France Accuses Scientologists of Fraud

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Way you go! I tip my none-existant hat to you france. I take back all most of the things I said about you guys.

I don't know why this bugs me, but those are Guy Fawkes masks. Him and V are both try to do the same thing, but it still annoys me.

I also hope all the jurors don't wear them, because I hate Anonymous even more than some fake religion.

Guido Fawkes strikes again to topple the corrupt and powerful, only this time, he strikes en-masse and with cake. In France.

Vous avez des mensonges, nous avons le gāteau!

BobisOnlyBob:

Le gāteau est un mensonge!

I'm beginning to like the French more and more. I wonder if the French Canadians will do the same thing? Wouldn't that be a great day, maybe the French and English Canadians would finally like each other.

This has definitely led me to gain a level of respect for France, America, learn from this example!

As much as we like to bag the French for being cowards (I know I do). They did save North American's arse in the war of independence by blockading the English ships' retreat.

I personally dislike them- in a national sense- because they kept testing their fucking bombs in the Pacific, my backyard, and their secret service cowardly blew up the Rainbow Warrior in a major NZ port murdering somebody in the process. Of course, the arrogant fools got caught and when NZ allowed them to serve out the rest of their sentance on their home soil, they were quickly released and given medals of honour. The finks.

Still, they had the sense to stay out of a misguided money-grubbing adventure in the Middle East. Perhaps because they didn't own shares in Haliburton. And they seem to be showing good sense in regards to $cientology.

Has Anon really toppled Scientology? If so, then I shudder for their next target...

What exactly is Scientology? I never entirely understood what it was supposed to be.

Now see here folks...Europeans know how to get this shit done.

Hurray! France is taking the first bold governmental step!
Alright Obama, your turn.

God bless the French, you are forgiven for that Maginot Line business...

Wow, the French are getting things done, good things for the betterment of mankind. What does this mean next? Us Canadians are going to start a war? I hope its with Myst Island. I hate those guys!

After reading that article about Hubbard and his son, I've concluded they are both as reprehensible as each other.

The cult is a harmful money harvesting group that makes The Brotherhood of Nod look calm and friendly by comparison, I can only hope it is destroyed posthaste and that it never reamurges.

NeoAC:
What does this mean, next? Us Canadians are going to start a war? I hope its with Myst Island. I hate those guys!

I see what you did there.

About time, Anon. I've been following this stuff since they started, and it was starting to get a little bit sad.

How is intolerance lauded?

Pyon:
How is intolerance lauded?

Justice, i think, is the goal here.

Intolerance would be if we condemned these people on their beliefs. We condemn them, rather, on their crimes.

Scientology isn't a religion, it's pyramid scheme with sparkles.

The_root_of_all_evil:

BobisOnlyBob:

You two just explained everyone why I hate the French.

You always use your language even in an international forum and think everyone knows what it means.

France...you're an arrogant mass of overhyped culture junkies with little regard for anything further than your own arses. But thanks for this. Thank you.

Your ever loving Neighbour; Britain.

P.S. Stop putting your language in our school curriculum, you'd think after 70 years of it we'd have it down. But we don't. Give up.

Kukul:
What about USA?
When will your goverment make $cientology illegal?
Or are there already too many $cientologists in power to do that?

Alot of American Celebs are scientologists so they have no chance

Viva La France

Vive le Xenu!

SnowCold:
Vive la France!

Sylocat:
I have gained new respect for the French.

Haliwali:
My loathing of the French has subsided a bit..

All of the above.

I hope this turns the court room (or where ever they are holding this thing) into a flame war, that'd rule...

Abedeus:

The_root_of_all_evil:

BobisOnlyBob:

You always use your language even in an international forum and think everyone knows what it means.

Shall we just say that 'Gāteau' is cake and 'Mensonge' is lie? It's not that hard to work it out...

Lukeje:

Abedeus:

The_root_of_all_evil:

BobisOnlyBob:

Shall we just say that 'Gāteau' is cake and 'Mensonge' is lie? It's not that hard to work it out...

Because I was so interested in learning useless French language. Also, you'd have to actually know some words to "work out" a sentence.

Also, "the cake is a lie" is getting a bit old. Even for a meme.

Is this surprising? The French LOVE to protest, especially the Parisian French (from what I've heard from French people).

Le gateau est un mensonge? Vous etes sur? Tres sur? Je pense que le gateau n'est pas un mensonge! Je deteste cette phrase! Ce n'est pas vrai!

Excuse my grammar-I haven't done any serious speaking (let alone typing) of French for at least a month, and the typing is the hardest thing for me. My pronunciation is much better than my writing (I'm a student, not fluent in any way, shape or form).

Erana:
The thing about scientology itself is that, unlike many religions like Christianity and Islam, it assumes that people are bad and stupid by default. People aren't allowed to even see much of their texts until they "understand" the previous piece...
And France has a point. I mean, if they want to have their own beliefs, OK, go ahead. But if you start messing with the law, you're in for it.

I feel I should point out that much of the bible is devoted to the wickedness of man and his sinful nature, in fact the whole Pauline Christian doctrine has it that no one can be saved without Jesus precisely because we are too wicked to abide by the Law, and too stupid to understand God's word. That whole comment you made about not "understanding" the pieces, well that sounds exactly like how they used to conduct the bible studies classes I used to go to.
The church used to conduct the mass in Latin, even though none of the congregation could actually speak it for precisely these reasons. Many Catholics would like a return to the Latin mass! Islam probably holds an even lower respect for humanity next to God.

So my point is that although Scientology is kind've of weird and creepy, its not THAT different to the main religions in my opinion.

funny how a thread about scientology creates more comments about france than the actual subject. I think you should make some comments/suggestions about scientologys future in the us instead of bashing the country that gave you the statue of liberty ;)

HuCast:
funny how a thread about scientology creates more comments about france than the actual subject. I think you should make some comments/suggestions about scientologys future in the us instead of bashing the country that gave you the statue of liberty ;)

You gave us nothing but a faulty alliance in the past.

Abedeus:

HuCast:

Really? Quaintly xenophobic ribbing is fine, but that's your actual serious-face take on France? I'd rate somewhere between ignorant and borderline retarded.

Hyoscine:

Abedeus:

HuCast:

Really? Quaintly xenophobic ribbing is fine, but that's your actual serious-face take on France? I'd rate somewhere between ignorant and borderline retarded.

I'm not xenophobic. I'm just good at History and how France did shit when Nazis attacked Poland, instead of crushing them, they waited.. and got pwned.

Because I suppose that people were not "asked" to give money to the Christian Church for salvation, right?

Also, why should you pray for salvation? Isn't kind of idiotic, when fundamentally, all you have to be concerned about is just doing good around you, which mind you, you don't need any theocratic book to "reveal".

Fucking hypocrisy. They just don't want to see a new current gain momentum.
Where are the lions?

Abedeus:

Hyoscine:

Abedeus:

HuCast:

I'm not xenophobic. I'm just good at History and how France did shit when Nazis attacked Poland, instead of crushing them, they waited.. and got pwned.

How to say it in simpler words... they ALL waited. That laissez-faire. Each crisis is a "formidable opportunity" (Condoleza Rice TM) to gross massive amounts of money and go take control of foreign resources and plant military bases in crushed countries.

I'm going to go ahead and say "orly?" about that Scientology is a fraud. It's a cult for the rich and the popular, and it has nothing to do with science...

Samurai Goomba:
Is this surprising? The French LOVE to protest, especially the Parisian French (from what I've heard from French people).

This applies to all of France, not just Paris.
And that's a good thing, because people are constantly abused, and don't want to take more crap. This is quite an oddity in fact, because France is a country where syndicalism within companies is very low.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here