Hard West Preview - A Lovecraftian Frontier Tale

Hard West Preview - A Lovecraftian Frontier Tale

Stop me if you've heard this one before: XCOM, Lovecraft, and Clint Eastwood walk into a bar...

Read Full Article

I think I just failed my san role. Cowboys Vs Cthulhu d6 phobias on the way

I must say, this is a pretty-looking game. Like Grim Dawn but easier to see, for one thing.

Ok, I am VERY interested.

I've always wondered why there weren't more games set in a sort of "Deadlands" or "Weird West" type setting. The last one I can think of is "Darkwatch", which came out for the Xbox/PS2 about a decade ago, and that game was awesome.

And agree with an earlier post, does have something of a 'Grim Dawn' look to it, which is a-ok in my book.

Ihateregistering1:
Ok, I am VERY interested.

I've always wondered why there weren't more games set in a sort of "Deadlands" or "Weird West" type setting. The last one I can think of is "Darkwatch", which came out for the Xbox/PS2 about a decade ago, and that game was awesome.

And agree with an earlier post, does have something of a 'Grim Dawn' look to it, which is a-ok in my book.

Ah, I remember Darkwatch....me and a friend did the co-op campaign, because this was in the glorious ancient past when the God-Emperor had united the warring factions of Mankind, anything seemed possible and games still had split-screen multiplayer. To this day we still share in-jokes about the ridiculously awesome steampunk weaponry and goofy vampiric powers the main character gets.

OT

Ok, this looks extremely intriguing! I'm gaining an increased fondness for Weird West concepts and frontier settings in general, particularly if their laced with supernatural horror - here's hoping the Kickstarter goes according to plan.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here