Rumor: Nintendo Working on an SNES Classic Edition

Pages PREV 1 2

Who cares?

My town might get 3 of them and it'll cost 5x -10x more to get them off ebay/Amazon so why bother?

This is great news for collectors but anyone who has a casual interest will have to resort to illegal free options that have been out there for decades.

They're in the process of trying to design a pay-per-month rental service to collect infinite money from every customer on all their old IP, so I not only do not see this being designed with numbers in mind to connect one to even close to every customer who wants one, but I doubt that it's going to be sitting on many of the big name games the customer would want to play. I am betting it's going to be a bunch of trash, Super Mario (maybe All Stars). But then stuff like Top Gear instead of F-Zero, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Street Fighter 2 (fucking doesn't matter edition)... but the idea that it's going to have Super Mario RPG, Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, etc. No, they could do it with the NES cause it's unlikely anyone will drop the money for 8-bit on a rental, but the ability to charge you forever for Super Metroid? Yah, boy they're going to do that. They're still pissed they only got to charge you once for all those games you bought from the virtual store on the Wii.

Armadox:
They're in the process of trying to design a pay-per-month rental service to collect infinite money from every customer on all their old IP

They could've done this if they'd built some internet into the Classic. Rent SMB3 for a month for $1. Rent the Megaman Collection for $3. Sign up to the NES Classic club for $5 a month and get ten monthly games. Upgrade to Classic Gold for $10 and get thirty!

I'm still baffled that they didn't microtransaction the heck out of that thing. It would've been so easy.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here