France Accuses Scientologists of Fraud

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

M3707ik:
ok im not a scientologist.
But, uh, isnt the whole point of tolarence to not say these kinds of things. I mean any scientologist who saw this relentless stream of bull crap would have left the escapist community.

Tolerance is a scheme to get ignorant bigots to be quiet without telling them that they are wrong; it is not a coherent general practice that should apply to every belief.

Scientology ruins peoples' lives. It abuses the legal system. It abuses the press. It amasses money and converts through blackmail. It breaks up families. It does things which we should allow no religion or cult or organization of any kind to do. You might think Christianity is bad: fine. But Scientology is very, very much worse. Christianity threatens you with a fantasy of hell after death. Scientology threatens you with a reality of your own personal hell on earth*. There is a world of difference between the two. If you disbelieve Christianity the threat is gone. If you disbelieve Scientology, they try to destroy you.

*Although what the Pope has said in Africa about contraception is helping to create a sort of hell on earth, that's beside the point. He doesn't think that's what he's doing and it is questionable just how much of an impact his statements will make.

Wow France, nice one. Now all we need is Spain to make them revoke their church status and Europe is set.

I didn't know the protests were still running either. Used to attend a few myself back last year and the year before.

MaxTheReaper:
Any fellow American who says anything bad about the French now is the person who I will be feeding razor blades.
Thank you, France.
Thank you.

is that because they helped you become independent from the British?(that also merited you a sweet prize of a giant green woman)

or is it because the French hate Scientology as much as you do?

or is it both? for me its both.

Zeeky_Santos:

MaxTheReaper:
Any fellow American who says anything bad about the French now is the person who I will be feeding razor blades.
Thank you, France.
Thank you.

is that because they helped you become independent from the British?(that also merited you a sweet prize of a giant green woman)

or is it because the French hate Scientology as much as you do?

or is it both? for me its both.

There is that. They helped us become a country.
But more importantly, someone had to call Scientology out.

France is off the list.
I find it odd people are protecting Scientology, it is not their beliefs on trial but their actions. That they belive in doing bad things is a side note.

The_root_of_all_evil:

BobisOnlyBob:

Vous avez des mensonges, nous avons le gâteau!

Le gâteau est un mensonge!

Oun Crasaunt Le popular falar!
I have no idea what I just said.

Knight Templar:
France is off the list.
I find it odd people are protecting Scientology, it is not their beliefs on trial but their actions. That they belive in doing bad things is a side note.

The_root_of_all_evil:

BobisOnlyBob:

Vous avez des mensonges, nous avons le gâteau!

Le gâteau est un mensonge!

Oun Crasaunt Le popular falar!
I have no idea what I just said.

C'est un triomphe, je fais note ici : "succčs énorme"

Kukul:
What about USA?
When will your goverment make $cientology illegal?
Or are there already too many $cientologists in power to do that?

The latter

*GASP*

Scientology?! A scam?! This can't be possible!!! Not the fine upstanding nutcases that fear Xenu.

I never thought Id say this, "Way to Go France!"

Ah people and their french stereotypes.

France's had an anti cult stance since as long as I can remember. Heck I remember way back when the internet was on its first legs and everyone used startup modems when France first considered Scientology's application to become a fully fledged religion and they told them to go fuck themselves, they are nothing more then a cult and shall be treated as such.

Seems their stance has only hardened since then.
*insert joke about france here cos everyones doing it*

Abedeus:
French is the closest country to Germany (out of our "allies"), and they had the best chance of rushing at Berlin and stopping them. America had it's problems, although they just didn't want to make enemies and thought they could avoid the war.

My mind is blown. Actually nah not really, peeps having BS reasons to hate on france due to their own ignorance is basically the norm. All the same though.... People actually believe these kinda things o_0

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here