Star Wars Humble Bundle: Pay What You Want, You Will

Star Wars Humble Bundle: Pay What You Want, You Will

Star Wars Empire at War 310x

Nine games are up for grabs, and all proceeds benefit Star Wars: Force for Change, and UNICEF.

The recent addition of many Star Wars titles to the GOG library has us all in a Force-driven fervor, and Humble Bundle seems poised to take advantage.

The Star Wars Humble Bundle is going for the next two weeks, and nine games (so far) are up for grabs. Charity is the beneficiary, of course.

If you go with the "Pay What You Want," strategy, three games are coming your way:

• Star Wars: Dark Forces
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
  • ...and if you pay above the average purchase price ($9.59 at the time of publication), at least three additional games are added, including:

• Star Wars Battlefront II
  • Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
  • Star Wars: Republic Commando
  • And lastly, if you spend $12 or more, the final three titles unlock:

• Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Pack
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
  • As is usually the case, paying above the average price also nets several "to be announced" titles, so the nine titles above will be joined by those currently clouded by the Dark Side soon. Soon.

The two charities benefiting from this week's sale? UNICEF, and Star Wars: Force for Change. The latter directly benefits the former, so all raised cash is going to help children in crisis zones around the world.

And if you already bought your fill of Star Wars games from GOG? These Steam keys could make a nice (and cheap) gift for the youngling in your life.

Source: Humble Bundle

can't type humblebundle.com quick enough!!!!

No Lego Star Wars? And you call this a Star Wars bundle? Just kidding, this is the first one in a while that genuinely interests me.

I already own Star Wars Battlefront II so I might as well gift my steam key to someone else. Any takers?

Pretty sure you can't gift humble bundle steam keys anymore, due to people buying them up super-cheap and selling them later...

Personally I already own a majority of these games. Was kind of hoping Empire at War would be available super cheap so I could get some friends together and try playing it multiplayer :P Oh well, maybe next time.

Oh wow! A whole bunch of old SW games I used to enj-

*Steam keys*

Whelp, won't be touching that. Why no GOG Didney?

Some of my friends are going to be enjoying the games I already have. For the record you can gift.

I'd be all over that if i didn't already own all but 3 of the games. And i hear both of the force unleashed games are easily missable.

Sigmund Av Volsung:

*Steam keys*

You still get "DRM-free" downloads directly from Humble Bundle's website.
    Or you could have jumped on GoG's own Star Wars sale a few weeks ago.

The only game I don't own from that bundle that I want is Empire at War. The rest I either own or don't make it worth the cost. *cough* Force Unleashed *cough* I'll just wait until Steam puts Empire at War on sale again.

Jedi Academy just for its amazing multiplayer is worth the cost of entry alone, BUT... I already have it. KoTOR is also a nice bonus too though. Dark Forces, eh. Dark Forces 2 would have drawn my eye a lot more TBH and would probably have gotten me to give in and buy.

If only I didn't already own each and every one of those games already.

Zontar:
    If only I didn't already own each and every one of those games already.

I was thinking the same thing. I already own most of them on discs and all of them on Steam, on which I have the entire Star Wars collection.

NLS:

Sigmund Av Volsung:

*Steam keys*

I don't know if these versions are well-optimised for modern OS, whereas I know that GOG's are for a fact. The DRM-free thing isn't the main reason, it's how they make the games playable.

Steam versions are unreliable, and the sale GOG had a while ago wasn't that impressive(only about 10/20% off at most). Also I'd be able to donate to charity here at the same time.

Sigmund Av Volsung:

NLS:

Sigmund Av Volsung:

*Steam keys*

I don't know if these versions are well-optimised for modern OS, whereas I know that GOG's are for a fact. The DRM-free thing isn't the main reason, it's how they make the games playable.

Steam versions are unreliable, and the sale GOG had a while ago wasn't that impressive(only about 10/20% off at most). Also I'd be able to donate to charity here at the same time.

Most of the games run fine on modern systems. I got the steam pack a few years ago, and have run about all of the games in this package on 64bit W7 and upwards. Jedi Academy might have some OpenGL related Quake3 issue I think(most quake3 based games have it), which has a simple downloaded fix on the steam forum. Dark Forces is the oldest of the games and, (at least on Steam) comes prepacked and ready to play through DosBox. Most of the games are relatively new, so I don't know how much difference a GoG version actually would make.

I've given up on following Humble Bundle in the last years, since I mostly own all the games, but I don't remember them offering GoG keys. Also, Jedi Academy and Force Unleashed 1 & 2 aren't available on GoG.

NLS:

Sigmund Av Volsung:

NLS:

Most of the games run fine on modern systems. I got the steam pack a few years ago, and have run about all of the games in this package on 64bit W7 and upwards. Jedi Academy might have some OpenGL related Quake3 issue I think(most quake3 based games have it), which has a simple downloaded fix on the steam forum. Dark Forces is the oldest of the games and, (at least on Steam) comes prepacked and ready to play through DosBox. Most of the games are relatively new, so I don't know how much difference a GoG version actually would make.

I've given up on following Humble Bundle in the last years, since I mostly own all the games, but I don't remember them offering GoG keys. Also, Jedi Academy and Force Unleashed 1 & 2 aren't available on GoG.

Hmm...

Then I might check it out. I'm still a bit cautious but if they add a bunch of other really good SW games onto the list then I'll probably dive right in.

Thank you for your counsel! :)

I put 20$ into it but damn I wish Steam let you put all the keys in at once.... clicking through the eulas is not that bad but putting in the keys one at a time is annoying as hell.....

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
    With Facebook:Login With Facebook
    or
    Username:  
    Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
    Register With Facebook
    Register With Facebook
    or
    Register for a free account here