Escapist Under New Management (Again)

Pages PREV 1 2

James Nettum:
This is my first post since... *checks history* ... February of 2015. I stopped follow the Escapist around that time. I'm really excited to see what comes next!

Huh, same here. Almost like something happened in February of 2015. <.<;

Welcome back, Russ, and best of luck getting the big e back on its feet. Looking forward to seeing what you've got up your sleeves.

I hope this means a revival for the site. Also, has anyone else had their profile avatar and just profile stuff just gone? Mine won't let me add an avatar back to my profile and all the stuff I had on my page is gone :(

EDIT: Okay, so it shows my avatar on the forums at least.

chozo_hybrid:
I hope this means a revival for the site. Also, has anyone else had their profile avatar and just profile stuff just gone? Mine won't let me add an avatar back to my profile and all the stuff I had on my page is gone :(

EDIT: Okay, so it shows my avatar on the forums at least.

I think mine is acting similar as your is, but my guess its part of the problems that were described with the prior editorials with the software being out of date and neglected. The way I took the comments is there might be an overhaul in the next few months and if that is the case I doubt there would be many fixes to current problems until the new software/updated software is rolled out.

Well huh. It seems whenever I return to mourn I get some form of surprise. Don't wanna get too hopeful, but damn would it be nice to have the site back!

Sooo... I also just reactivated this account. Lets hope there is a bright futurre ahead!

Ah, back on the forum after so long. Feels like much longer than just a couple years.

Any word on the other folks coming back? Jim, MoS, Extra Credits - anyone else on board?

Oh my God, Russ Pitts is back. It's been a long time!

Matthew Jabour:
Ah, back on the forum after so long. Feels like much longer than just a couple years.

Any word on the other folks coming back? Jim, MoS, Extra Credits - anyone else on board?

I heard they are doing a panel soon where they talk about the new escapist. Graham from Lrr is on it so maybe they are putting a show back on here?

Glad to see the site is heading back to its roots. I have missed it. Happy to see you back at the helm Russ. Can you bring back the animated shorts and web comics like back 06-08. It's what brought be me to the site in the beginning.

Hopposai:
Glad to see the site is heading back to its roots. I have missed it. Happy to see you back at the helm Russ. Can you bring back the animated shorts and web comics like back 06-08. It's what brought be me to the site in the beginning.

Sure thing.

This is the first time I've caught on that the new owner was, indeed, that guy who posted on the forum almost exactly a year ago mentioning that he was interested and that he'd already bought out Destructoid. I'll repeat what I said back then: One company owning two video game sites at a time when video game media is already a shrinking market is at best redundant and at worst a conflict of interest just waiting to happen.

But it's good to see this site brought back to life, or something like it. During the site's dark years I continued to check in on Zero Punctuation with the justification that since they'd given me (and just about everyone else) a free Pub Club upgrade, I was actually costing them money by continuing to traffic the site instead of watch on YouTube. But I still felt kind of dirty continuing to consume content by someone who had allied himself with the site. I'm still not sure how to feel about that, to be honest, and I feel like someone owes me an explanation. Bob said in his latest vlog that Macris was "feeding information" about some of his employees to Gamergaters at one point, which I interpreted as doxxing (because really, who would expect less from the man who ended up partnering with Milo?), so it wouldn't surprise me if threats were involved in keeping Yahtzee around.

I left when Bob was fired. Im really glad to have a reason to come back.

Personally I miss the Feed Dump crew the most. Alex is the cutest devil.

I mean the feed dump crew (read: LRR) is still around and doing well on youtube, and considering Graham was on the PAX escapist panel they might contribute something to the site!?

PS damnn....my old account still worked

I haven't been here in quite some time and I'm glad my nostalgia brought me here today, because this is great news. Looking forward to seeing what you all decide to do with the site. Best regards and godspeed to all of you.

Movie Bob told us on youtube that the Escapist is making a comeback.

I'm very happy to see it raise back up from the dead like a phoenix. I really hope the Escapist prospers!

How amazing is it that so many of us who joined a decade plus ago still keep up with this site so many years later :-)

*sorry, page glitched out and double posted by accident*

Still, here's to the good times both past and future!

Dendio:
Movie Bob told us on youtube that the Escapist is making a comeback.

I'm very happy to see it raise back up from the dead like a phoenix. I really hope the Escapist prospers!

How amazing is it that so many of us who joined a decade plus ago still keep up with this site so many years later :-)

Super amazing.

I'm genuinely amazed to read this. In the past I used to visit this site daily and I hope to do so again soon! Here's to a fresh start!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here