before this particular journey is over...

Seeing as that's already started, yeah, that's a safe bet. And I welcome it.

ex951753:
Well, I'll be ignoring all of Critical Distance articles from now on. I must say, even though I still frequent the Escapist, it's losing it's appeal rapidly. Can anyone suggest me another alternate source of game media that's not full of bs?

Sleekit:

I'm currently going with Techraptor for now, but Sleekit's list is a good start.

Baresark:

I have never read a review that discussed people being late for work because they were gaming too long. The mechanics for most games are defined by their genre, and of course there are exceptions when a game comes along that has unique mechanics within those. But how the shooting in a game feels is subjective. The idea of how well the mechanics work together is subjective. How good or bad the story is, is subjective. These things are not facts, they are personal feelings on a game. Which is why you often see games that are in a range of reviews. Nothing is an 8/10 as a matter of fact (as an example). Things often range from many reviews. You may see a 6/10, and another 8/10, and a few 7/10's. These are personal opinions about the overall game that is all opinion. I feel like I need to bring up the rather famous PC Gamer review of Dragon Age 2. They gave that game a 94% and caused a massive uproar in it's reader base. The guy who reviewed it loved that game. He seem to have no issue with all of the common things in the game that other people absolutely hated (the reused environments, the enemies that appeared out of nowhere, to name a few things). At the end of the day, that guy loved that game, which was not and is not based on on any facts. If that were a fact, everyone would have loved it.

General mechanics defined by genre is true most of the time. not specifics though. Yes, you shoot in a shooter, but there is a difference between onrail shooter (like Rambo) and twitch shooter (like CSGO) and tactical shooter (like BF). there are a range of granades, weapons, accuracity distances, cover mechanics, all kinds of things. even such things as "constantly running out of ammo and having to backtrack for it" like in Kane and Lynch is worth mentioning.
Yes, how the game "feels" is subjective, and im not aginast subjectivity, what im against is pointless remarks. Im fine with reviewer stating whether he liked or he didnt how gun recoil works (were still going with shooter analogy right?). im not fine with him saying "i dont like shooting therefore shooters are bad ".

Heh, you think PC Gamer review of DA2 caused uproar? try Greg Titos 5/5 DA2 review here on the escapist. people still bring that up.

I really dont care if the person loved or hated repeated enviroments. what i care about is that his review states that there are such enviroments in the game, this way i can decide for myself whether i will like that or not. thats what reviews are for - so you can decide whether you will like the game or not.

To be honest, lately i read more wikis than reviews, they seem to like facts more than opinions.

AkaDad:

I didn't do anything and I'm not condoning bad behavior. I'm just pointing out the different reactions and levels of outrage.

pointing out does not include such gems as "i stand on their side". You are taking a side of the same type of people you claim to dislike.

Today was the first time I ever looked into the whole "Quinnspiracy" thing. I regret ever doing that...

I'm disappointed in you, Escapist. I really am. I thought you were better than this.

The internet is a terrible place for anyone. There are tons of mean, hateful assholes whose only purpose seems to be to make you feel like complete shit for their own amusement. It's the reason I stopped playing League of Legends and most MOBA games. It's the reason I stay off of 4Chan and the other dark corners of the internet.

I am a clinically depressed 24 year old male who also suffers from mental defects that keeps me from having a normal social life. I try to avoid any/all drama that comes in my general direction. I believe in equality for everyone, doesn't matter what gender or ethnicity you are. I've never done anything to screw anyone over in my entire life. I'm quiet, shy and reserved. I'm also friendly, caring and loving.

Being labeled as a sexist, misogynistic (woman hater), horrible "piece of shit" person by dozens of people i've never even met before...just because I am a male who enjoys playing video games. This is where I draw the line. Never in my life have I been so offended by something like this. I can write off trolls in online games and in youtube comments, but now i'm even being attacked by the gaming journalists I used to look up to. Game journalists who are making Gamespot, IGN and the Doritos King himself, Geoff Keighly, look like saints. Why punish the people who are the problem when you can shift the blame to the entire community? Why treat a wound on your arm when you can just amputate the whole thing? Why try to help the middle east when you can just blow it all up?

What happened to the truth? When did lying, cheating and stealing become an accepted practice? When did people become so blind to what was sitting right in front of them?

Why lash out at people who only want the truth?

I'm sorry, but I can't in good faith be a part of this website anymore...

...I don't know what to believe anymore...

I'm not sure I can take much more of this Escapist.

I can't understand why you're doing this. I just don't understand.
You seem to be doing your utmost to alienate your own readers... why?

Why do you see women as in need of protection? Why do you not report on the many examples of harassment towards males in the industry? Why do you not just report the actual fucking story already!?

Captcha: here or there
I choose there.

I would think ye olde time farming supplies stores have run out of pitchforks and torches by now. I find it fascinating that people have taken personal offence (for god's sake) to issues that have been raised in relation to Tropes vs Women and the like. I can only hope that the vocal minority are the ones posting these strident diatribes (I'm trying to be diplomatic in describing them). I think in the case of the above article the posts from Adi and Carolyn hold a fair bit of truth. Are people really unable to discuss and reflect on this stuff without resorting to juvenile, anti-intellectual rhetoric?

I don't agree with AS in Tropes vs Women on every point, but I think she has something valid to say. Why can't her opinions just be left to stand on their merits. We're all free to disagree or agree, and anything in between. The content of the AS video that has caused a stir is legitimate both in terms of content and intention, and this can be stated even if you don't agree with any of it. I have political conversations with friends and colleagues that remain civil and friendly despite significant disagreement - why can't this be the case everywhere? In fact the AS video wasn't even aimed at gamers specifically in my opinion.

Video games these days, particularly AAA on disc, should be open to sensible critique just as movies have been for decades. Many of us are no longer playing Pacman or Space Invaders where representations of gender, sexuality, race etc are a non-issue. We're playing huge budget games that often involve significant effort in representing the human condition through story and gameplay.

Megalodon:

At the beginning of which he talks about when he was receiving (what he at least believed to be) credible threats to his safety (I believe by the Muslim behind a youtube channel called dawahfilms, but it may have occurred at other points while criticising Islam). He recounts that he took the matter to the FBI, whose specific advice (assumedly amongst other actions) was not to respond to the threats.

But that's my freaking point. He did something a certain way, but people tend not to all act uniformly. That's where my question of (more or less) "what's your point?" comes up. Anita's not the first person to ignore the FBI or the last, while Thundert00l calls bullshit specifically because he didn't feel it was merited. That's awesome! I didn't know that Thunderf00t was the unversal standard for human behaviour, but if he gets to determine how other people respond, he must be.

Oh, and in the meanwhile, it doesn't seem like any of the people who were calling bullshit on Anita and company have done so on Jayd3dFox, the girl they're using to prove how mean and horrid feminists are because she was bullied off of YouTube. Well, why doesn't this silly girl just follow Thudert00l's example and stay on YouTube (and throw tantrums at anything he disagrees with)? Well, clearly, her motivations must be as dark and twisted as Anita's soul.

Or maybe this is hypocrisy in action. A guy who's so butthurt about a feminist he'll lie about her stances in order to call her a liar trying to further indict her motives.

If he has made a video whining about Jayd3dfox, I'll stand somewhat corrected. Somehow, I doubt that one rustled his jimmies, though.

Zachary Amaranth:

Megalodon:

At the beginning of which he talks about when he was receiving (what he at least believed to be) credible threats to his safety (I believe by the Muslim behind a youtube channel called dawahfilms, but it may have occurred at other points while criticising Islam). He recounts that he took the matter to the FBI, whose specific advice (assumedly amongst other actions) was not to respond to the threats.

But that's my freaking point. He did something a certain way, but people tend not to all act uniformly. That's where my question of (more or less) "what's your point?" comes up. Anita's not the first person to ignore the FBI or the last, while Thundert00l calls bullshit specifically because he didn't feel it was merited. That's awesome! I didn't know that Thunderf00t was the unversal standard for human behaviour, but if he gets to determine how other people respond, he must be.

Oh, and in the meanwhile, it doesn't seem like any of the people who were calling bullshit on Anita and company have done so on Jayd3dFox, the girl they're using to prove how mean and horrid feminists are because she was bullied off of YouTube. Well, why doesn't this silly girl just follow Thudert00l's example and stay on YouTube (and throw tantrums at anything he disagrees with)? Well, clearly, her motivations must be as dark and twisted as Anita's soul.

Or maybe this is hypocrisy in action. A guy who's so butthurt about a feminist he'll lie about her stances in order to call her a liar trying to further indict her motives.

If he has made a video whining about Jayd3dfox, I'll stand somewhat corrected. Somehow, I doubt that one rustled his jimmies, though.

While I don't want to get into another long winded Anita/feminism etc. argument (I only initially commented to answer what looked like a relatively simple question 'what thunderf00t was talking about'), I'll make a guess as to why the Jayd3dfox thing is viewed differently (this being my speculation about other people's opinions, make of that what you will). Jayd said she was dropping out due to the apparent abuse she was taking, and did so (apparently also closing her Patreon because she didn't want to be a professional victim). This contrasts with Anita who milks the publicity of her alleged abuse for all it's worth, and within a day of the latest apparent threat she was plugging her Patreon on twitter. At least that's my understanding of how these two individuals handled their situation differently, and hence why they provoke a different reaction.

Megalodon:
and within a day of the latest apparent threat she was plugging her Patreon on twitter.

Please don't post second or third hand information. If you're "not going to make an argument" or whatever, that's fine. But you're posting incorrect information with the effect of "justifying" rather than "explaining."

Interesting effect. She routinely posts things looking for support of her 501c (to which people argue she's a shill, or even a "whore"), but if she does it within a specified period of time, she's capitalising and whatnot. Since it is a 501c, misuse of these funds would actually be a big news story, unlike the people who are blasting her and taking money for doing it. However, that's not the story. The people who have no accountability are the ones making the claims that Anita is motivated by profit and whatnot, whereas if they had any actual evidence they could actually bring her down or even possibly put her in jail.

You know what? If you don't want to get into this, fine. If you don't want this debate, fine. Just stop "explaining" for others, especially if it means you fall into the same trap of dishonesty. Because right now, you are getting into another Anita/feminism debate, whether these are your views or not.

Zachary Amaranth:

Megalodon:
and within a day of the latest apparent threat she was plugging her Patreon on twitter.

Please don't post second or third hand information. If you're "not going to make an argument" or whatever, that's fine. But you're posting incorrect information with the effect of "justifying" rather than "explaining."

Interesting effect. She routinely posts things looking for support of her 501c (to which people argue she's a shill, or even a "whore"), but if she does it within a specified period of time, she's capitalising and whatnot. Since it is a 501c, misuse of these funds would actually be a big news story, unlike the people who are blasting her and taking money for doing it. However, that's not the story. The people who have no accountability are the ones making the claims that Anita is motivated by profit and whatnot, whereas if they had any actual evidence they could actually bring her down or even possibly put her in jail.

You know what? If you don't want to get into this, fine. If you don't want this debate, fine. Just stop "explaining" for others, especially if it means you fall into the same trap of dishonesty. Because right now, you are getting into another Anita/feminism debate, whether these are your views or not.

Please point out where I've been dishonest. How me is saying (abridged) "I believe people do not have the same reaction to Jayd and Anita because of their differing circumstances (one feeding on the controversy, the other looking to be left alone)" any different from you saying "Somehow, I doubt that one rustled his jimmies, though.". We're both speculating about another's opinion.

Megalodon:

Please point out where I've been dishonest.

Right there. I said you were falling into the same trap of dishonesty, which is not saying you were being dishonest. In fact, I went on to say that this was regardless of your actual opinion on the matter. Previously, I had pointed out that this was second or third hand information, which should indicate I don't think you're actually being dishonest yourself.

As such, there was no reason to even utter that sentence.

But I take your point. It really is horrible of me to use the same standards that the complainers are using to make the point that those standards, in this case, attempting to justify presumed guilt, are bad. Unfortunately, what could be a teachable moment ends with you attempting to call me out after trying to mansplain the other side's point of view.

And while we're on that point, by the standards of conduct Thunderf00t's set up, it's worth noting that Jayd3 was SO THREATENED that she was still taking shots at Anita and the like even after she was "bullied off the web." To use Thunderf00t logic, "bullshit."

But I doubt anyone's going to seriously go there. I hope they don't, because it really is a cheap shot for someone to assume someone's motivations and work backwards to justify them. The above is for demonstration only. It's just a shame that instead of calling Thunderf00t out on just that, people are posting his videos.

Zachary Amaranth:

Megalodon:

Please point out where I've been dishonest.

Right there. I said you were falling into the same trap of dishonesty, which is not saying you were being dishonest.

Maybe I'm being dense, maybe I'm just too tired to follow, but I don't see the difference there. But fuck it, can't be arsed.

Unfortunately, what could be a teachable moment ends with you attempting to call me out after trying to mansplain the other side's point of view.

Has using such dogmatically ideological and toxic terminology ever achieved anything constructive?

Megalodon:

Has using such dogmatically ideological and toxic terminology ever achieved anything constructive?

Has explaining away the actions of one group and then calling out the same actions in another ever achieved anything constructive?

If you're concerned with being constructive, maybe not providing third-hand apologetics would be a start.

lawrencein:

grey_space:

JoJo:
While I appreciate the sentiment, a memorial is not what we need. What we need is people to honestly put their hands over their hearts and swear 'never again' in regards to harassment. Not women, not men, not children, not small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. Too often is this attitude flying around:

And it's simply not okay to harass or send death threats anyone, least of all ten year old children. What's happening to Zoe and Anita is terrible, but let's not forget they aren't the only ones.

While I read the article and read the links (the statesman one I found particularly interesting and edifying) But I can't understand the reactions to the article, it's a point of view, and a perfectly valid one..

[reads comment]

Holy Fuck

A ten year old boy?

What did he do?

(not that anything he could have done would have made him deserve this. HE IS FUCKING TEN YEARS OF AGE)

I'm in a profession where I get threatened fairly regularly. It's ok, I'm a big boy. While it's very distressing and very stressful I am mature enough to figure out ways to positively deal with the stress and distress. A ten year old is not.

My other, part time job/hobby is instructing children of all ages. Half the time kids don't know what the fuck they mean when they say or do things. They are kids

Gaming and going online to talk about games is one of those things I use to destress and deal.

Now...I really don't know. This internet world...it's becoming as toxic and as distressing as some of the worst nights of my professional career.

I feel a line really has been crossed. I don't care what side did it.

This really has to stop.

Could you give us the background?

Here is what I think this refers to. Spoilered as it's a very tall image.

I have to admit, I really respect this kid. What does it say about people when aside from attacking this 10 year old kid, he comes off as more of an adult than anyone else. He stood up to the bullying and didn't back down and good for him. No victim complex, just tells it like it is in the face of harassment and death threats. And he pulled it off all without hitting people up for money for being a poor victim. He didn't run to the media. No comparing people to ISIS. He didn't call for the extermination of entire groups of people. This is how you inspire people. And yet somehow the ones on the "gamer" side of the conflict are being accused of all manner of immaturity and prejudice exclusively.

No no, by all means Escapist, sit up on your high perch and keep shitting on people. It doesn't matter if you wrote this or not, you have published it on your website and defended it being here, cementing firmly a total bias and a willingness to get behind this websites view of things.

I've heard pretty much all there is to hear about all this Sarkeesian/Quinn bull and frankly I'm not surprised. This isn't the first industry where women have twisted and skewed facts to become noticed and I would bet the life savings I don't have that it won't be the last. That isn't to say I'm against women in games. Feminism is great, it needs to exist because there are a lot of issues.

But I can not and will not stand on either side of this debate wherein it's a contest of who's shit is the shiniest. Quinn is involved in a huge debacle that should be in the history of gaming and may or may not permanently poison the indie dev market for a long, long time. Sarkeesian is nothing new. A person with an agenda that refuses to hear anything against it and twists words to suit her needs. In equally shocking news, the sun rose this morning.

I want to stay neutral on this, I really do. But when it comes to light that the indie dev market is so horribly corrupt that no honest dev can get into the market without kissing the right ass, and has essentially become a carbon-copy of the fetid AAA market, I find it hard to get behind it.

Also, as you agree with the bias on this (you haven't removed it, you've defended it.) I love your barely hidden contempt for those that won't defend poor widdle sarkeesian & quinn.

Saetha:
Jesus. H. Christ.

I am so goddamn sick of this narrative that women - only women, always women, never men - are the only ones harassed online. Are the only ones who get targeted by assholes. Are indicative of some deeper problem in the industry.

Zoe Quinn is the latest in a march of women harassed by gamers? No, Zoe Quinn is the latest in a march of people harassed by gamers. Or have you forgotten so many others that have been bullied in this industry? Ryan Perez. Josh Olin. JonTron. Total Biscuit. Brad Wardell. Jayd3fox. Wizardchan. TFYC. Probably countless other no-name enthusiasts that have had their harassment gone unknown since no one pays attention to them.

Why, why do we only care when it happens to women? Why are we so bloody set on demonizing an entire community, on turning women into precious porcelain dolls, insisting they're too fragile, too delicate to put up with all the obstacles a man must face. Us women, no, apparently we're not strong, independent creatures. Apparently we're delicate, wilting flowers that need strong, brave men like you to save us from the big bad Patriarchy. JonTron's getting harassed? Who cares. Brad Wardell's getting doxxed and threatened? Meh, he's a dude. Anita gets some threats over Twitter? Stop the goddamn presses, let's all rush to her defense and condemn this terrible misogyny in the gaming community - probably by harassing and threatening any of her detractors.

This isn't equality. Not by a long shot. Look up the phrase "benevolent sexism," and then get back to me. Maybe you'll understand how you're little better than those who make such threats in the first place.

This. This right here.

/thread

I have been harassed and had death threats sent to me all the time whenever I've tried an online game. Yet because I'm a straight(actually bi) white male no one seems to care about it. I'm told to just "deal with it" but I shouldn't.

I have no words.
I'm not even going to bother responding to the article as everyone here already has, but rather question who thought this would be a good idea?
This website is so against Anita and the other feminist stuff interfering with games when the issue is entirely unrelated. Most people here aren't even against them, we just want them to shut up and leave our hobby the hell alone. I couldn't care less if a games protagonist is a straight white male or a multi-race pansexual hermaphrodite as long as I can play the damn thing.
People were complaining about the shitty quality and pointlessness of threads discussing feminists/gender quality on here when I joined, and nothing has changed.
Please stop.

Hey! Wow! This was a really great article and that New Statesman piece was perfection! Since I am not a freaking monster I know and fully understand the need for this article (and the NS piece). Clearly in these comments you can see it doesn't work though! These people can not be reasoned with because they do not reason! I actually READ the attached and linked articles, I am actually familiar with these things, I KNOW WHAT TROPES ARE, so I get it. And for all the people who "don't get it" they wont, it's in another language you can't just repeat it to them in new ways.

It's sad, but wonderful at the same time. Look at all the people who claim they will leave the site! Look at that insanely creepy and stalkery tumblr page! I am a gay man so I know from monsters in people clothes, when they start to shed the things that make them "just like us" and something we think we can reason with, PROGRESS HAPPENS. These people are gamings klansmen/stalkers/gaybashers, in all their levels and to see them they have to come out as it were. Leaving reputable sites, creating conspiracy tumblers of rage and infographics creating obviously mysoginistic movements helps everyone see that they are the problem.

It's delightfully ironic that due to their flipping out over some lady taking their games away, their games will be taken away. Enjoy the fringe guys! A lot of my old enemies are there crying over the pictures of me and my husband, shared grief perhaps?

RaikuFA:

Saetha:
Jesus. H. Christ.

I am so goddamn sick of this narrative that women - only women, always women, never men - are the only ones harassed online. Are the only ones who get targeted by assholes. Are indicative of some deeper problem in the industry.

Zoe Quinn is the latest in a march of women harassed by gamers? No, Zoe Quinn is the latest in a march of people harassed by gamers. Or have you forgotten so many others that have been bullied in this industry? Ryan Perez. Josh Olin. JonTron. Total Biscuit. Brad Wardell. Jayd3fox. Wizardchan. TFYC. Probably countless other no-name enthusiasts that have had their harassment gone unknown since no one pays attention to them.

Why, why do we only care when it happens to women? Why are we so bloody set on demonizing an entire community, on turning women into precious porcelain dolls, insisting they're too fragile, too delicate to put up with all the obstacles a man must face. Us women, no, apparently we're not strong, independent creatures. Apparently we're delicate, wilting flowers that need strong, brave men like you to save us from the big bad Patriarchy. JonTron's getting harassed? Who cares. Brad Wardell's getting doxxed and threatened? Meh, he's a dude. Anita gets some threats over Twitter? Stop the goddamn presses, let's all rush to her defense and condemn this terrible misogyny in the gaming community - probably by harassing and threatening any of her detractors.

This isn't equality. Not by a long shot. Look up the phrase "benevolent sexism," and then get back to me. Maybe you'll understand how you're little better than those who make such threats in the first place.

This. This right here.

/thread

I have been harassed and had death threats sent to me all the time whenever I've tried an online game. Yet because I'm a straight(actually bi) white male no one seems to care about it. I'm told to just "deal with it" but I shouldn't.

So is your point then that Anita deserves everything? Are you trying to sell me on two wrongs making a right?

Ed130 The Vanguard:

ex951753:
Well, I'll be ignoring all of Critical Distance articles from now on. I must say, even though I still frequent the Escapist, it's losing it's appeal rapidly. Can anyone suggest me another alternate source of game media that's not full of bs?

Sleekit:

I'm currently going with Techraptor for now, but Sleekit's list is a good start.

please take more "people" with you!

Trigger Waring: Contains facts.

Here is the news that men online get over twice the abuse as a percentage of overall interaction than women do:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/sexism-cyberspace-men-receive-more-twitter-abuse-women-110858728.html#nzS3qBm

Here is analysis of why women seem interpret all abuse as gendered abuse, even though men and women use gendered slurs at about equal rates:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/09/04/men-are-harassed-more-than-women-online.html

And here is some commentary on Feminism abusing it's self online due to minor differences:

http://www.thenation.com/article/178140/feminisms-toxic-twitter-wars

So i think this narrative that women are harassed online more and are done so purely for being women is 100% complete bullshit. It's often used a shield or a stick to beat people who disagree with certain viewpoints. Women see almost ALL abuse online as "Because I'm a woman" and i think it enhances their profile over and above the statistical reality because it nets them more attention. Men who are abused online are generally ignored or told to get over it. Women who are abused online create massive media defense networks and make careers out of it.

Woman always = Victim and Man always = abuser might fight your nice neat little ideological narrative but it simply isn't true.

thundra:
Just when you think its over the war continues

Okay that got a big laugh out of me. I really needed that with all of... this. Thank you for existing good sir or madame. :)

Good for the escapist for calling this shite out. I'm so sick of these gamers screaming and throwing shit like infant monkeys. A pity you currently have the worst possible audience with this repellent community.

Fenrox Jackson:

RaikuFA:

Saetha:
Jesus. H. Christ.

This. This right here.

/thread

So is your point then that Anita deserves everything? Are you trying to sell me on two wrongs making a right?

Actually the other way around. There should be NO harassment.

Saetha:

Barring the last part, which is already a non sequitur, who, precisely is saying these things? For your complaints about a narrative, the only people I see discussing this are the ones complaining about it.

Bolo The Great:

Woman always = Victim and Man always = abuser might fight your nice neat little ideological narrative but it simply isn't true.

It might fit your nice neat little ideological narrative if you're made of straw and specifically constructed to be knocked down in effigy.

Good to finally see an article that takes a well thought out, nonbiased, thoughtfully written article that looks at both "sides" of such an incredibly complex issue...

As for the graphs, please keep in mind the decrease took place in a week or two.

It can be subject to a "correction" just like market, or other cyclical process with booms, busts, and bubbles.

Just wait and see.

As for harassment. Was stalked when 16yo, that's 11 years ago. Some tards sent me my address. The response wasn't to talk about it on social media, or to blame anyone. That's very counterproductive. Given how pointless and wrong for the harassed it is to get into arguments with stalkers, it's rather fishy how events unfolded.

I just followed the Escapists rules of conduct on this matter.

I reported it and will be moving on.

And this is the stance I urge everyone else to take. Maybe the mods can take down this incredibly offensive piece of obvious flamebait, as it clearly goes against the site's rules.

Check the "locked/deleted threads" section and then "trolling" and "advertising".
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.112832-The-Banhammer-and-You-A-Users-Guide-to-the-Forums

and this one for "trolling",
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/codeofconduct

What are you talking about?

We did it guys - Critical Distance will be keeping a critical distance from this site from now on.

Now that these trolls are gone, and the Escapist doing a good job of reaching out to gamers, I hope we can all move forward together, in a positive way.

And to Critical Distance - don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here