Metal Gear Survive Delayed to Early 2018

Metal Gear Survive Delayed to Early 2018

metal-gear-survive-320

Konami has delayed the upcoming multiplayer spin-off Metal Gear Survive into next year.

Metal Gear Survive was announced at Gamescom last year. It's set in an alternate timeline after MGS5: Ground Zeroes. Instead of a single-player action game, Survive is a multiplayer games that lets teams of up to four players take on zombie-like enemies. It's also the first game in the long-running series that won't have Hideo Kojima involved in any way. But there's some bad news for those looking forward to the game - Konami has delayed it into next year.

The news comes via Polygon, who spoke to Konami at E3 today. According to that article, the game has been "pushed back a few months" in a bid to give the team more time to polish the game.

Although it was originally slated to release this year, Konami now says the game will land on PC, PS4, and Xbox One in early 2018.

Doesn't matter how much they polish it. The best result they can possibly hope for is a decent zombie survival shooter. Which are three words that have no place in a Metal Gear game.

thebobmaster:
Doesn't matter how much they polish it. The best result they can possibly hope for is a decent zombie survival shooter. Which are three words that have no place in a Metal Gear game.

Yep, a highly polished turd is still a turd

It's a pity it's only delayed and not cancelled.

That feel when no article mention of Dragonball FighterZ exists but instead mentions about this game nobody cares about if not actively hates exist.

They're just gonna run and ruin every series into the ground, aren't they?

#FucKonami

The zombie parts of MGSV weren't even fun.

They can stuff it where the sun don't shine.

After making you PAY real money so that your home base is not raided while you are offline, I whish this company nothing but bankruptcy.

Metal Ge-wha? Oh YEAH! That game. I forgot about it.

Oh man...now I remember it. Thanks Escapist! You ruined my evening.

thebobmaster:

I could see "survival" to describe a Metal Gear game.

Boy, I'm so excited for Metal Gear Zombies, guys, I just can't keep it in. I definitely play Metal Gear games for their multiplayer, and I've always thought the only thing that could possibly improve them would be co-op horde modes against the same enemies every other co-op multiplayer shooter uses!

This is going to be the game of the century when it releases, just you all wait and see.

"These zombies are the key to all this, if we can get them working, because zombies are a much funnier enemy than we've ever had in the games."

They had to push the game back, because the pachinko machine version won't be ready until next year.

"Oh no."

I need to be a fly on the wall in Konami higher-up meetings.

Neeeeeeeeeeed.

This is the first I've heard of this game. What the fuck do Konami think they are doing? First Silent Hill now MGS? Why can't they just fuck off and leave things alone :(

thebobmaster:

Aren't there enough "Zombie Survival Games" on the market? Really Konami? Did you really think the world needs yet another?

Dalisclock:

thebobmaster:

Aren't there enough "Zombie Survival Games" on the market? Really Konami? Did you really think the world needs yet another?

Depending on the mechanics, it can be interesting enough to play. And if it's sold for a reasonable low price (about 20 bucks), I don't see really that much of an issue with it as a game itself.

why couldn't they have turned this into pachinko instead

So now Silent Hill is a pachinko machine and Metal Gear Solid is a MMO with zombies.

#FucKonami indeed.

ffronw:
It's also the first game in the long-running series that won't have Hideo Kojima involved in any way.

Person A: Anyone have any ideas how to continue the story now that Kojima is gone?

Person B: Co-op Zombie Survival?

Person A: Brilliant!

Oh no, I have to wait for metal gear survive until next year.
Whatever shall I do?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here