Namco Building Life-Sized Gundam

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

CantFaketheFunk:

Onmi:

Partially because beamspam mcasshat is behind the controls. Partly because Morosawa is on the level of Stephanie Meyer in my mind.

And Partially because it was the same damn attack over and over again.

And the Red Frame is just That Much Better.

Well sure, Freedom suffers from attachment to Kira and LOL MULTI TARGET BEAMSPAM, but I still think the design itself is absolutely gorgeous. Plus, the color scheme is ftw.

I still dunno about the Backpacks...doesn't sit right with me. STILL at least it doesn't have Gold Frigging Joints.

By the way, SRW Z did the impossible and actually made SEED Destiny LIKABLE.

Like I said my favorite C.E. mecha is Red Frame. Why?

Lowe Gear: Kira has NOTHING on me.

Also the fact that the Freedom can get taken out by the GP-03 is negative points in it's favor though Kou IS the best Old Type pilot in U.C. and one of the best in the Gundamverse. Being beaten out by Heero and Garrod Ran, and if you count him, Domon.

Wow I'm reading through the thread just now and you people know infinty times more about this show than I do, it makes me look back on Zoids.

Anyone here ever watch Zoids??

sooperman:
Wow I'm reading through the thread just now and you people know infinty times more about this show than I do, it makes me look back on Zoids.

Anyone here ever watch Zoids??

I'm being stared at by a bookshelf full of Zoid models and am eagerly awaiting SRW K because it has Zoids Genesis in it.

I also recently went back and completed Zoids Saga 2 (Legacy) again even with it's So Bad It's Horrible translation.

Also if we have the gundam, and we allready have Mazinger Z

The the logical final phase of Operation "Kickass Robots" is Getter Robo.

.... ICALLDIBSONGETTER1

Now they just have to find some girly wuss to pilot it.

Keane Ng:

CantFaketheFunk:
Aww man. This is awesome, but why couldn't it be the Nu Gundam?

Because they're celebrating the classics, dude! And I think those new-fangled Gundams with ten-million swords and angel wings would be too complicated to build anyway.

As glad I am that they're celebrating the classics, I would seriously love it if they did one of Wing/Deathscythe/Epyon, because all three of those Gundam are incredible.

Hankage:

And a supporting cast to slap them repeatedly for being so whiny. A little Tomino Era Gundam humor for all of you youngsters out there.

PedroSteckecilo:

Hankage:

And a supporting cast to slap them repeatedly for being so whiny. A little Tomino Era Gundam humor for all of you youngsters out there.

A Bright-slap will fix anyone's attitude. He brought Amuro into line during the One Year War, and he did it again with Kamille in the Gryps Conflict.

Can a whole nation be megalomaniac?
Still, I hope to find pictures of the completed project :D

KSarty:

PedroSteckecilo:

Hankage:

A Bright-slap will fix anyone's attitude. He brought Amuro into line during the One Year War, and he did it again with Kamille in the Gryps Conflict.

I seem to recall Shinji Ikari manning up in SRW @3 but I don't remember if that was Bright or not.

KSarty:
[quote="PedroSteckecilo" post="7.96796.1511084]

I think pretty much every major character in Gundam Zeta slaps Kamille, he's a lot more of a whiner than Amuro.

KSarty:

PedroSteckecilo:

Hankage:

No Ryu Jose DYING is what manned up the White Base crew, the slap only worked temporary.
Kamille manned up because Quattro was a good Brother/father figure that he never really had.

SEE THAT ATHRUN! THAT IS HOW YOU ACT AS A MENTOR!

CantFaketheFunk:

KSarty:

PedroSteckecilo:

Hankage:

I seem to recall Shinji Ikari manning up in SRW @3 but I don't remember if that was Bright or not.

On a tactical level Shinji can't fight the Eva-01 from initiating Instrumentation so when he initiates it the Alpha Numbers go ape shit on it.

It had more to do with Asuka shouting "I could never be with a weak man who would just give up" (Or similar long time since I played Alpha 3) that he forced his control back over the Eva.

In Alpha 1 it was meeting Banjou Haran and the Londo Bell that lead Shinji to realize "Yes even without Eva there ARE people who would accept me" Leading to him telling Gendo (in a subversion to him wanting to run away in the TV series) that he doesn't believe he CAN run, but he wants to permanently join the Londo Bell.

Then Banjou telling him that would be great, then giving him a rousing speech before summoning Daitarn 3.

That... That stage was just a crowning moment of awesome for the game. Not only are you fighting an Angel only Shinji could destroy in the series but you have Eva-00, Eva-03 (if you got Touji like I did) Daitarn 3 AND Eva 1.

And then if you let the Angel destroy Shinji the Anime follow through, the Eva gets an S2 Organ and Shinji gets merged with it temporarily.

Except this time people urging him to come back include Ryouma Nagare, Kouji Kabuto and Amuro Ray.

Jesus.......

How can anybody be willing to spend money on something like this.

EDIT: Oh! So it can be taken apart and moved someplace else. I thought they were like spending huge sums of money to build a lasting statue or something.

I'd rather see a lifesized Macross.

Hardcore_gamer:
Jesus.......

How can anybody be willing to spend money on something like this.

EDIT: Oh! So it can be taken apart and moved someplace else. I thought they were like spending huge sums of money to build a lasting statue or something.

There Bandai, Gundam is 30 years old and everyone and there Mum knows what it is. Bandai needs to top themselves, we all suspect "Oh yeah another RX-78-2 Gunpla for the Anniversary" not, "HOLY SHIT A TO SCALE GUNDAM!"

likalaruku:

Macross isn't as popular in Japan. I mean it IS popular GOD is it popular. but not to Gundam extent.

absolutely awesome, i wish i could be there to see it in real life.

Yeehaw! Can't wait to see pictures of that thing uploaded on the net...

This is the coolest anything in the history of stuff.

But where the hell is Gigantor?

Spektre41:
This is the coolest anything in the history of stuff.

But where the hell is Gigantor?

Why would Tetsujin-28 get a statue on the GUNDAM anniversary?

And he's currently busy getting a 3D film by the guys who are doing Astro Boy.

Trivun:

Griever18:
That would be like Canada making giant statues of Nickelback.

And what's so wrong with that? Some people (cough*me*cough) actually like Nickelback....

I never said anything against Nickelback. I'm just comparing the two.

Call me when its functional...or maybe it is, and they just won't tell us? This is unsettling. Somebody call The Watchmen!

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!

Totally. Awesome.

Although I'd prefer to have one of these:

likalaruku:

or these
Just can't compete with a mile high transforming spaceship-robot with a reflex cannon.

Singularly Datarific:
Although I'd prefer to have one of these:

likalaruku:

or these
Just can't compete with a mile high transforming spaceship-robot with a reflex cannon.

First one is ugly as hell, second one brings stars to my eyes.

I STILL want my 1:1 Shin Getter Robo.

Also: Japan has a millitary program called the Flannagan Newtype Institute looking to create remote weapons such as funnels, bits etc.

yeah that Gundam? It's a Trap!

Also Funk, if you win the SF4 throwdown, we all chip in to buy you a ticket to go see the gundam, if you lose we melt you down to a puddle and use your liquidy state to be made PART of the Gundam.

Griever18:

Trivun:

Griever18:

And what's so wrong with that? Some people (cough*me*cough) actually like Nickelback....

I never said anything against Nickelback. I'm just comparing the two.

Fair enough, it's just that you're post sounded like a dig against Nickelback, and I'm a fan of them. It seemed as if you were simply against Nickelback in general... Anyway, this statue is a bit of a waste, really. I suppose I can see where they're coming from, after all, as a UK member from Birmingham I was witness to some random architect's crazy idea for the new Selfridge's building, so I'm no stranger to silly architechture. This isn't that bad, I suppose, but I still kind of question the mentality behind the bosses of Capcom, and indeed most Japanese software companies in general... :s

Onmi:
yeah that Gundam? It's a Trap!

I think it's an excellent waste of money! Much cooler than any other monument.

The new DACS (Divert & Attitude Control System) created by the Japan Self-Defense Forces in December, 2006 was quoted as an attempt to create funnel system in real life by Gizmodo Japan.

The code name for the under-development Japan Self-Defense Forces advanced personal combat equipment is "Gundam". On the display exhibition on 7 November 2007, the equipment of the set contains infra-red camera and scope that can verify the incoming target is friend or foe, along with a monitor display that can browse the internet. The equipment has a total weight of 9 kg and the powered suit can run for 8 hours. The testing team consisting of troopers claims that the major improvement should be focused on increasing the battery life of the system. The researchers are also aiming for funnel type systems including missiles that can stay/hover in air and mini scouting robots.

International Gundam Society

On 24 August 2008, a conference was held in Hiroshima with hundreds of academic professionals in different fields joining together to discuss about the relationship of anime science and technology with the modern world, including military, economical, linguistics, possibility of the Universal Century (human colonizing space) and beam weaponry in the Gundam world. Many envisioned the science in Gundam is not far from our time. One aeronautics expert in the project said Thermal nuclear rockets and spherical helper bots should be pursued.

BEWARE THE DECEPTIVE STATUE PEOPLE! They 'say' it will just look realistic with a few features. Do not Believe them we must capture the Gundam!

I have played my share of SRW games (albet untraslated, and my japanese is no where near good enough to read it), and lets just say be glad there making a "real robot" class of mech as compaired to a "super robot" style. reals are to supers (size wize), what people are to reals.

now, i know that gundam wing is ridiculed here in this country, but i think that heavy arms from "endless waltz" is the best gundam ever.

Eric the Orange:
I have played my share of SRW games (albet untraslated, and my japanese is no where near good enough to read it), and lets just say be glad there making a "real robot" class of mech as compaired to a "super robot" style. reals are to supers (size wize), what people are to reals.

In case you've been buried under a rock, Alpha Gaiden is translated now, and J is done but being made into the patch

Griever18:

Hence why we went with Rush instead :P

Obviously, this Gundam is fully functional, the Japanese are just using the Transformers tactic, hide it in plain sight, nobody expects someone to leave a functional superweapon out in a public where a young, angsty Japanese youth can 'accidentally' fall into the cockpit during a nuclear attack on his doomed hometown.

I say we send a sleeper agent to infiltrate the Japanese development team and hijack the Gundam as soon as it's completed despite having absolutely zero piloting experiance just so we can say "Ha ha! Fuck you America, we stole it first!" only to discover that the other ( http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gigantastic/pictures-of-full+scale-59+foot-gundam-robot-kicks-optimus-primes-ass-279774.php ) life-sized Super Prototype Gundam was also fully functional and has come after the second, less powerful pre-production model to capture or destroy it at all costs.

Obviously, the first Gundam (The one at Mt. Fuji) will have been customized and painted red to show that it's piloted by a badass blonde guy that'll end up doing a face-heel turn and join Canada to defeat the evil(?) nation of Japan for some personal reason or something like that. Then America will lauch all of their nukes at everyone to shut them the hell up, ending the 'war' between Canada & Japan.

Oh yeah, the Canadian sleeper agent will be a girl, just to mix things up for frickin' once.

I smell a new horrible Canadian-made live-action movie plot!

MaxTheReaper:
Hmm...this is an awesome waste of money, but it's still an expensive awesome waste of money.

would be less of a waste if it stood up for longer >.>

Tourism Boost!

Tourism gets a +5 because of this statue.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here