Call of Duty: Black Ops III is the Most Anticipated Multi-Platform Holiday 2015 Game

Call of Duty: Black Ops III is the Most Anticipated Multi-Platform Holiday 2015 Game

Call of Duty Black Ops 3

Nielsen Game Rank reveals Call of Duty: Black Ops III as the most anticipated multi-platform game of the holiday season.

Nielsen research group has published the results of its Nielsen Game Rank, an annual survey that reveals which games top the "most sought after" list for the holiday season.

This year, Call of Duty: Black Ops III topped the multi-platform list with a ranking of 98%, with Fallout 4 and Assassin's Creed: Syndicate trailing at 95%. Rounding out the top seven list are Need for Speed, Star Wars: Battlefront, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Rock Band 4. All seven games are available on multiple platforms.

The most anticipated Xbox One exclusive is Halo 5: Guardians, while PS4's most sought after title is Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. PC gamers are most excited for Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void, while Wii U's Yoshi's Wooly World tops Nintendo's list.

Nielsen's Game Rank represents the "overall anticipation level" for games, based on awareness, purchase interest, consumer rating, and more. The percent value represents how strong a game's overall anticipation level is based on "pre-release anticipation levels of all previous titles that released on the platform(s)." For the multi-platform list, values are averages of the numbers for each release platform.

Data was collected by surveying more than 4,800 gamers age 7 to 54 between the dates of Aug. 24, 2015 - Sept. 19, 2015. You can view the full graph below.

There isn't much else coming out in comparison to previous years.

And also it's Call of Duty

So this isn't super surprising.

Isn't every Call of Duty the most anticipated game ever?

On a side note, this is the first I've heard about actual research behind these claims, and that it isn't just some marketing buzzword companies pay to have thrown around.

Man, I'm not remotely interested in any of those games. I must be turning into one of those grouchy old gamers shaking their grizzled thumbs at The Evil Mainstream.

Oh, and I laughed out loud to see Devil's Third on the WiiU list. Oh man, poor, poor WiiU owners.

What a truly withered holiday game harvest. And poor Xbox One owners! They're unanimous for a reason, and that reason is shameful.

Pardon the rock I just crawled out from under, but this is literally the first time I have heard of this latest version of call of duty...

But I suppose that is because they're invisible like wallpaper due to the release schedule.

Can't wait for fallout 4 though, which I have heard of, alot.

You can tell this list is complete bullshit since it doesnt list the binding of issac expansion, guild wars 2 expansion or just cause 3.

I don't think they're going to beat MGS5 in terms of release anticipation and success.

I'm not interested in any of those 'Multi-Platform Holiday 2015 Games' listed at launch, only game up there that I am anticipating is 'Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void'.

I may get some of the others, but it'll be after a load of reviews have already come out and any bugs have been squished.

...This is news? I'm pretty sure CoD has been the biggest holiday release for the last few years in a row.

Zhukov:
Oh, and I laughed out loud to see Devil's Third on the WiiU list. Oh man, poor, poor WiiU owners.

That's what happens when Star Fox gets delayed. Oh well, there's always Smash Brothers.

Anno 2205 is second for PC?

Jeez, that's just sad.

Abomination:

Jeez, that's just sad.

And it would have been third if XCOM 2 wasnt delayed.

This is what happens when you let children vote. I wonder how different the adult only poll would be.

Cod - 98% A game of that had a fanbase in decline for years is top mmm... ok.
Halo 5 - 100% After fiasco that was master chief collection (online issues) and the poorly recieved halo 4.
Ac: Syndicate - 95% Previous Release buggiest (I think) game of the gen.
Why does this sound like complete crap to me?

...Is it? Again?
Ahaha okay.

I enjoyed AW well enough but... people just bled out of the game and I couldn't find any matches. Uninstalled. gg.

Abomination:

Jeez, that's just sad.

That's the most newsworthy thing to me. I had no idea the Anno series had so much traction. I still view the franchise as a relatively obscure property. The Europa Universallis to the much wider known Civilazation or Total War games so to speak.

Zydrate:
...Is it? Again?
Ahaha okay.

I enjoyed AW well enough but... people just bled out of the game and I couldn't find any matches. Uninstalled. gg.

No, from what I understand it's worse than that. There's a bug affecting matchmaking from what I've been told. What I personally think is happening is that the way the expansions stagger lobbies to allow people with the expansion to be able to play those games compared to people without the expansions. So you have all groups of people. Vanilla players, people who have only 1 of 4 expansions, 2 of 4, 3 of 4 or 4 of 4. Then all the combinations in between.

Really screws things up if you missed even one expansion.

Oh cool, i just found a fix. Apparently it is the DLC causing the issue. If you reinstall the game but don't install any DLC you will be able to play the game again.

Not that "anticipated" lists tend to mean much, but I'm surprised it's above Fallout 4.

I'm hoping that it's good. Treyarch always delivers, the beta was great and the Zombies trailer at least made it look interesting. Shame that the campaign looks so limp when I love the Treyarch campaigns, but what can you do?

Lightknight:

Zydrate:
...Is it? Again?
Ahaha okay.

No, from what I understand it's worse than that. There's a bug affecting matchmaking from what I've been told. What I personally think is happening is that the way the expansions stagger lobbies to allow people with the expansion to be able to play those games compared to people without the expansions. So you have all groups of people. Vanilla players, people who have only 1 of 4 expansions, 2 of 4, 3 of 4 or 4 of 4. Then all the combinations in between.

Really screws things up if you missed even one expansion.

Oh cool, i just found a fix. Apparently it is the DLC causing the issue. If you reinstall the game but don't install any DLC you will be able to play the game again.

I never had an expansion :| I didn't put any money into it when I discovered I couldn't seem to get queued for any matches.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here