Get the Complete Java Programming Bootcamp for $69

Get the Complete Java Programming Bootcamp for $69

java-deal-320

Java can seem intimidating...and impossibly dense to get through. It's also powerful-and a must-know if you're thinking about a career in programming. This bundle makes it easier to pick up-without a stack of dull textbooks. Get the Complete Java Programming Bootcamp for $69 at Escapist Deals.

You'll save 90% on 10 Java courses. Starting from scratch? No problem-there's plenty here tailored to beginners. Learn how to use Java to power everything from online games to chat platforms, master the essentials of writing efficient code, get comfortable with Java syntax, and understand the history of the Java language. Not only will you master the Java programming language by the time you finish the courses, you'll pick up training that will help you understand how any computer program works.

Get the Complete Java Programming Bootcamp for $69 at Escapist Deals.

To anyone that bought this, is it good? I've thought about getting into game design and 70 bucks is about what I can afford. Would be awesome if I could get some informed feedback.

$69 to learn a shitty, insecure, dying language.

Kajin:
To anyone that bought this, is it good? I've thought about getting into game design and 70 bucks is about what I can afford. Would be awesome if I could get some informed feedback.

I'd very, VERY strongly advise against it. If you're serious about game design, check out the tonnes of free websites that will teach you the basic skills for programming.

http://imgur.com/gallery/Zw0OJ

Pick a language. Merry Xmas.

Actually, let me edit this:

Java CAN be a good language, for the correct applications. However, I never fully understood why people would jump on the Java Bandwagon for Videogaming. I think it's solely because of Minecraft. Java does have some good things going for it, but it's general lack of security (See: Minecraft Modding Scene) and piss-poor garbage collection being the two biggest reasons why I have a significant disdain for it.

Edit2:

This is what I wanted to show you... http://imgur.com/gallery/9ABDR

Kajin:

The technical stuff all depends on where you want your game to run. I'd start by nailing some design for game mechanics first.

Java is not great for making games. It's good for paying the bills though. Lots of companies (big and small) use Java to run their internal line-of-business software (server programming), and are always looking for more blood employees.

I am still waiting for them to get me a deal on Grant Warwicks Master Hardsurface Modeling series. None of these deals ever seem to have anything to do with any creative field! Will it ever even happen?!

BeerTent:
-snip-

The links provided have been super helpful. I'm learning Python now and am planning on moving to C++ once I've gotten a good handle on how things are done in Python.

Thanks for the assist.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here