Kojima Productions Reveals $2000 Statue of its Mascot

Kojima Productions Reveals $2000 Statue of its Mascot

Only 150 being made.

Kojima Productions has unveiled a 1/2 scale statue of its mascot Ludens, which can be purchased at a cost of $1,999. Ludens is wearing an "extra-vehicular activity (EVA) creative suit" and is carrying a flag with the Kojima Productions logo on it.

The statue, which is being created by Prime 1 Studio, stands at just over five feet tall, including the base and flagpole, with a weight yet to be determined. He will also feature LED lighting in his helmet.

The statue will be limited to 150 units, with each one being signed by Hideo Kojima. For fans with $2000 they're willing to part with, the statue will ship in early 2018, and there is a payment plan of $225 per month available. Preorders are now open.

Kojima Productions is currently working on upcoming Death Stranding, and recently announced that Shinji Hirano, former president of Konami Europe, has joined Kojima Productions as president.

It looks like Immortan Joe in space. Which is kinda cool.

"Extra Vehicular Activity Creative Suit" - err wut? EVACS? ...Creative? What context do you mean this in?? Damnit Kojima, are you phoning this title in?

It looked cool as a silhouette, but now it looks like "What if Square Enix designed Baymax"

since the full body reveal I can't help but feel like all the creative energy was put into the helmet and making it look awesome as a silhouette

also $2k for a statue of a mascot that so far only has big names and weird trailers is a bit much a bit quick imo

Death Carr:
also $2k for a statue of a mascot that so far only has big names and weird trailers is a bit much a bit quick imo

Got to agree.

No matter the level of hype or reputation of the director, it is ludicrous to ask people to drop 2k on a statue of a logo of a company that hasn't even released anything yet...

$2,000 for a model of a video game company's mascot? Even if it was Lord Gwyn as a 6 foot statue from Dark Souls was released, even I as a hardcore fanboy wouldn't pay $2,000 for a freaken statue. Meanwhile this company hasn't even released a game yet, I can't see this selling well.

This is pretty much everything wrong with Kojima in one fell swoop, now it just needs awful writing explaining it all.

Also this is clearly Kojima seeing a commercial for Michelin tires and wanting to make him a bad space marine.

How very Ion Storm-esc.

It is aesthetically displeasing. Also, that's a very... interesting use of a three-point racing harness.

Igor-Rowan:
It looked cool as a silhouette, but now it looks like "What if Square Enix designed Baymax"

And now that you've said it, I'll never unsee it.

I bet Nyxus already has one. Oh, I forgot I'm not on GT anymore. It's ugly. The kind of flashy WTF that has made Kojima's work so much less appealing over the last decade.

You know, I'm going to say straight up that is one of the ugliest mascot designs I have ever graced my eyes on. Fight me.

Terrible nonsense acronym for the suit, adding an 's' onto the end of a name for no reason, and an ugly design with gigantic thighs - what could be more kojima?

HOLY HYPE TRAIN, BATMAN!

japanese naming of things tends to annoy me.. lets put random words together that make no sense together.. at least hes not making up words this time

I'm starting to think that a bunch of westerners treating Kojima like a creative mastermind because he got screwed may have gone to his head a bit...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here