Nintendo Announces SNES Classic for This Fall, Has 21 Games

Pages PREV 1 2

I'm suprised Earthbound is on the list, considering how little attention it got when it came out and I think now is more of a cult classic that most people aren't familiar with.

That being said, I'm surprised Chrono Trigger is not on that list, considering it's considered one of the best JRPG's of all times, and possibly the best of that era.

What!? No Terranigma? No Secret of Evermore? No Soul Blazer? No Act Raiser? No Illusion of Gaia? No Tales of Phantasia?

(Though I wonder if the Japanese get the last one)

I'm quite happy about the line-up. IMO, they could have been pushing the RPG department a bit more, because that is what, again in my opinion, that is what made the SNES legendary for me, but whatever. And yes, I didn't play ToP until I could emulate it.

I will buy this. Hopefully, we won't get the dull NA one with those purple buttons which look like repro.

But yes, Chrono Trigger should have been on there for its popularity alone. And because it's very good.

Terranigma still is the best game on the system.

Saelune:
Star Fox 2? Really?

...Now Im interested.

Yep, over twenty years after it was cancelled and just over fifteen after the complete ROM was 'accidentally' leaked onto the internet, Starfox 2 is getting it's official release.

I am actually tmepted to buy one of these things just to have an official version of Starfox 2 and finally appease eight year old me.

Nintendo are truly inscrutable sometimes.

Dalisclock:
That being said, I'm surprised Chrono Trigger is not on that list, considering it's considered one of the best JRPG's of all times, and possibly the best of that era.

Chrono Trigger's absence can be explained with a single word, which must be shouted loudly whilst shaking your fist at the sky.

Squenix!

Saelune:

bjj hero:

How will you do secret of mana 3 player?

Probably the same way you did in the 90's.

With a tribal tap and an extra snes controller? Good luck sourcing them in 2017.

fix-the-spade:

Dalisclock:

Chrono Trigger's absence can be explained with a single word, which must be shouted loudly whilst shaking your fist at the sky.

Squenix!

I wouldn't shout Squeenix if you paid me, mostly because it's a very foolish thing to be shouting.

What gets me is that anyone actually re-buys CT that much. I mean, I've heard that the versions you buy now are not even the Final Fantasy Chronicle version with the extras added in, like the anime cut scenes. (Correct me if I'm wrong, there.)

Castlevania IV you say? I still ave my SNES and cartridges in storage, though. If I didn't, however...

Saelune:
I think I will actually try to buy this. I missed out on the SNES, and actually havent played most of those games.

People complaining about it "missing games" well, I mean, its $80, not way more. Im sure the VC cost of all those games together is more than $80.

Plus again...Star Fox 2, a game never before released.

I think they're asking 5-10 bucks a piece on VC. This is still about $4 a piece. Still tempted. That's a lot for a nostalgia trip. Was Zelda Link to the past really that great? (I worry, the answer is, yes: buy it! Take the fallout from the wife later).

I wonder if it will have Internet connectivity so you can download additional games. Oh wait, it's Nintendo.

I don't get why they are releasing the SNES classic at all. Wouldn't it be a smarter (financial) move to put all those games on the Nintendo Store, and make them available on The Switch instead?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here