Capcom: More HD Remixes To Come

Capcom: More HD Remixes To Come

Capcom isn't quite finished with the cash cow that is HD remakes of classic fighting games.

After the runaway success of last year's HD repackagings of Bionic Commando and Super Street Fighter II Turbo, we shouldn't be surprised that Capcom's still eager to milk this classic games cash cow some more. While admitting that "not every game needs it," Capcom's Christian Svensson has said that the company is going to "potentially" give the HD treatment to more titles in its stable of classic fighters.

"Are we done doing HD Remixes? No we're not done," Svensson said. "But the next ones that we do will be even better, based on what we learned."

Which leaves the question of which games are candidates for HD remix-ification. Asked about the possibility of the popular Marvel vs. Capcom 2 getting the HD treatment, Svensson said that "Marvel would be great to do. There's obviously a fan base for it. It's probably our most requested title. Unfortunately, I wish I had news to share on that front but I don't."

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 has been rumored for an PSN/XBLA release for some time, so maybe Capcom's mum on that front because they've already got a non-HD version in the works. Which means they'd be working on other franchises. My best guess? Darkstalkers, cause really, Morrigan in HD = big money. But obviously Capcom's got quite the catalog to choose from, even if we're just talking fighting games. Power Stone HD Remix, anyone?

[Via VideoGamer]

Aslong as they put as much effort into it as the last HD SF, I'm all over it.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2? That game gave me Playstation Palmar hydra..whatever back in the day, I can only dream they amp that up

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Darkstalkers in glorious HD? I think my heart just stopped from pure awesomeness.

i would gladly purchase many of Capcom's games again given the opportunity to enjoy them in a polished/updated form. Super Ghouls and Ghosts HD, anyone? Strider HD? Streets of Rage HD? Anything in the Versus lineup would be welcome as well (Xmen vs Street Fighter, MvC2, Capcom vs SNK, etc.). I'd probably even pay money for an HD remix of Chip N Dales's Rescue Rangers (NES).

If "Marvel vs. Capcom 2" and "Darkstalkers" get a HD remix and those games are released on the PS3 there wont be any excuses left to not get a PS3... for me anyway.

Capcom really dominates the fighting game industry right now, they should definitely keep doing what you do best even if it means remixes of the greatest game of history.

I wonder if they're going to make a megaman remix?

Aramax:
If "Marvel vs. Capcom 2" and "Darkstalkers" get a HD remix and those games are released on the PS3 there wont be any excuses left to not get a PS3... for me anyway.

Capcom really dominates the fighting game industry right now, they should definitely keep doing what you do best even if it means remixes of the greatest game of history.

Well, if Mega Man 9 is any indication, I think they're more about Demixes with Mega Man.

Keane Ng:

Aramax:

Well, if Mega Man 9 is any indication, I think they're more about Demixes with Mega Man.

Yeah, but that was because their attempts at an upgraded one went awfully.

If they do a new Streets of Rage I insist they keep Skate's man make-out attack.

If they came put with Marvel vs. Capcom 2 HD remix I would buy it day one and on both consoles. Seriously I love that game. It was the very first PS2 game I ever bought.

does it really make the game look that much better???

pyromcr:

Another aspect - does that even matter? Do the people who bought Street Fighter IV really care about the graphics?

There are games I would like to see this treatment given to, sadly none of them are Capcom.

Contra 3, X-Com / X-Com TFTD, Earth Siege 1 & 2, Battledrome, Starsiege, Ancients: Deathwatch, Castle of the Winds, Solar Winds, Raptor: Call of the Shadows, Death Ralley, Pod, Hi Octane, Sim Tower, Sim Farm, Stonekeep, Star Control 2 & 3, Master of Orion 2, Stars!2, Mechwarrior 2 & GBL/Mercs, Worms (original), Baldies, Take No Prisoners, Rise of the Triad, Blake Stone, Corridor 7, Zone 66, and possibly GTA1.

I miss the 80's
= (

release of Marvel vs Capcom series HD would make my day.

Indigo_Dingo:

pyromcr:

Another aspect - does that even matter? Do the people who bought Street Fighter IV really care about the graphics?

Yes? I love the new SF, its not all about the graphics but that is a big thing I like about it.

KaZZaP:

Indigo_Dingo:

pyromcr:

Yes? I love the new SF, its not all about the graphics but that is a big thing I like about it.

Ok, fair enough. I though people just bought it for nostalgia.

roblikestoskate:
I'd probably even pay money for an HD remix of Chip N Dales's Rescue Rangers (NES).

Wink ;)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here