Take a Deeper Look at Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Movement System, Exosuits

Take a Deeper Look at Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Movement System, Exosuits

Latest look at Advanced Warfare multiplayer details movement system, customization, modes, and maps.

The "Multiplayer Deep Dive" trailer is Activision and Sledgehammer Games latest look at multiplayer in the forthcoming Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare's. As the trailer says, Advanced Warfare is decidedly a Call of Duty experience, but the exosuit will have a major impact on how the average shooter fan traverses each map.

Boost is the word of the day. Boost Jump. Boost Slide, Boost Dodge. Boost Dash. Boost Slam. Boost Mobile. It's all there. The Boost Slam is the standout, as it offers the most nimble, clever (lucky?) of players a chance to Turn Down For What all over unsuspecting enemies.

Also detailed in the trailer? Exosuit abilities (cloaking, defenses), many of which act as perks in the latest COD installment. Player customization, maps (four are detailed), and snippets from some of Advanced Warfare's game modes are in the spotlight as well.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare arrives on November 4th for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and the PC.

So basically it's Titanfall without Titans?

DugMachine:

Came here to say this. Looks almost exactly like a pilot v pilot mode would look in TF

A lot of "franchise history" is apparently being made...

You know, just like every other Call of Duty does?

PsychicTaco115:
A lot of "franchise history" is apparently being made...

You know, just like every other Call of Duty does?

Shh. We all need to forget that dodging was a thing in shooters 15 years ago...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llPFzErXNE0

-Devin Connors
Tech Editor, Unrealer Extraordinaire

So basically they've looked at Titanfall and said "How can we make it better?" in this version of the multiplayer. And there is even a singleplayer mode which allows you to keep playing the game after everyone moves on to the next installment.

DugMachine:

with a big ol' slice of Crysis 2 to go with it

Well, there went my smallest interest in this game. Not exactly innovative just like the other (half a) dozen CoD games.

teh_Canape:

DugMachine:

with a big ol' slice of Crysis 2 to go with it

Ninja'd. A bit more biting off of Crysis 2 to me. Can Call of Duty go much further into the future before it craps out. I take it the last installment will steal heavily from Star trek Elite Force II.

I'm gonna go out and say that while this doesn't look innovative for FPS multiplayer (though it is for CoD itself), it does look cool. I don't own a Xbox, so I missed titanfall, and this is feeling to me like the next best thing. Fun if a bit too frenetic.
If the PS3 version is decent (will there be one at all?) I just might get it. Or if I get a PS4 anytime soon.

Hell yeah, I can not wait for it to drop. The multiplayer keeps looking better and better and I love the way how hectic it looks. It gives it an extra challenge.

Have developers not learned?

Unless you're Halo or Unreal......verticality sucks in shooters.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here