Sword Coast Legends Hit With New PC, Console Delays

Sword Coast Legends Hit With New PC, Console Delays

n-Space has confirmed that its RPG Sword Coast Legends has been delayed on both PC and consoles.

Back when Sword Coast Legends was unveiled, it immediately earned a following from gamers and Dungeons & Dragons fans thanks to its unique Dungeon Master mode. Since then, they've been eagerly awaiting its release. It's a wait that's sadly been pro-longed by delays that, according to a new announcement, will once again be rearing their ugly head.

The announcement, made earlier today by the game's developers at n-Space, confirmed that the PC version of Sword Coast Legends is being pushed back from its current release date of September 22nd to October 20th. Console gamers, in turn, will now have to wait until the first quarter of 2016 to play the game on PS4 and Xbox One. The delay, according to n-Space, will be used to give the team extra time to make adjustments to the game based on player feedback following a recent Head Start event. "When we set out to create Sword Coast Legends we wanted to give players an exciting new way to experience the magic of playing D&D with friends," said n-Space president Dan Tudge. "The decision to delay the launch of Sword Coast Legends was not an easy one to make, but after receiving feedback from our dedicated community, it became clear that a few more weeks of polish would provide our customers with the best possible experience at launch."

Hoping to make it up to gamers who have already pre-ordered the RPG, n-Space has decided to give pre-order holders the game's Rage of Demons DLC free "in addition to access to any upcoming Head Start access programs." Time will have to tell, of course, if that's enough to appease gamers who might not be too pleased at the prospect of a second set of delays.

Source: Sword Coast

Dang, I wanted to give this to myself as a birthday present to myself on the 21st, especially now that I'm wrapping up Pillars of Eternity. Gotta scratch that CRPG fix. Maybe that'll give me an excuse to get Shadowrun: Hong Kong for my birthday and simply get this a little later.

Well, hey, at least they're actually using feedback. Lord knows how many piles of crap have been shoved out the door because of deadlines.

But, but, but Me want!

It's worrying that delays are something that's just a part of the culture now. Sometimes it's fine, other times it's kind of inexcusable (GTA V was delayed for far too long on PC, admittedly the port was good for a change).

Surely there has to be a middle ground between keeping release dates and not releasing buggy nightmares.

Also, if you're going to announce a delay, do NOT do it the day it was supposed to be released. That feels a bit disrespectful unless it was something unpredictable, like your office got hit by a tornado.

After the devastating feedback calling this game out as a poor mans diablo 3 i was wondering if they would delay the game.

The basics arent that bad... but the game simply has not enough content if the last head start was anything to judge by and the random dungeon generator that DMs seem to have no control over simply doesnt have enough diversity in tiles.

You fight through the same 6-10 rooms randomly slapped together

There is no loot system in place, so first guy at the loot usually gets it all

You cant even have conversations with npcs kept for "go do things" with wich you reply with "WE ACCEPT!"

Theres no form of death penalty, you simply keep respawning and respawning.. giving you a sorta godmode that makes searching for traps or tactical play unnecesary.

Bosses and enemies in general are all level scaled... so you can fight a giant beholder and his drow underlings at lvl 1... and fight sewer creatures and bandits lead by a mercenary captain at lvl 20 and there will be no power difference...

Then theres the fact that this game isnt even at all using the 5th ed rules. There are no skills, abilities are bought out of skill trees, theres no spellbook for spellcasters (they buy their spells as abilities ala diablo 3) and all abilities run on cooldowns.

This game is dungeons and dragons allright, but only from the setting and names.

All in all the game was falsely reported on by gaming media me thinks... they where toting it as a dnd 5th ed brought to PC... when in truth its a casual game fit for the tablet market. Not bad.. but really nothing to write home about.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here