Farewell Jim Sterling

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

The Escapist should throw money at Total Biscuit now to get some sort of original series similar to his soundcloud content from him.

I will be honest, Jim Sterling has always been like the poor man's version of Total Biscuit anyways. Over the last 3 months, at least, every topic brought up on the Jimquisition, that was not a veiled snipe at GG, were topics TotalBiscuit complained about himself in HIS videos and podcasts.

Not to mention TB, is a lot better at phrasing his opinions without trying to turn them into snarky attacks on his audience who might disagree. There was a time when this felt raw and powerful, now it is just seems watered down, tired, and repetitive.

Farewell Jim,
may you have Patreon wishes and Kickstarter dreams!

This thread got really weird in the last few pages. It's kind of disheartening to see how many people think this news about Jim Sterling's personal career decisions are actually about them, whether it's "Hooray, we, the heroes of GamerGate have successfully defeated the wicked fiend who so oppressed us by disagreeing with us!" or "Huzzah, we, the heroes of anti-GamerGate, have been given a sign of solidarity that the blessed leader has left this site for reasons quite contrary to the ones he states but we know what he actually means!" I thought about commenting on Mr. Sterling's departure, but then I figured nah, my donation to his Patreon page would probably serve as a much more sincere statement than anything I could type.

Johnny Novgorod:
My heart was already broken when Lisa left, and The Escapist staff didn't so much as acknowledge it. She just vanished. Poof.

I feel you. Her program was easily my favorite; though I originally came to this site for Mr. Croshaw's fast-paced vitriol, I came to love her more laid back sense of absurdity even more, and it was and still is a damn shame to lose her show.

Johnny Novgorod:
Yeah, just like the [very classy statement] he didn't make when Lisa packed her things earlier this year.

I don't follow social media, which seems to be the only place people talk about this stuff, so please forgive me if there's evidence I'm wrong about this, but my impression was she was, well, fired. That her show didn't generate enough traffic (there's no accounting for taste).

SlumlordThanatos:
Given Jim's remarks after announcing his departure from the Escapist, I'm wondering why the management has nothing to say about his badmouthing (in public) his former employers.

Disagreeing with a business model is not badmouthing. It's disagreeing.

Well, I guess there is not reason to come here anymore. Its sad to see The Escapist letting down their talent again like this.

Jim is moving away from an ad supported model, huh?

I saw this coming a while back, after he posted that ad-block video.
Jim leaving was inevitable, given the way that ad-block thread went.

Glen Compton:
The Escapist should throw money at Total Biscuit now to get some sort of original series similar to his soundcloud content from him.

I will be honest, Jim Sterling has always been like the poor man's version of Total Biscuit anyways. Over the last 3 months, at least, every topic brought up on the Jimquisition, that was not a veiled snipe at GG, were topics TotalBiscuit complained about himself in HIS videos and podcasts.

Not to mention TB, is a lot better at phrasing his opinions without trying to turn them into snarky attacks on his audience who might disagree. There was a time when this felt raw and powerful, now it is just seems watered down, tired, and repetitive.

Farewell Jim,
may you have Patreon wishes and Kickstarter dreams!

To be fair TB and Jim are buddies.

Greg Tito:
Farewell Jim Sterling

Jimquisition

The Escapist bids a fond farewell to one of its favorite contributors.

Jim Sterling began posting videos on The Escapist back in April 2011. The first few Jimquisitions were a bit unpolished, shall we say, in the technical department. But once Jim got a new microphone, his voice got a lot stronger and his shows only got better. The Escapist proudly hosted Jim's op-ed videos on the gaming industry for more than three years and 210 episodes. Last year, I was extremely happy to ask him to join the editorial team as Reviews Editor. Jim's professionalism was only outmatched by his surprisingly tender heart - despite his persona, Jim is really just a big teddy bear of a person. He was a fixture at the Escapist Expo, worked with the other contributors on tons of collaborations and everyone here considers him a part of the family.

It is with a heavy heart, then, that I announce Jim Sterling's departure from The Escapist. Jimquisition, Movie Defense Force and Uncivil War will no longer be published here. There will also no longer be any game reviews written by Jim Sterling at The Escapist.

I'm happy to say that even though Jim's work will no longer be presented at The Escapist, it is by no means going away. He has set up an amazing Patreon which will allow him to continue writing reviews and making Jimquisition videos through the direct support of his readers. Jim will only be beholden to you, the consumers, and I think that's awesome. On behalf of everyone here at The Escapist, I wish him all the best and I sincerely hope you head to Jim's Patreon to check it out. I know I will be going there to watch his videos every week.

Thank God for Jim Sterling,

Greg Tito
Editor-in-Chief

Why did he leave?

UltimaeFanBoy:
Why did he leave?

Click the Patreon link in the article you quoted.

http://theralphretort.com/racist-tweets-leigh-alexander-discovered/

http://theralphretort.com/gamergate-exposes-leigh-alexander-part-2/

Dam, maybe uncritically siding with a spiteful woman who hates a huge portion of Jim's audience, and holding her up as a flawless being while lecturing everyone else wasn't a good long term strategy.

Blast GG all you like, but don't white wash the other side. The whole reason so many people flipped out was because they had their voices muted one too many times, and having been run out of appropriate venues, many ran to inappropriate venues. And the whole tactic of holding up all the worst ones to try and silence those with legitimate complains merely empowered and encouraged the worst. Whoops.

Also can we agree anyone who does this: imgur.com/a/4VOcx should have their victim privileges confiscated? It doesn't justify harassment and shit, but I'd say its sufficient to ruin any martyr claims and not make it worth while to launch 10 different person attack articles and pretend no one should be offended.

Thank god for Alexender Leigh and thank god for clickbait?

I'm genuinely sad at this.

I came to this site originally because I liked ZP, but then became more interested in Extra Credits, Moviebob and eventually Jim when he came along.

Farewell, and thank god for Jim.

Adultratedhydra:

Auron225:
Aww :( I was really liking Uncivil War and looking forward to the next season. Not gonna lie, I was never a huge fan of Jim's stuff but I liked the rapport he and Yahtzee had.

As someone stated earlier jim became alot more dry and forced in later episodes of uncivil war. I wouldnt be suprised if they had internal disagreements over Yahtzee's neutrality on GG and his well documented dislike of SJW's and their ilk.

Escapist has lost something good but at the same time jim's last few videos have been nothing but whining and a far cry from the pro-consumer godsend he used to be. Maybe that will change with his solo site but somehow i doubt it will happen quickly.

If Jim is still friends with TotalBiscuit, I bet he can manage to still be friends with Yahtzee.

Wandering_Hero:

Dam, maybe uncritically siding with a spiteful woman who hates a huge portion of Jim's audience, and holding her up as a flawless being while lecturing everyone else wasn't a good long term strategy.

Where did Jim do this?

Also, with Patreon backing at over 6K a month, what about this has proved bad?

Zachary Amaranth:

Wandering_Hero:

Where did Jim do this?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/8618-The-Wacky-Harassment-Blame-Parade

No mention at all of any valid crtiqiue made against her, and how valid negative reviews got flushed en masse. I gotta wonder how many of those complainers were from the forum of depressed virgins quinn attacks.

As for Leigh... you clicked the above links, right?

So there will be 50% less reviews on this site, since recently Jim seems to have been producing half of all reviews.
What exactly will this site give us, except for endless Disney Princess drawings, other deviant art shit and Zero Punctuation?

Dogstile:

cleric of the order:

R.K. Meades:
Keep doing your thing, Jim, and get that money.

Ignore the insufferable yokels who are slating your Patreon campaign on social media.

what?
What's happening to his patreon?
Heck why'd he leave to begin with, it looked like he had a good thing going here.

Those anti GG's he likes to support have thrown their lot in with SJW's. SJW's regularly attack eachother over simple things, like him being a white male. Have a few link, it's kind of hilarious to watch the anti GG side tear itself apart.

https://media.8chan.co/gg/src/1416039100607.jpg
https://media.8chan.co/gg/src/1416039233816.jpg
https://media.8chan.co/gg/src/1416039287703.jpg
https://media.8chan.co/gg/src/1416039352755.jpg
https://media.8chan.co/gg/src/1416039817298.jpg
https://media.8chan.co/gg/src/1416041278548.jpg

Netrigan:

The Lunatic:

A consumer movement essentially works as followed.

See Developer/Publisher doing something people disagree with > Bring attention to the issue in hope of change.

Which is what Gamergate is doing.

Except it's been completely side-tracked with anti-SJW nonsense from the jump, so much so that it created Operation: Bayonetta because someone had the audacity to have the "wrong" opinion in a video game review. GamerGate is setting itself up as the Political Officer of the gaming industry, trying to discourage discussion about any topic it deems off-limits.

See above. Hope you like your allies!

As a lifelong Republican who has been mocking the Far Left since Reagan was President, in-fighting among the various factions is a constant. So whoop-de-do.

Gaters have numerous factions and there's plenty of in-fighting as well. MundaneMatt basically trolled King of Pol, while many complained about the e-celebrities getting too big for their britches. Milo stepped away because he thought you were going down a funny conspiratorial path.

The Sarkesian Effect guys continue to be hateful Muppets who have trouble capturing audio while begging for cash to make their totally professional documentary.

Hope you like your Allies!

And doesn't speak to my comment about Gaters getting distracted by something which has fuck all to do with Journalistic Ethics.

My problem with GG is the same one I have with many Feminists, the arrogance that if you believe in a core belief, you must be with them... as if the weird political vibe isn't what keeps many people far away.

I really can't understand the thought that Jim is somehow an anti gamergate hardliner. Jim certainly leans towards the other side but he's no moviebob who actively demonizes gamergaters.

The man's first reaction was a desire to stay out of the whole thing and considering the outrage over him not siding with Gamergate he was completely right in that. Its rather shameless to pester someone into picking a side and then being angry it didn't turn out to be yours.

Even when Jim did have to give his opinion he did so rather carefully, perhaps overly so. Its true that recently Jim has been making passive aggressive comments about gamergate but why shouldn't he? Its them who keep pestering, and pestering and pestering him so Jim has every right to be annoyed at them. Being hostile to Jim isn't going to endear gamergate to him, in fact it arguably caused him to snap at the movement to begin with.

It may be a bit shocking but people don't actually have a duty to support Gamergate. Its exactly this black and white type of thinking that makes the movement not as sympathetic as it could be. I have enough sympathy for Gamergate to at least play the devils advocate for it but things like these do play part in me not respecting the movement all that much. Why not let Jim have his opinion about Gamergate and leave it at that OR just allow Jim the neutrality he so desires because pestering about it only draws him further in the opposite direction.

Its been theorized here that Jim had some conflict with Yatzee about the later being neutral about Gamergate but...why would he? Jim tried to come off as neutral as well so why would he have a problem with someone else not caring?

Wandering_Hero:

No mention at all of any valid crtiqiue made against her, and how valid negative reviews got flushed en masse.

I'm confused though, as that wasn't your claim. You said:

It would seem from your second response that "no mention of any valid critique" equates to holding her up as a flawless being, which would indicate you're making false accusations. Now, I'm going to assume you're not doing that, so allow me to ask again: where did Jim do this?

To that end, you linked to tweets by Leigh Alexander. This implies that she's relevant, or even the topic. Does Jim even mention her?

As for Leigh... you clicked the above links, right?

Yes, and if her talking about "hood rats" was anything but an ex post facto justification for jumping on her (remember, even a shitty site like the Ralph Retort mentions that they "started the fire" before learning about this), you'd have something.

To that end, it looks like all you're doing is proving Jim's point about looking to blame the victim. And since Jim didn't actually praise Quinn or Alexander, I'm having trouble taking you seriously and not just another Gamergater.

Aw, man... Well, this is sudden. I never saw it coming...

I remember when I first came across The Jimquisition. Some video about how videogames are not movies. Nothing about how people try to make games "cinematic" in the most delirious ways, nothing about low framrates, nothing about quick time events, nothing about control constantly being taken away, nothing about scripted events in linear corridors, just him saying "videogames aren't movies" over and over and over again. It was not a good first impression, and I just avoided him for a long time.

But all that changed when there was all this buzz about his video, Desensitized to Violence. After quite some time of hearing people speaking of its significance. I eventually decided to pop over to look at the video and give him and the show another chance. And boy, was I not disappointed. That was definitely one of his most important videos ever. Things were still a bit shaky for a bit after that, but in time, I grew to appreciate The Jimquisition. I'm certainly not a fan of the pompous persona he puts on (I think it really diminishes the enjoyment and some of the validity of the series), but the discussions he explores and ravels in were an acceptable trade-off.

There have been various things I've disagreed with him on (No, Serious Sam is not dumb... No, BioShock Infinite is not at all fresh and new... No, [i]Dynasty Warriors is nothing remotely-close to a "Citizen Kayne of Gaming" by any stretch of the imagination!), but I'm glad he's been able to step up and speak out! His work has even become an influence on a videogame series I hope to create someday...

What...Jim why would you leave? *reads comments* Oh, right.

JimB:

So to read behind the lines the Escapist expressed interest in getting him to compromise his personal ethics for financial gain?

Huh.

ForumSafari:

JimB:

So to read behind the lines the Escapist expressed interest in getting him to compromise his personal ethics for financial gain?

Huh.

It also seems like he was butthurt that The Escapist is one of the few sites that tried to be neutral about #GamerGate instead of being fiercely anti and taking the banhammer to the forums discussing it. If that's the truth, then that's pretty gross. Jim Sterling promoting censorship? I believe it, but don't want to.

ForumSafari:

JimB:

Huh.

I think there may be a bit of unfair accusation in your tone--what business doesn't expect its employees to compromise personal ethics in the name of money?--but essentially, yeah, that's what I take from it too.

JimB:

I think there may be a bit of unfair accusation in your tone--what business doesn't expect its employees to compromise personal ethics in the name of money?--but essentially, yeah, that's what I take from it too.

The people I work for don't expect me to, in fact any company I work for won't because a lot of my personal ethics happen to dovetail with the professional ethical guidelines of the bodies I'm a member of. Since Jim's personal ethics (from what I can see from his shows) seem to dovetail tightly with the Escapist's neutrality and transparency policy it's just an interesting thought.

Particularly as, whilst the Jimquisition was his big thing, he also reviewed games.

All the best Jim! I always enjoyed your contributions to the Escapist.

Netrigan:

Dogstile:

cleric of the order:

what?
What's happening to his patreon?
Heck why'd he leave to begin with, it looked like he had a good thing going here.

Those anti GG's he likes to support have thrown their lot in with SJW's. SJW's regularly attack eachother over simple things, like him being a white male. Have a few link, it's kind of hilarious to watch the anti GG side tear itself apart.

https://media.8chan.co/gg/src/1416039100607.jpg
https://media.8chan.co/gg/src/1416039233816.jpg
https://media.8chan.co/gg/src/1416039287703.jpg
https://media.8chan.co/gg/src/1416039352755.jpg
https://media.8chan.co/gg/src/1416039817298.jpg
https://media.8chan.co/gg/src/1416041278548.jpg

Netrigan:

Except it's been completely side-tracked with anti-SJW nonsense from the jump, so much so that it created Operation: Bayonetta because someone had the audacity to have the "wrong" opinion in a video game review. GamerGate is setting itself up as the Political Officer of the gaming industry, trying to discourage discussion about any topic it deems off-limits.

See above. Hope you like your allies!

As a lifelong Republican who has been mocking the Far Left since Reagan was President, in-fighting among the various factions is a constant. So whoop-de-do.

Gaters have numerous factions and there's plenty of in-fighting as well. MundaneMatt basically trolled King of Pol, while many complained about the e-celebrities getting too big for their britches. Milo stepped away because he thought you were going down a funny conspiratorial path.

The Sarkesian Effect guys continue to be hateful Muppets who have trouble capturing audio while begging for cash to make their totally professional documentary.

Hope you like your Allies!

And doesn't speak to my comment about Gaters getting distracted by something which has fuck all to do with Journalistic Ethics.

My problem with GG is the same one I have with many Feminists, the arrogance that if you believe in a core belief, you must be with them... as if the weird political vibe isn't what keeps many people far away.

Protip man, I mock pro GG people too. They're pretty pathetic too, but at least I can see a few things where they've made a good difference, I also only find about half as much mockworthy shit as on the anti gg side.

It's all a giant clusterfuck of people who care to much about games.

Wandering_Hero:

Blast GG all you like, but don't white wash the other side. The whole reason so many people flipped out was because they had their voices muted one too many times, and having been run out of appropriate venues, many ran to inappropriate venues. And the whole tactic of holding up all the worst ones to try and silence those with legitimate complains merely empowered and encouraged the worst. Whoops.

Also can we agree anyone who does this: imgur.com/a/4VOcx should have their victim privileges confiscated? It doesn't justify harassment and shit, but I'd say its sufficient to ruin any martyr claims and not make it worth while to launch 10 different person attack articles and pretend no one should be offended.

That's hilarious. You're bringing Leigh Alexander and Zoe Quinn into a discussion about Jim Sterling leaving. What does Leigh Alexander's Tweets have to do with Jim Sterling starting his own site?

This is what I love about GG. For all the talk about ethics, for all the posturing about wanting to make games journalism better as self-appointed ombudsmen, for all their chest-thumping about being pro-consumer, too many folks simply cannot help themselves and keep coming back to the female targets, the "LWs," even in situations like this where they have next to nothing to do with the discussion. They can't help but go back to the screencaps and Tweets and the smears and the faux outrage and the victim blaming/doubting....even as they insist it's not about Zoe Quinn.

Uh-huh.

P.S. Good luck, Mr. Sterling, and godspeed Jimquisition.

Late to the party here, but good luck Jim! My $5 a month is in the mail.

It is a shame that he evidently didn't part with the Escapist on the best of terms. Jim has gone on to become my favourite gaming personality, and Jimquisition is the thing I look forward to more than anything else. While I'll still visit the Escapist for Yahtzee, Moviebob, Unskippable and the forums, I feel like the site has lost a huge asset.

I don't want to focus on the GamerGate thing for any longer than necessary because I'm just sick to death of it, but those people need to get over the fact that Jim Sterling stands for ethics, anti-corruption, and anti-harassment just as much as any GamerGate supporter. Just because he's condemned the movement on harassment grounds (and you would have to be lying, blind or mad not to understand why someone would come to that conclusion), does not mean they shouldn't support him. I'm not saying they have to give him money, I'm just saying it's not wise to blacklist, decry and harass a pro-consumer voice just because he has different political views.

I really hope he and Yahtzee decide to restart Uncivil War. If nothing else, show us the mustard video!

Exley97:

Wandering_Hero:

That's hilarious. You're bringing Leigh Alexander and Zoe Quinn into a discussion about Jim Sterling leaving. What does Leigh Alexander's Tweets have to do with Jim Sterling starting his own site?

This is what I love about GG. For all the talk about ethics, for all the posturing about wanting to make games journalism better as self-appointed ombudsmen, for all their chest-thumping about being pro-consumer, too many folks simply cannot help themselves and keep coming back to the female targets, the "LWs," even in situations like this where they have next to nothing to do with the discussion. They can't help but go back to the screencaps and Tweets and the smears and the faux outrage and the victim blaming/doubting....even as they insist it's not about Zoe Quinn.

Uh-huh.

P.S. Good luck, Mr. Sterling, and godspeed Jimquisition.

I'd love to see a man get away with the things I linked. The stunt on the forum for depressed virgins would be impressive to see if the genders were reverses, especially if they got someone in Jim's position to still defend and support them.

I suppose boasting about destroying people's carears is only considered bad when men do it, right?

Thank god for sexism.

Kingjackl:

It is a shame that he evidently didn't part with the Escapist on the best of terms. Jim has gone on to become my favourite gaming personality, and Jimquisition is the thing I look forward to more than anything else. While I'll still visit the Escapist for Yahtzee, Moviebob, Unskippable and the forums, I feel like the site has lost a huge asset.

I don't want to focus on the GamerGate thing for any longer than necessary because I'm just sick to death of it, but those people need to get over the fact that Jim Sterling stands for ethics, anti-corruption, and anti-harassment just as much as any GamerGate supporter. Just because he's condoned the movement on harassment grounds (and you would have to be lying, blind or mad not to understand why someone would come to that conclusion), does not mean they shouldn't support him. I'm not saying they have to give him money, I'm just saying it's not wise to blacklist, decry and harass a pro-consumer voice just because he has different political views.

I really hope he and Yahtzee decide to restart Uncivil War. If nothing else, show us the mustard video!

I think you mean "condemned" not "condoned." But otherwise, well said. It's stunning to me how quickly some GG people turned on him when he declined to fall in line with their ideology and unconditionally support the movement, when part of Sterling's allure in the first place was his independence and refusal to kowtow. And rather than taking a step back and considering "Hey, maybe Jim's got a good point here," they started digging up old Tweets of his (which were offensive, to be sure, but which he has TOTALLY and 100 percent owned) that they never ONCE had an issue with until he started criticizing GG recently. How incredibly hypocritical.

EDIT: this is ultimately what burns me about GG. A month or two ago when GG starting ramping up their "Leigh Alexander is a racist and a bigot and bully," I asked on this very site why people were so offended by her old Tweets when other male figures have Tweeted/written dumb, offensive and even racist things and no one said boo about it and demanded they get pink slipped. And I mentioned Sterling as an example (again, all due respect to Sterling for owning up to his Tweets). And no one cared. That was then. Now that Sterling is more outspoke about GG and supporting the folks they're targeting? He's a racist and a bully and a fraud and totally unprofessional. GG only cares about painting someone as a racist or a bigot or a bully or a drunken unprofessional when they can be identified as "Anti-GG" like Alexander or Miles Cheong or Arthur Chu. And now it's Sterling's turn. What a bunch of phonies.

But remember, everyone, it's actually about journalism ethics.

I will miss not having videos on a Monday :(
Hope we retain some of the content other than Jimquisition - such as Movie Defence Force

Exley97:

Kingjackl:

I don't want to focus on the GamerGate thing for any longer than necessary because I'm just sick to death of it, but those people need to get over the fact that Jim Sterling stands for ethics, anti-corruption, and anti-harassment just as much as any GamerGate supporter. Just because he's condoned the movement on harassment grounds (and you would have to be lying, blind or mad not to understand why someone would come to that conclusion), does not mean they shouldn't support him. I'm not saying they have to give him money, I'm just saying it's not wise to blacklist, decry and harass a pro-consumer voice just because he has different political views.

I think you mean "condemned" not "condoned." But otherwise, well said. It's stunning to me how quickly some GG people turned on him when he declined to fall in line with their ideology and unconditionally support the movement, when part of Sterling's allure in the first place was his independence and refusal to kowtow. And rather than taking a step back and considering "Hey, maybe Jim's got a good point here," they started digging up old Tweets of his (which were offensive, to be sure, but which he has TOTALLY and 100 percent owned) that they never ONCE had an issue with until he started criticizing GG recently. How incredibly hypocritical.

EDIT: this is ultimately what burns me about GG. A month or two ago when GG starting ramping up their "Leigh Alexander is a racist and a bigot and bully," I asked on this very site why people were so offended by her old Tweets when other male figures have Tweeted/written dumb, offensive and even racist things and no one said boo about it and demanded they get pink slipped. And I mentioned Sterling as an example (again, all due respect to Sterling for owning up to his Tweets). And no one cared. That was then. Now that Sterling is more outspoke about GG and supporting the folks they're targeting? He's a racist and a bully and a fraud and totally unprofessional. GG only cares about painting someone as a racist or a bigot or a bully or a drunken unprofessional when they can be identified as "Anti-GG" like Alexander or Miles Cheong or Arthur Chu. And now it's Sterling's turn. What a bunch of phonies.

But remember, everyone, it's actually about journalism ethics.

You're right about the condemned thing. Haven't had much sleep lately :)

Oh, those tweets. It's amazing how petty it is when someone throws out that link, like they're Phoenix Wright shouting "Objection!", as if that will somehow destroy his reputation and undermine everything he has to say. The thing is, it is much easier to find examples of Jim distancing himself from those tweets and saying he's turned over a new leaf than it is to dig up the tweets themselves. Everyone who does it would have to know he's apologised, they're just doing it to work themselves up and turn people who don't know the full story.

There is far too much targeting of people instead of issues with GamerGate. Not all of them are like that, and god bless people like TotalBiscuit for trying to create something worthwhile out of the whole thing, but I personally don't think the movement has a positive future unless it can lose that focus on outspoken individuals.

Extra Credits, Susan, and now Jim. Gawww, it hurts. Burrrrns. I'm not one for Patreon as I don't make much money, but could chuck Jim a dollar or two to see his content.

For all the retention issue the Escapist has at least they're a good source to introduce me to quality content creators. Still follow the Extra Credit crew and Susans odd review now and again.

MatsVS:
Already supported his Patreon, looking forward to much more quality content. And I, for one, am glad he stayed mostly out of the GamerGate thing for the most part. That whole debacle was a fucking joke as it was, and everyone who stuck their nose in it was tainted for it. All the best to Jim fucking Sterling in his future endeavours.

He didn't stay out. He was tweeting for support against Gamergate. He was the best anti-Gamergate. I only wanted him to acknowledge the other side, and not generalize.

Hail Sterling?

I will still thank god for you Jim ****ing Sterling, son!

Best of luck to you in whatever endeavors you undertake.

So that only leaves Yahtzee and MovieBob. Well, I guess that won't take too long because Jim Sterling his new site will probably become bigger eventually than the Escapist. And presumably MB and Yahtzee will go fourth and join him.

Good luck sir Sterling, and I will be popping over when the site goes live.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here